Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Team Associated RC10R5.1 FT World GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

I'm very upset with my kit.
I couldn't attend last week end race because the suspension tank in my kit came unmachined ... were can i get a customer support address please?
I'm gonna ask for a replacement and send back the part, evethough it'll take time and expenses i want Associated see what they put in theyr kits. Never ever happened before in the previous TA kits i've owned....
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghiro
' ... were can i get a customer support address please?
Perhaps looking at their website would help:

http://www.teamassociated.com/support/

Mistakes happen, so do yourself a favor and relax. Associated support is very good, so I expect that your issue will be resolved with one phone call.

In the past when I've had issues, they've mailed out replacements parts.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah give their support a shout, they have been great dealing with me and I am in the uk.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

The Gianna works so well on the 10R5.1. It was like the final piece of the puzzle.

I swept Qualifying and won the main from the tone. Turnout was light but my pace was a new track record for WGT on the current layout.

...Actually did the same with my 12R5.2 in 1/12 13.5...its was a good evening of racing
Attached Files

Last edited by AdrianM; 05-03-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The Gianna works so well on the 10R5.1. It was like the final piece of the puzzle.

I swept Qualifying and won the main from the tone. Turnout was light but my pace was a new track record for WGT on the current layout.

...Actually did the same with my 12R5.2 in 1/12 13.5...its was a good evening of racing
Are you still using the offroad king pin up front
Old 05-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

No I switched back to kit stock parts. Trailing axle too.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
No I switched back to kit stock parts. Trailing axle too.
Still needed steering expo with trailing axles ?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Still needed steering expo with trailing axles ?
I have always run 10% expo on steering. I think it makes the car smoother on the straight for slight corrections.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Default 10r5.1 sticking around?

Hey Fellow Team A racers,
I have been a long time Team A racer through the years until it came to the 10r5. Our club started to get a large contingent of WGT drivers, so I started looking at the 10r5. I found out it was discontinued and part support was not happening like the old days. I have read this whole thread and it all looks good, but I am wondering if sales fall of a bit that Associated won't do the same thing to this car. Your thoughts?
I had friends at the Mile High Race and Kevin Hebert and Rick Howhart do not run this chassis.
I would like to come back to running my 12th and WGT by Team A.
Thanks and God Bless
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What cars are Kevin Hebert and Rick Howart run?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

From what I have seen on news and from this race they both run the latest versions of the TC6 and 12r5.2. Now I know that both of these chassis are run at the Worlds so maybe that is the reason, but I wish they would also run the WGT class.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Very few of the top "pro" racers run the World GT class on a regular basis. I suspect that is due to it being a 13.5 non-timing 1S class... ie: sort of slow. I bet you will see a number of these guys running Mod WGT at IIC this year, though.

There are a number of AE team guys running the car in 13.5 WGT, though. Joe Trandell, Mike Haynes, Walt Henderson, Sean Cochran, Bob Stellflue, etc all ran it at Snowbirds/Carpet Nats.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Info on tire selection

Hi Guys
Can anyone help me with tire compounds , i am running a 10r5 using a reedy 13.5t 2s stick lipo .I have been using the world gt spec jaco 2100 and 2110 tires.At the local track ( asphalt ) the car was a very loose , the track had no sugar water on it at the time. ( after work mid week ) do i need traction compound.I checked on the jaco website the tires are about purple shore. Should i use a softer tire (what compound), no one at this track runs a pan car .I have some silver dot tires that seem to work better.I am just getting back into pan cars and only just started using lipo/brushless combos.
PS: i know this is a 10r5.1 thread , but you guys have so much experience in this field.
Cheers Mick
Old 05-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mick71
Hi Guys
Can anyone help me with tire compounds , i am running a 10r5 using a reedy 13.5t 2s stick lipo .I have been using the world gt spec jaco 2100 and 2110 tires.At the local track ( asphalt ) the car was a very loose , the track had no sugar water on it at the time. ( after work mid week ) do i need traction compound.I checked on the jaco website the tires are about purple shore. Should i use a softer tire (what compound), no one at this track runs a pan car .I have some silver dot tires that seem to work better.I am just getting back into pan cars and only just started using lipo/brushless combos.
PS: i know this is a 10r5.1 thread , but you guys have so much experience in this field.
Cheers Mick
For open tire racing on asphalt a good tire combination as Magenta Front and Pink Rear. Run them pretty large, around 57mm front and 59mm rear.

The real issue is the dusty track. Foam tires do not work well in dusty conditions. The tires load up and traction becomes nonexistent.

The best thing to do is blow off the track with a leaf blower and spray it lightly with sugary soda. The soda or sugar water is not there to make the track sticky. It is used to keep the dust down.

Next is how to treat the tires. You will need traction compound to go fast. Typically pan car traction compound application is a 3 step process.

1. Apply an aggressive solvent based traction compound to the area of the tire you want to treat. Usually the inside 3/4 of the fronts and full rears. Let that sit for 5 min.

The traction compound begins to dissolve the rubber and this softens it. If you run just traction compound the tires will coat themselves in dust in one lap. This is why you need step 2.

2. Apply some normal suntan lotion (the high SPF white or pink stuff with lanolin) on to the same areas of the tire you applied the traction compound to. You want an even, opaque covering of suntan lotion. Let that sit for as long as you can. It will turn clear and soak into the tire in a few minutes.

Something about the suntan lotion makes the tires shed the dust and lets your car maintain consistent traction for a full run (even 8 min in 1/12th).

3. Wipe the tires off thoroughly 5 min before you run. They will feel slimy at first then get slightly tacky.

How long the tires sit after wiping lets you tune how aggressive the car is in the first few laps. The longer they sit after wiping the stickier they will get. This will eventually make the car steer too hard and be undriveable until it gets a few laps in and settles in. If the car is too aggressive in the first few laps wipe later and go on to the track with the tires a little slimy. I have wiped right before running and run with greasy feeling tires and they hooked up perfectly.

I know this sounds crazy but we have been doing this this way for 30 years and it is still the best process.

I hope this helps...
Old 05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

@Mick......A good starting point with tires is 30SH rear(pink) and 40SH( purple) up front.
Then go like Adrian says.
The longer you let the traction fluid soak in the tires the better they get.
You can start full on the rear and 1/4 at the front.
See how that works and work your way from there.
If the traction up front is still to high, go for double purple at the front.
On a dusty track the sun lotion is indeed the way to go.
For some reason i found the factor 50 work the best.
I use Xceed tires and Shepard.
Xceed medium rear(sometimes soft) and hard up front and Shepard magenta on the rear also.
Never go for the synthetic rubber tires as they have lesser grip on Asphalt and wear like mad.
On asphalt you can run bigger tires then in carpet.
I just rim the rear tires and sand the walls round.
Front, i cut them back to 63/62MM and round the side also.
This will stop the tires to chunck.

Regards Roy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.