Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOT BODIES TIRES

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i ended up running the megabite tires all day at a money race in Danville, IN. as the track became more blown out and blue-grooved the car and tires felt better and better. The Red Megabites are quickly becoming my choice on bluegrooved or blown out tracks.

Highly reccomend
Old 03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHogle
i ended up running the megabite tires all day at a money race in Danville, IN. as the track became more blown out and blue-grooved the car and tires felt better and better. The Red Megabites are quickly becoming my choice on bluegrooved or blown out tracks.

Highly reccomend
Awesome to hear. I mainly run the blocks and khaos in a bowfighter setup, but I will be trying the protos soon.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

just got some white compound blocks, khaos, and megabites. I will be posting my results in the next few weeks.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Me too!

I just need to mount them up, but the rubber feels pretty good. The whites feel like an M3, which makes the reds just a little softer. Interesting. The reds hooked up awsome, so I cant wait to feel the whites on the track. If this holds true, it will be cool to have the option to running some a little softer than even an M3 style.

I will post my thoughts as well. I think for the Khaos, this will be great in White! We will see!!

I did run a practice session with the Megabites (red) at Rev, and OH BOY did they feel good! I will post that review after todays race. i will be running them!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Wanted to post another review for these tires. I ran the Megabites (red) over at Revelations this past weekend. They really have a wierd dirt there, it grooves but there is always a fluff that doesn't seem to go away, even in the drive-line. Megabites worked really well, set TQ and finished 2nd in the Amain with the the Mega's. Plenty of steering and just loose enough in the rear to get the car to rotate quickly.

I also tried Blocks in red up front and a pair of Kaos in the rear in white compound. During practice and the first qual, these felt really good. I liked this set up better than red all the way around. didn't get a good run in the 1st round due to motor issues. i am thinkin next time i will concentrate more on this set up or mega's in white for a longer main. towards the end of the 20 minute main with the red mega's, the rear was a lil slick (it was 75F'ish and sunny).

Wear on these tires are awesome, even the megabites in red are showing very lil wear after about 45 minutes of runtime on a grooved track and mainly on warmer days. the blocks and kaos are showing minimal wear after about 30minutes or so. great job to HB!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

I finally had a chance to try some white compound tires. All I can saw is wow they are awesome. I thought the red compound was awesome, but the whites seemed to fit the bill for me a lot better. I was able to try the khaos, blocks, and megabites in white compound. The megabites worked phenomenally at my home track, Thunder Alley RC Raceway, and the khaos and blocks in a bowfighter like setup work wonderful. The megabites provided tons of forward bite and had good side bite. Overall they worked the best for me. The khaos provided a lot of forward bite while having more side bite than a standard bowtie. The blocks provided excellent steering and had good overall bite.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I too was testing some of the white compound tires this past weekend, but @ Revelations Raceway. I am still amazed by how well these tire work. I mounted a combo Blocks (white), and Khaos (white) and ran them in the same combo as a Bowfighter set-up. The white compound Khaos tires in the rear(which is considered a medium compound) is still quit soft (and seems softer than an M2 compound) offered a little more bit than the red compound I had tried a couple weeks ago. I believe this is due to the softness of the red compound, where I think at a track like Rev (a pretty hard/slightly dusty surface) the thread may actually be rolling under itself, a bit. The White's with their slightly stiffer thread, seemed to hold its shape better, in this condition, and offers a little better bite.
The white compound Blocks (in front) still offer great steering, as did the red compound.

I ran the white combo during practice, and was impressed with the performance of the combo. The tire combo, although having a good feel, had a slight loose feel to them in the rear, which was actually ok, since the rear would give a little, and help the back end come around a bit.

In the first qual, I chose to run the red Blocks all around, since they worked a few weeks ago, I figured I would try them again 1st round. As expected, the red Blocks performed just as good as they did the last time out. So good in fact, I stuck with them the rest of the day.
Next week I will be hitting up a different track, and will be trying the white Combo a again, as well as some White compound Megabites. A different surface will give me a better idea, as to how the whites compare to the red compound. So far they both have a good feel, and have surprised me, both in wear and performance. With all the other mfg's out there, I know it is hard to find a reason to try something else, but I am glad I did. For the last 3-4 weeks, I have been running the HB tires exclusively, and have not had any reason to pull out the other tires in my arsenal.

For those that are interested, I will continue to post my thoughts on the white compound Blocks, Khaos, and Megabites.

