Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Team STPN
I would like to know the advantages or disadvantages between the Havoc vs GTB 2 besides price.
Our Havoc 2S/Spec esc is one of our budget line of controllers; our higher-performance, GTB2 is one of our racing escs:

TeamNovak ESC Spec Chart

The main differences between them are on-resistance (see chart) and programming options. Our GTB2s can be run on sensored motors 3.5T and above; our Havoc 2S can be used with (temperature protected), sensored motors 8.5T and above.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey All, just a quick note regarding the Mongoose ESC. Used it in race conditions yesterday during our club race. I've mentioned the powerful brakes and they lived up to that statement. The max setting is 7 and proved to be too much even for this late braking driver.
Everything else was perfect. Motor and esc temps were excellent in the 85 degree Florida air. Motor never saw more than 130.
The Mongoose is a keeper. I'm only 1 voice but I'd like to ask Rob to consider adding this one to the allowed list.
Thanks Novak for the tremendous support of VTA. Much appreciated !!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Company Representative

Thanks for your Mongoose updates with the 25.5T motor; your experience actually running this esc under the same conditions as in a USVTA race setting is far more valuable than any factory testing we can perform here.

I, too, look forward to the addition of our little Mongoose to the approved esc list. Then we can update our store offerings and Dealer info.

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hey All, just a quick note regarding the Mongoose ESC. Used it in race conditions yesterday during our club race. I've mentioned the powerful brakes and they lived up to that statement. The max setting is 7 and proved to be too much even for this late braking driver.
Everything else was perfect. Motor and esc temps were excellent in the 85 degree Florida air. Motor never saw more than 130.
The Mongoose is a keeper. I'm only 1 voice but I'd like to ask Rob to consider adding this one to the allowed list.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Evoracer
What FDR are u running, and what batteries are u using???? I wonder if I can run a 21.5 ballistic with the Mongoose ( 21.5 instead of 25.5 for large track) on a 140' X 80' outdoor asphalt track. We are looking at a VTA series, we race evenings in the summer usually no more than 60 to 70 degrees temp. We previously ran silver cans and it was an entry level GT class.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Company Representative

We will be adding information about the compatibility of the Mongoose with 540 motors, and will probably spec it 13.5T and above. It should run fine with 21.5T; keep an eye on your motor and esc temps.

If you do run it with a 21.5T, you are invited to post your experience in this thread.

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
What FDR are u running, and what batteries are u using???? I wonder if I can run a 21.5 ballistic with the Mongoose ( 21.5 instead of 25.5 for large track) on a 140' X 80' outdoor asphalt track. We are looking at a VTA series, we race evenings in the summer usually no more than 60 to 70 degrees temp. We previously ran silver cans and it was an entry level GT class.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Company Representative

I have added both the new and RMF versions of our Mongoose escs to our USVTA store.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

here is my Goose and 25.5 in my TC3...great work Novak and USVTA
Attached Thumbnails TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)-usvta-scale-nationals-2011-002.jpg   TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)-usvta-scale-nationals-2011-003.jpg   TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)-usvta-scale-nationals-2011-005.jpg   TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)-usvta-scale-nationals-2011-006.jpg   TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)-usvta-scale-nationals-2011-008.jpg  

Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Company Representative

We have announced a new controller---the Edge---that will be perfect for those USVTA racers needing a much smaller esc for their installations. Our new Edge is affordably priced to appeal to newcomers wanting to get involved in this series.

I have added this new item to the USVTA section of our on-line store. LHS supporting this series will be able to order the Edge directly from their distributors. Several months ago, we made our Ballistic 25.5T motors a distributed item, along with the 25.5T replacement wound stator. Encourage your hobby dealer to stock these items, along with our GTB2 and Mongoose controllers, for the upcoming season.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Question for Novak2

I have both a 53-1720-1 XBR and an original GTB (has lipo cutoff). Which would be better suited to push my VTA around the track using a 25.5 Ballistic? Another question about the XBR. It appears to have a cap in the receiver harness. Is this normal? I bought it used.

Thanks,
Old 09-07-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
We have announced a new controller---the Edge---that will be perfect for those USVTA racers needing a much smaller esc for their installations. Our new Edge is affordably priced to appeal to newcomers wanting to get involved in this series.

I have added this new item to the USVTA section of our on-line store. LHS supporting this series will be able to order the Edge directly from their distributors. Several months ago, we made our Ballistic 25.5T motors a distributed item, along with the 25.5T replacement wound stator. Encourage your hobby dealer to stock these items, along with our GTB2 and Mongoose controllers, for the upcoming season.
Is novak considering a 1cell version of the edge for 1/12 scale??
thanks
idbdoug
Old 09-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GP40X
Question for Novak2

I have both a 53-1720-1 XBR and an original GTB (has lipo cutoff). Which would be better suited to push my VTA around the track using a 25.5 Ballistic? Another question about the XBR. It appears to have a cap in the receiver harness. Is this normal? I bought it used.

Thanks,
Hey Bill. I run the XBR at Mikes in VTA and I usually finish towards the front
idbdoug
Old 09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Hey Bill. I run the XBR at Mikes in VTA and I usually finish towards the front
idbdoug
Yeah, but you drive better than I do LOL Thanks Doug.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Hey Novak2,

I encouraged my lhs to become a VTA stocking dealer and he has been told the program is discontinued. We are also (now) unable to find the $120 Havoc/GTB 25.5 combo (#3037V), the only combo we can find is the GTB2/Ballistic 25.5 combo for $160. Now looking at the regular price for both esc and motor it is clear this is quite a good deal for $160 (especially the ability to change stators in the Ballistic) but looking at it from a potential new racer's viewpoint...$160 is a third again more than $120.

Is there going to continue to be a "budget" combo available a la the $120 Havoc / 25.5 SS system?

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am not getting any brakes at all from my Mongoose. Granted I am not all that comfy with learning how to set it up, but I would think out of the box it would have some brakes. I do think it runs great but no brakes no drag brake. None.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Gotta believe there's something wrong. When I changed from the Havoc to the Mongoose on my E4, I first had to dial down the drag brakes as mine were at 10 as required for the Havoc then I had to tighten the belts as i was getting some belt slip at setting 7. I brake very late and the Goose has been great for this. I use no tricks at the radio end. My M8 is setup with 0 trims, max on dual rate, 0 exponential.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.