R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   HOT BODIES TIRES (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/277851-hot-bodies-tires.html)

xpertpredator 02-22-2009 11:12 PM

HOT BODIES TIRES

Hey guys, considering AKA has its own thread, I figured why not Hot Bodies. Post your thoughts about the tires here, as well as the pros and cons regarding the tires. I personally have used these tires with great success. They last considerably longer than any comparable proline tire, and they great fantastic traction. All the compounds work great, but I prefer the red compound mixed with a M2 comparable foam. The Khaos and blocks work great in a "bowfighter" combo, and the protos work amazingly well at my local track Thunder Alley RC Raceway. The megabites are like a holeshot so they work great pretty much anywhere.

CHogle 02-23-2009 11:24 AM

i ran the megabites at CRCRC this weekend and they were dialed, fantastic corner entry and forward bite. i would rank the megabite tire right with a Losi king pin. if not a little better!!:nod:

xxxn-t chuck 02-23-2009 04:20 PM

Are the same compounds and tread designs goin to be available for the D8T?
This year will be my first trip to the nationals. I hace talked to some people who have been to the Joliett track and say holeshot tread pattern works pretty good there.

8scaleracer2006 02-23-2009 04:57 PM

HB Tires

i myself will using Block and megabyte tires at our Canadian Indoor Offorad Shootout this coming april looking forward to try these tires out.

Black 02-23-2009 09:16 PM

I have been running the fire out of the megabites here in Florida. Works great on our crazy blue groove tracks and last way longer than I expected.

Also love the block/khaos setup. Works alot like the bowfighter getup.

xpertpredator 02-23-2009 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Black (Post 5472227)
I have been running the fire out of the megabites here in Florida. Works great on our crazy blue groove tracks and last way longer than I expected.

Yah I have been really impressed with the HB tires. My local track is hard packed and eats proline tires rather quickly, but I have been using the Khaos and block setup for the past 4 weekends, and I am still running these tires. They still work great and have plenty of life left in them after running them as hard as i can. I will never use a proline tire again I can tell you that.

Korey Harbke 02-26-2009 10:30 AM

Hey Everyone,

Well... I'm new to this 1/8 off road thing. I'm primarily a hardcore electric on road racer, so I would like to know what compound everyone has been running? Maybe compare them to other compounds of popular tires on the market as well? Thanks guys!

-Korey

CHogle 02-26-2009 10:52 AM

i run the red Hot bodies compound, i THINK thay are simmular to a proline M3 compound

Joehwee 02-26-2009 06:34 PM

What inserts are you guys running?

xpertpredator 02-27-2009 10:27 PM

I like the red compound personally. Also, anyone planning on using these tires at the Losi race at rev this weekend? I plan to have a bunch ready for the JBRL.

Black 02-27-2009 11:39 PM

I am running MBR racing molded foams. They are awesome. A little firmer than Werks foams. Love in my HB tires.

trynomon 02-28-2009 02:53 AM

is it drift tyre recomended?

RiverDiver 02-28-2009 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Black (Post 5472227)

Black.....Where at in florida b/c i am going to the battle at the beach in Fort
Walton next month......and am wondering of what all it's going to be like. From
what I hear is blue groove city

Black 02-28-2009 07:12 AM

Riverdiver- Man that race is AWESOME!!! I will be there for sure. The track and the competition is going to be insane! SICK BLUE GROOVE! The megabite will work when the track is fresh for practice and some of qualifying then I usually run inside jobs or Panther Clay switches. Definitely hit me up if you need any info for that race. Plus it 10mins from some of the nicest beaches in the world.

RiverDiver 02-28-2009 10:43 AM

yeah!!! lol Black me and a few others are going to that race for sure. Louisiana crew and im in mississippi. We won't miss it, im ready for some serious traction