Great Job Hot Bodies! So far, so good!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

THANKS guys keep your thoughts/experiences comin'. I've tried all the different AKA's at Rev except the Gridirons but I think I'll try the HB Megabites first...not sure if I want to go with red or white compound.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bajaracer1501
THANKS guys keep your thoughts/experiences comin'. I've tried all the different AKA's at Rev except the Gridirons but I think I'll try the HB Megabites first...not sure if I want to go with red or white compound.
Ill be honest with you, and suggest trying the Blocks (red) at Rev's. I am truly surprised at how well they work at Rev. I used to normally like to run Holeshot type tires at Rev, but have really been liking the HB Blocks. Its a tire that I would have never thought would work there, but have found myself using them the last couple times out.
Heck, give them both a try. A couple seeks ago, I was undecided as to which tires to run in the main. At the last minute I decided to run the Blocks. Both tires performed great, which made it a tough decision.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Danny, I'll just have to try em' both then!...good thing I have a worn set of AKA's to grab the foams from
Old 04-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bajaracer1501
Thanks Danny, I'll just have to try em' both then!...good thing I have a worn set of AKA's to grab the foams from
Yeah, I have been doing the same. The AKA foams are great. Although the HB tires do come with foams, They are not the best. I hear that they will be coming out with some molded foam here shortly. I will try them out too when they become available. Until then, I will use my used Aka's or use the Ofna foams.

Let me know what you feel about the tires, when you get the chance to try them out.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I tried some of these tires on Saturday, at the Red Deer track just north of here... some packed areas, but mostly loose and rutted out.
As a baseline, I ran the AKA Medium City blocks, which are a good all around tire for such mixed conditions. They started at about 90% tread and were down to 50% very quickly (3 tanks).

Then I switched to the Blocks/Khaos combo in Red, with JConcepts force-1 inserts on the D8 wheels. Immediately the buggy had better steering, better forward bite and didn't get kicked around in the rutted out sections as much. I stuck to those for the rest of the session... almost an hour worth of running on these tires. I thought they'd be done after that much run time, but the edges are barely scuffed in (you have to hold up the tire to see which way they were run). I'm impressed.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc pete
I tried some of these tires on Saturday, at the Red Deer track just north of here... some packed areas, but mostly loose and rutted out.
As a baseline, I ran the AKA Medium City blocks, which are a good all around tire for such mixed conditions. They started at about 90% tread and were down to 50% very quickly (3 tanks).

Then I switched to the Blocks/Khaos combo in Red, with JConcepts force-1 inserts on the D8 wheels. Immediately the buggy had better steering, better forward bite and didn't get kicked around in the rutted out sections as much. I stuck to those for the rest of the session... almost an hour worth of running on these tires. I thought they'd be done after that much run time, but the edges are barely scuffed in (you have to hold up the tire to see which way they were run). I'm impressed.
That's awesome to see that you had some great results. I have found the same results, since I have been testing them.

In the past 2 weekends, I have been trying the Blocks, and Khaos in the white compound, and have been very impressed. Even though they are a harder compound than the reds, they still have a soft feel to them. Performance was great also. It's a really simple choice of which tire to run. If you want just plain hook-up all around, you can run the Blocks in all four corners. If you want to loosen up the rear of the car a little, then put a set of the Khaos tires in the rear. they still get good traction, but will loosen up the rear for cornering. Exit speed is great, since they get super forward bite.

Both compounds are great. You can really run either one, and get great results.

Wear is awesome too! I have been running the red compounds for a while now, and they are finally starting to show wear. This is not bad at all for as much as I have ran them. the whites will last even longer I am sure.

Hot Bodies has made a great move here. Many do not think about HB when it comes to tires, but I can say that they are missing out!!

It's time to place an order!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Initiate

i just tried red KHAOS and i was surprised.no wear from 1 qul. and a 35min final.the track was dusty and hard but they prove to be the solution.i started with BOW TIES but i found KHAOS much better.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 AM

Default Khaos Buggy and Block Truggy

Jesse used at warm up Nationals,
Buggy: #67760 - HB KHAOS TIRE WHITE 1/8 BUGGY with Proline inner foam.
Truggy: Prototype Block Red compound with AKA insert

If some one goes to Nationals, take HB KHAOS TIRE RED (Qualify) White (Final).

Truggy Tire will be available in August. (sorry not available to everyone at Nationals)

Kaz
Hot Bodies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.