Wiki Posts
Search

Ralf Burch Joins Kyosho!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pyramid
No wonder I havent` seen you around lately in the S710 forum..

Good luck with your new toy
yes i am having fun with my new toy!!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Well it's a good choice of Ralf to join Kyosho.
They make cars that do not need tons of aftermarket parts and hop-up's to be competitive. The Serpent cars all need tons of aftermarket options and then still can't win the big events.

Don't get me wrong I do like the serpent cars because of their quality of parts, but if you want to win you must have a Mugen, Asso or a Kyosho!

Using Max engines is a logical step.
At my track their are a few Mugen factory and Asso drivers which use Max engines, and they are all very fast.

Ralf will win the worlds
Old 06-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by 840918001
The Serpent cars all need tons of aftermarket options and then still can't win the big events.
Pardon me... Serpent cars need aftermarket options? Which 3rd party option houses make parts for Serpent? I'd like to know because my 710 is in dire need of option parts. Badly.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

They make cars that do not need tons of aftermarket parts and hop-up's to be competitive. The Serpent cars all need tons of aftermarket options and then still can't win the big events.
That's funny.
Most of the Team Serpent guys aren't even using the after market parts that Serpent makes, let alone something a 3rd party makes.
Can you show me a company that makes parts for Serpent besides 3Racing's bling bling parts?
Old 06-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Serpent cars all need tons of aftermarket options and then still can't win the big events.
aftermarket parts for Serpent?.... I think Ralph won the National title with his Impulse w/o aftermarket stuff....
Old 06-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by kumpol
aftermarket parts for Serpent?.... I think Ralph won the National title with his Impulse w/o aftermarket stuff....
indeed he did , i think the only mod he had on his impulse was the X-Ray front cvd's
Old 06-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Don't get me wrong I do like the serpent cars because of their quality of parts, but if you want to win you must have a Mugen, Asso or a Kyosho!

At my track their are a few Mugen factory and Asso drivers which use Max engines, and they are all very fast.

Ralf will win the worlds
i am sorry but i totally dis-agree that you need a lot of hop-ups parts to run the 710 after assembly you could already race it and coupled with a good engine and a good driver you might even win the race
Old 06-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Ralf will win the worlds
No offense! But I don't think you know what your talking about, I owned a 705 and I think finding aftermarket part for the car is not easy. Like other guy in here said, there might not be other company out there that even make aftermarket part for Serpent. Other then 3racing part which is just for look. Serpent car does not need aftermarket part. Associated car quality can not even be compared to Serpent car quality. Without having a Max engine in a Serpent, it still can be faster then any car with one, mainly depen who drive it and the setup. Hmm... maybe your talking about the HPI. Sorry if it offened you!
Old 06-26-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Ralf used on his winning impulse:
- 4 mm thick plate;
- X-ray cvd's;
- Aluminium screws;
- Polished bearings (x-ray) instead of the stock bearings;
- Different turnbuckles (titanium);
- Different brake disk (ultra cool);
- Aluminium shock bodies;
- Adjustable swaybar (rear);
- Aluminium swaybar bevels (front);

He made a modification to the front bulkheads of the car to have more setup options!

It's not a good sine that you will have to change so many parts of the car to win!

These are only chassis mods, I haven't noticed the enige yet!
Don't think the engine was a stock Nova Mega engine!
It defenitly had a lot of modifications!

I can understand that this maybe upset a lot of drivers, but if you're not a factory driver than it will be more difficult to win whit the Serpent cars.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

No offense! But I don't think you know what your talking about, I owned a 705 and I think finding aftermarket part for the car is not easy. Like other guy in here said, there might not be other company out there that even make aftermarket part for Serpent. Other then 3racing part which is just for look. Serpent car does not need aftermarket part. Associated car quality can not even be compared to Serpent car quality. Without having a Max engine in a Serpent, it still can be faster then any car with one, mainly depen who drive it and the setup. Hmm... maybe your talking about the HPI. Sorry if it offened you!

Wake-up!

Take a look at the 705 used by Michael Salve to win the Euro's.

Do you see the option parts or are you're glasses dirty
Old 06-26-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ducati998
I agree with you. The 705, 710 do not need aftermarket parts ...

As for Kyosho cars not needing hop-ups ... which ones, the V1-S? The FW-05R is touted as THE weapon of choice for Kyosho in the upcoming Worlds and already a ton of hop-ups are required. From what I see in this thread and others FW-05 racers need to spend tons more just to reverse engineer the whole car so that they can avoid being t-boned!
Old 06-26-2004, 12:37 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
As for Kyosho cars not needing hop-ups ... which ones, the V1-S? The FW-05R is touted as THE weapon of choice for Kyosho in the upcoming Worlds and already a ton of hop-ups are required. From what I see in this thread and others FW-05 racers need to spend tons more just to reverse engineer the whole car so that they can avoid being t-boned!
I disagree strongly
Take a look at the car got 3rd place in the Japanese nationals and the cars that won the pre- worlds.

