Search
Like Tree1Likes

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Yes! They will work as long as the camber is set correctly and the wear is even, the rubber will last much longer. The Problem is, anyone getting into this car is usauly coming from using foams and the first thing they want to do is put on foams on the car. I ran a new set of foam tires and half way thru the day, besides having to readjust ride height every run the tires were gone
after half a day. So i put on the oringinal tires that came with the car i finished up the day. the next day i put on a new set of the ofna premounted tires(remember, there are different rubber compounds) and did the exact same thing i did the day before with the foam tires to see the difference. since then, i have repeated my outing 2 1/2 different time and i still have those same tires on. Listen, we all know that foams will give us more traction than rubber but if i can save by running rubber and still have good enough traction to have a great race than this is the way to go in my book. look at overseas, if They can set up 1/10 nitro touring cars to run on rubber tires(even in the rain)and they have traction, why can't it be done with cars like the DM-1, Inferno GT, Ofna GTP,Hot bodies Lighting street or any other cars in this catagorery? If more people would look at this car logicly, this class would grow quicker than you think. and Bottoming out isn't an issue
This can be an inexpensive class to run if you really look at it and that is a good thing in this expensive world of R/C racing. Now after all that, Can you tell i love this class Hav A Great Day!
Are you running the DM-1 with the IGTs, GTPs and HB / Hyper 1/7s?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Extremely interesting car here. The track I run at has a class for Infernos and GTPs, but I'm not sure if they will run these or Hyper 7s (not that anyone has one of those in the area). If they did allow them, I'd get one in a heartbeat!

I would like to know exectly what parts and modifications (is any with the new chassis) are needed for the centax. If I were to get one, I'd want it to be ultra sick! Also, which motor would serve this car, onroad or offroad? I have seen some offroad motors (like the OS .30) in some of these cars beat by an OS .21 rally game motor (which was simply flying down the track).
Old 04-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by spenzalii
Extremely interesting car here. The track I run at has a class for Infernos and GTPs, but I'm not sure if they will run these or Hyper 7s (not that anyone has one of those in the area). If they did allow them, I'd get one in a heartbeat!

I would like to know exectly what parts and modifications (is any with the new chassis) are needed for the centax. If I were to get one, I'd want it to be ultra sick! Also, which motor would serve this car, onroad or offroad? I have seen some offroad motors (like the OS .30) in some of these cars beat by an OS .21 rally game motor (which was simply flying down the track).
Running the DM1 with IGTs or GTPs shouldn't be a problem, these large scales are very similar, unless the they are very strict on car size.

For information on the centax clutch look over post #7 & #63+, it will provide you with a starting point of what mods and parts you need to install a centax clutch in the DM1. There has not been much discussion on this clutch set up this year.

Engines you should consider are RB C6BB w/ 2045 tune pipe combo or the OS speed Vspec w/ 2060 tune pipe set. These engines are strong and high reving for a heavy DM1. But remember the gearing can always be adjusted on the car. Also, the brakes should be upgraded, I use the X1CR FTE brake set in the car and its not perfect but much better than the stock DM1 brake kit.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 04-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vadn1
Are you running the DM-1 with the IGTs, GTPs and HB / Hyper 1/7s?
At My track i will be running a IGT spec class with the execption of bodies,shock oils being changed, allowing the radio equipment to be changed and they have a chioce of two other premounted tires to choose from, everything else must be box stock, Then i will having what i am calling a GT advanced class,this is where the DM-1 will run. In this class you will be allowed to run some of the other cars that are compatible like the GTPs, hyper 1/7s lightning street by hotbodies etc. the only two restrictions that are going to be put on this class will be that you must run rubber tires and that your engine is no more than $250.00 market price (this way money isn't what is going to make you go faster)
Originally Posted by vadn1
Running the DM1 with IGTs or GTPs shouldn't be a problem, these large scales are very similar, unless the they are very strict on car size.

For information on the centax clutch look over post #7 & #63+, it will provide you with a starting point of what mods and parts you need to install a centax clutch in the DM1. There has not been much discussion on this clutch set up this year.

Engines you should consider are RB C6BB w/ 2045 tune pipe combo or the OS speed Vspec w/ 2060 tune pipe set. These engines are strong and high reving for a heavy DM1. But remember the gearing can always be adjusted on the car. Also, the brakes should be upgraded, I use the X1CR FTE brake set in the car and its not perfect but much better than the stock DM1 brake kit.
vadn1 I agree with what you stated above! Hope that helps!
J.C.

Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 04-14-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C Verano
Here's a short video of the DM-1 at Revelations this past weekend..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvabzEEJfls

anyway we can get that without the music?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tomkelley
anyway we can get that without the music?
OMG dude...I Agree!!! I just watched it and now I have a headache and am sick to my stomach feeling all nausiated and stuff. Who would have ever ruined that vid with that music?!?!? If your not going to do something decent in the background, just let us hear the CARS and ENGINES!!! That's much better music to our ears. K, excuse me now because I need to go and get sick.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

yeah the sound of engines running and shifting would be nice. Also if they're running rubber tires you might be able to hear the rubber squeaking.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Just to funny
Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Hmm.....anyone know what the weight is on a built DM-One? Tower says 6lbs, but its also a kit so I'm not sure if they are quoting the built weight ready to run or just as the kit assembled. The IGT's are about 7lbs, so I can see this thing with all of its graphite and other tricks.

I've got a friend who turned a landmaxx into a 5lb big block RWD monster. Its amazing to watch it accelerate!

I also just picked up a NIB Hyper one seven so now I've got one to match my IGT and F1.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

DM-1 weight with full gear can vary from 8.50lbs to 9.25lbs.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

I Just put it on the scale. Race ready, 9lbs.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow, thats heavier than I thought. I for sure thought it would be below 8lbs with all of the milled and cutout sections on the chassis.

My 8th scale buggy only comes in around 8lbs and its loaded to the hilt with aluminum. My LSP is about 9.5lbs and its got aluminum everywhere. Including heavy truck tires as well.

Oh well, I don't feel so bad about my Hyper one seven then.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default First post here!!

My dad and I just got two Ofna DM-Ones. Ko Servos RB 928engines and Pcr 2027 pipes. What is a good sterting set up suspension and diff wise as the manuals make no suggestions. we run on newly paved parking lots and the temps on the ground are abot 130-140F during summer days and about 90-100f in the late afternoon. any general setup will be cool.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by steelresolve427
... What is a good sterting set up suspension and diff wise as the manuals make no suggestions....
Check out post #53 & #54, there are some starting points for linkage set up, as for diff set up and shock set up, try post #91.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.