Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray XB8TQ Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

i also have been seeing the xray xb8 for a while now out of reach and its definatly a dream race buggy to have and now i have recently found a mad 2nd hand package for sale, just hope i can get the xtra cash to buy it.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default XB8 - TQ suspension arms!

Hey, I have the original XB8, can I put the TQ arms on it, or do I have to change something else? I hear that the newly designed components give it more travel, what other than the arms are needed to update my suspension. I don't get spanked by all those new TQ's!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi I had also an original xb8

I first put the TQ sets front and rear onto it
it has the new rear tower that gives more downtravel..and the front and rear suspension can be moved a few mms to the fr (or rr) too
and the kick-up gets as much as 7-8 % as is antisquat 3-4 %
all this makes the buggy drives easier because the weight is transferred a bit more to the rear I guess

if you stay with the old towers you will have no more downtravel and none of the other good features
and you will have to have some clips to fill the spaces as the tq arms are a few mms less large at the roots
then I got the new steeringballs, the new caster inserts, the longer outdrives of frontdiff(not really nec.), 5 points chassis and the 1piece motormount,
now I got the TQ arms too

Last edited by speedy2; 06-27-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Hey, I have the original XB8, can I put the TQ arms on it, or do I have to change something else? I hear that the newly designed components give it more travel, what other than the arms are needed to update my suspension. I don't get spanked by all those new TQ's!
I'm pretty sure that the outdrives are longer, so that the universals don't pull out when running no droop.....But I'm not totally sure.

You would need the arms, the outdrives (if applicable), the rear tower, The ALU diff plate, radio tray, and upper steering plate (if you think they're necessary), The new turnbuckles, new blocks or bushings to take into account the new anti-squat and kickup possibilities, aluminum front upper arm plate and rear lower suspension plate, and of course, the new Xray body.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The new outdrives are longer in the TQ kit.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

im pretty shure that the longer outdrives are only for the front of the car. also, you will need to get the front and rear tq kits, the chassis braces, and all of the alloy parts that savage mentioned.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

I was just interested in the suspension upgrade, I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking it's a TQ, I just want the suspension uprgade so it feels like one.

Such as the arms, castor blocks, rear shock tower and anything else suspension related. All the aluminum stuff like the braces and radio tray are not real performance enhancers, just "Bling factor".

Any one have part numbers for the stock TQ castor blocks?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

you can get the tq front and rear kits from carolina r/c. allong with the tq arms.

also thoes alloy peices accually stiffen up the car a good bit. they arent really just for bling
Old 06-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Steering Issue (very stiff)

Hey guys,

Any idea how to resolve this issue? My steering is very stiff, to the point a high torque servo cant push. I've tried it by hand, and it is pretty stiff. Did I miss a place I should have lubed or tighten something to much? I've looked at all the linkages and such, and can't seem to find the problem. Any advice?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

The bearings in the steering bellcranks may be binding. the bushing the ackermann screws go into may be binding as well. Also, be sure that the knuckles aren't binding. You may have excessively loctited the screws in the knuckle.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GulfstreamIVCap
Hey guys,

Any idea how to resolve this issue? My steering is very stiff, to the point a high torque servo cant push. I've tried it by hand, and it is pretty stiff. Did I miss a place I should have lubed or tighten something to much? I've looked at all the linkages and such, and can't seem to find the problem. Any advice?

Thanks!
two things, the steering servo servo is tight.
The allen screws the ones to adjust the camber are to tight .
Old 07-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Just finished a big race this weekend, ran the US style track setup, it was pretty much dialed straight out. Didn't make any adjustments, besides taking out one degree of caster to get a bit more steering. This setup seems to be very stable, although if the track gets really rutted it seems to get a bit unstable, anybody else find that? I was thinking of throwing on my softer slway bars to help that. Overall so far I am very, very happy with this car, damn I've put probably 6-7 hours on the car since I last had any sort of problem, besides filth, and blow clutch bell bearings of course. This car rocks.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

yep the tq's are tanks. go check out the setup sheets on xrays sit. they have a good bit of them.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

XRAY XB8TQ work very well isn't it?...................
Old 07-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIOMASS
XRAY XB8TQ work very well isn't it?...................
Yes it does!

I have built a Kyosho SP1, MBX5, and a FTE X1-CR. When I finally broke down and went with the TQ, I never thought so much R&D went into finally getting the 1/8th scale buggy done right. Every little new design feature should be a standard with the rest of the competition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.