The cars were pretty much stock.

Last edited by B; 06-26-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

HPI R40 used by Akira Ema who stood on the podium to realize his long-awaited dream by finishing second place after some fierce battles..

The HPI R40's great success at the 2003 JMRCA 1/10 GP Touring All Japan Championship! The 2003 JMRCA 1/10 GP Touring All Japan Championship was held at HOKUSEI CIRCUIT in Mie, Japan, on October 18 and 19, and Team HPI participated in the event with the HPI R40 1/10 nitro touring car as its major race debut in Japan. Akira Ema, one of Team HPI factory drivers, finished in second place after running through the 40 minute grand final in his clean driving style. Daisuke Yoshioka, another Team HPI factory driver, finished in ninth, which means two R40 cars have made the top 10 in the championship competed by strongest drivers in Japan, proving the high potential of the R40. The 2003 JMRCA 1/10 GP Touring All Japan Championship At HOKUSEI CIRCUIT in Mie, Japan on October 19, 2003

Old 06-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B
I disagree strongly
Take a look at the car got 3rd place in the Japanese nationals and the cars that won the pre- worlds.

The cars were pretty much stock.
I don't know about the Japanese Nats but that's not what I heard about the one in the pre-worlds. You might be right.

Where can I get details on the exact car used for the pre-worlds?

In any case I usually read quietly in this forum. Its just that I strongly disagree with the broad statement that Originally posted by 840918001-
Well it's a good choice of Ralf to join Kyosho. They make cars that do not need tons of aftermarket parts and hop-up's to be competitive.

I think any make (Kyosho, Serpent etc) will be improved somewhat by the respective drivers for a major event such as the Worlds. If its just to stay competitive on a club or national level most cars (Serpent, Kyosho, HPI etc) are already very competitive.

I'm into promoting this hobby and I think broad statements like that turns away beginners or those wanting to join the hobby. That's all ...

B, you and I also both know that whether a car wins or lose a Worlds is not solely dependent on the car or brand.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Ralf used on his winning impulse:
- 4 mm thick plate;
- X-ray cvd's;
- Aluminium screws;
- Polished bearings (x-ray) instead of the stock bearings;
- Different turnbuckles (titanium);
- Different brake disk (ultra cool);
- Aluminium shock bodies;
- Adjustable swaybar (rear);
- Aluminium swaybar bevels (front);

He made a modification to the front bulkheads of the car to have more setup options!

It's not a good sine that you will have to change so many parts of the car to win!

These are only chassis mods, I haven't noticed the enige yet!
Don't think the engine was a stock Nova Mega engine!
It defenitly had a lot of modifications!

I can understand that this maybe upset a lot of drivers, but if you're not a factory driver than it will be more difficult to win whit the Serpent cars.
Like I mention on my last post I'm sorry if I offended you, you don't have to be so defensive. I'm glad you actaully did some research on what mod Ralf used on his Impulse. If you know how to count most of those part are used to increase the durability, plus he drove a Serpent Impulse not a Serpent 705 in the race, hope I'm right, I think the Impulse had came out for a while and I'm sure you probably need to mod the car a bit to keep up with more updated car. Are you also saying that Serpent only company that modify there cars and other company run there car stock? Also you look at every factory driver out there, the engine those guy run is modify to the max, that it will still be legal, I don't think only the Serpent guy do that with their Novamega. There a reason why a Serpent 710 cost more then a Ntc3 and a regular Mtx-3 not saying the Mtx-3 or the NTC3 are bad cars. Also there a reason why so many guys agree that Serpent don't need aftermarket part but I don't see any guy agree that Serpent need alot of aftermarket part. My guess is that you probably haven't seen a Serpent car in life yet. Don't you guys just love it when peoples out there haven't seen or driven a car and they have so much bad feedback about the car?? A guy like you should stay away from thread that ask peoples for advice to see what car to get, unless you have the car then you can give your opinion. And like Sow&Steady said comment you make is not help promoting more peoples into this hobby, you are makeing peoples stay away from this hobby. If your not a factory driver it will still be difficult to win races with any car. R/C company out there does not just pick any guy up and have them race for them, those factory guy do have some skill and they know what there doing. With good equipment and a good car the company provide for a skilled driver, any regular guy will still have difficult trying to beat the factory guy, but it still possible but the chance it pretty slim and that why you usually see factory guy name on the A main race result not just some regular guy name on the the race result. Maybe is time for you to wake up??? And sorry I do not wear glasses. Here a tip next time just think before you post because what you posted all along was bull$hit, your so stubborn. Your tying too hard to prove that your right, all you need to be right is some intelligance, which I think you don't have.

Last edited by Ducati998; 06-26-2004 at 11:06 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.