Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Cartman
your going to run 1/8th rally cross then?? its not a touring car!
Isn't a 200mm car? ouch! <put in the last word Homer's voice>

Sincerely.... If Xray launches anything that resembles a car and doesn't run into asphalt with rubbers or foams will be disappointed, specially with the heritage and experience that carries Guraj Hudy in this point. Doesn't matter if the same distributors that carries Snake cars, does the same for Xray. Are the own country distributors the ones that carry and resell cars.

Surely... if Xray launches one of those ugly 1/8 Off road cars for running with intermediate tyres with bodies that barely resembles a car and seems more near of a bigfoot, will be their own decission, but not very wise... future is on the 200mm cars and 1/8 (on and off road), specially when you have covered sucessfully the Touring EP class. Would bet for a 200mm car.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

if you check the xray site there is an advert, is ic but not a tourer!!

i also have my sources who tell me its an 1/8th rally X but we will see
Old 12-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default brand new MTX-3

hey i was wondering if when u guys built ur mtx-3 if it was really tight because of the disk brake. i seem to be having some trouble with that. i mean i know the mugen belts are really stiff and tight but it seems like that brake that is three peices is way toooo big. so i was wondering if the car is suppose to be like that or im just dumb and dont know how to build the car correctly....thx
Old 12-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: brand new MTX-3

Originally posted by tracklighter
hey i was wondering if when u guys built ur mtx-3 if it was really tight because of the disk brake. i seem to be having some trouble with that. i mean i know the mugen belts are really stiff and tight but it seems like that brake that is three peices is way toooo big. so i was wondering if the car is suppose to be like that or im just dumb and dont know how to build the car correctly....thx
it is the stock brake pads a bit too thick. fastest way is to sand down the pad and retry. best way is simply use option telfon brake pad (yellow color)
Old 12-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Corse-R

Surely... if Xray launches one of those ugly 1/8 Off road cars for running with intermediate tyres with bodies that barely resembles a car and seems more near of a bigfoot, will be their own decission, but not very wise... future is on the 200mm cars and 1/8 (on and off road), specially when you have covered sucessfully the Touring EP class. Would bet for a 200mm car.
I think the 1/8 Off-road boyz will argue this with you!
1/8 off-road buggy makes the 2nd best seller with Mugen so why not Serpent/Hudy/X-ray tap into this market.

Smart move Serpent /Hudy/X-ray
Old 12-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Wanna konw about breaking

Hi those pro guys. I would like to know if we really use break for nitro on road cars. Some pro, like surikarn, said don't, some said yes. So what is the correct and fastest way to drive?
Old 12-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Wanna konw about breaking

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Hi those pro guys. I would like to know if we really use break for nitro on road cars. Some pro, like surikarn, said don't, some said yes. So what is the correct and fastest way to drive?
i dont break !!

brake is for pit stop !
Old 12-28-2003, 03:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Wanna konw about breaking

Originally posted by Manticore
brake is for pit stop !
But what happens if someone has removed the brakes fully from there car?
Old 12-28-2003, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Wanna konw about breaking

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
But what happens if someone has removed the brakes fully from there car?
Then they have no brakes------------- no stop-------- crash
Sorry had to say it.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: brand new MTX-3

Originally posted by Manticore
it is the stock brake pads a bit too thick. fastest way is to sand down the pad and retry. best way is simply use option telfon brake pad (yellow color)
I was looking at the braking system on my MTX and wondering about putting in a couple springs to make it a more positive on or off action. No regular car not to mention race car allows the brakes that kind of slop no matter the braking material. Just a Thought....
Old 12-28-2003, 04:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: brand new MTX-3

Originally posted by Fisher890
I was looking at the braking system on my MTX and wondering about putting in a couple springs to make it a more positive on or off action. No regular car not to mention race car allows the brakes that kind of slop no matter the braking material. Just a Thought....
been done in the thread some where
Old 12-28-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: brand new MTX-3

Originally posted by Fisher890
Tried to do it but got some 'problems' with the spring separating the brake pads.

I used the Associated 1/12 scale front softest springs (.018" - sorry don't have the part no. at hand) but had many problems with them, faced coil bind problems - springs were a little too long - when brake was applied and the springs were too stiff and separated with too much force the brake pads and the other edge rubbed with the disk brake (not too much but enough to wear unevenly the brake pads).

Ended removing the springs from the brake pads posts and ensuring that brake pads can move freely over the posts and no problems at all up to today.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

springs from an old biro cut to size will work ok
but to be honest there is no need
Old 12-28-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

the little springs are useless if the brake pads blind. make sure the brake pin and brake pin are smooth and this will do good to you.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

I have cut very small pieces (3 coils) from a ballpen spring, which is relatively soft and put it between my brakepads, works great.

Another brake mod that I think is working wonderfull is to bevel your brake cam where it is touches the brake pads.

Usually this area has a sharp angle, but if you round the edge off, your brake comes in more gradually and smoother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.