Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flame Out after refueling

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Initiate

I agree totally.

But, if you tank is filled to the top, when you slam down the lid, wouldnt the fuel just tun into the pressure pipe, and either sit in there untill it can come back out into the tank, or fall into the exhaust.

Just what i thought would happen.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
The usual culprit is being too rich on the bottom end.
+1 on that quote.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcsuperfreak
IMO This point is important even if you have a fuel gun,.
The fuel gun actually covers your rear on this one

Paul
Old 07-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lonestar
The fuel gun actually covers your rear on this one

Paul
Sorry for ignorance/inexperience, but isn't the fuel gun "programmable" only for max amount of fuel to put in???
Or even to always reach max tank capacity independently from the quantity already present in it?

Thx
Old 07-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitroRCs
I agree totally.

But, if you tank is filled to the top, when you slam down the lid, wouldnt the fuel just tun into the pressure pipe, and either sit in there untill it can come back out into the tank, or fall into the exhaust.

Just what i thought would happen.
I think it's easier for fuel to go in the direction where it's "sucked" than going against the diretion where it's "pushed".... Just my thought anyway
Old 07-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
bingo

that and an improperly tuned engine = flameouts
Thanks Houston, I think my report was actually given by you last year! Credit where credit is due. It solved our issues.

While on the note of the fuel gun, is there one that works well? As mentioned mine leaks and the thread I read about this a while back seemed to indicate that that is just a nature of the beast! True? Is there a good/proper way to use it? ie: fill it right before the pit or keep a paticular o ring fresh or something?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Babygrand48
Thanks Houston, I think my report was actually given by you last year! Credit where credit is due. It solved our issues.

While on the note of the fuel gun, is there one that works well? As mentioned mine leaks and the thread I read about this a while back seemed to indicate that that is just a nature of the beast! True? Is there a good/proper way to use it? ie: fill it right before the pit or keep a paticular o ring fresh or something?
Have you seen the novarossi fuel gun ?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Babygrand48

I bought a used proline fuel gun about 3 yrs ago for $25. Since then it has been used by 3 or more racers each race weekend, all I have done is replace the oring with a "VITON" oring found at amain and put a little shoe goo where the plastic tube meets the metal end towards the bottom, then assembled as usual. I have had to replace the oring twice in 3 years of "heavy" use.

I have looked at the Nova gun, but for a bill, damn that's a little steep, though I do like the white plastic end cap to keep the tip of the gun at the perfect level in the tank for maximum efficency-but $100. Don't get me wrong I love my plus4's, and P5 and pipes but I don't think I can spend $100 on a fuel gun when the p/l works just dandy.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shady3031
I bought a used proline fuel gun about 3 yrs ago for $25. Since then it has been used by 3 or more racers each race weekend, all I have done is replace the oring with a "VITON" oring found at amain and put a little shoe goo where the plastic tube meets the metal end towards the bottom, then assembled as usual. I have had to replace the oring twice in 3 years of "heavy" use.

I have looked at the Nova gun, but for a bill, damn that's a little steep, though I do like the white plastic end cap to keep the tip of the gun at the perfect level in the tank for maximum efficency-but $100. Don't get me wrong I love my plus4's, and P5 and pipes but I don't think I can spend $100 on a fuel gun when the p/l works just dandy.
Dude if you want the Nova gun let me know. I told Cookie about the Nova stuff.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Dude if you want the Nova gun let me know. I told Cookie about the Nova stuff.
He mentioned it to me the other day, sounds awesome man. Think I'm good on the gun but I may need a P5 and 41021 header here in the near future for my truggy. Got me a buggy to mix it up with all you guys. You gonna make joe's this sat? Get a the cullman crew and come on down.

I'll send a pm and get your #
Old 07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

He mentioned it to me the other day, sounds awesome man. Think I'm good on the gun but I may need a P5 and 41021 header here in the near future for my truggy. Got me a buggy to mix it up with all you guys. You gonna make joe's this sat? Get a the cullman crew and come on down.

I'll send a pm and get your #
Let me know....

As for Shelby, I was going to try to make it, but my son's 2nd B-day is this weekend, so I am going to stay local since I have to be at the party...lol. Tried to get out of it...lol. Wish Shelby didn't run so late. I am good if I can make it back to the house by 7pm. But heck the mains don't start till almost 5pm..... . That would put me home around 1-2am. Wife might be a little pissed....lol
Old 07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sorry for ignorance/inexperience, but isn't the fuel gun "programmable" only for max amount of fuel to put in???
Or even to always reach max tank capacity independently from the quantity already present in it?

Thx
Fuel guns automatically shut off when the tank is full. They sit down into the tank opening far enough that they really can't overfill the tank.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Prophet

90$ includes first class shipping
Old 07-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Fuel guns automatically shut off when the tank is full. They sit down into the tank opening far enough that they really can't overfill the tank.
Ouch didn't know this.... thx 4 explenation.... Never really tried one...
At my track i'm among the "new guys", actually first full year of racing, and if someone of the "junior class" uses fuel gun seems one who just act like a pro and then makes all the silly mistake that juniors do:
it's like << ahaha lookk that guy, uses fuel gun to gain 3 second in pitlane, than he flips twice a lap.....>>
Sounds stupid because everything that can help you has sense to be used, but here it is.
Not that i flip twice a lap, but i've to work on my skills before daring to use fuel guns
Sorry for beein long but thx 4 sharing.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Ouch didn't know this.... thx 4 explenation.... Never really tried one...
At my track i'm among the "new guys", actually first full year of racing, and if someone of the "junior class" uses fuel gun seems one who just act like a pro and then makes all the silly mistake that juniors do:
it's like << ahaha lookk that guy, uses fuel gun to gain 3 second in pitlane, than he flips twice a lap.....>>
Sounds stupid because everything that can help you has sense to be used, but here it is.
Not that i flip twice a lap, but i've to work on my skills before daring to use fuel guns
Sorry for beein long but thx 4 sharing.
kudos to you for keepin it real bro !!

keep up the good work and lmk if you ever need anything in the engine dept. ,im here to help ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.