Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva 2005

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brooklynrc
quick question for Kyosho guys, which steering ackerman gives you the most agressive steering?
try 11 if you feel you need more go with the 10 just remember you might have to change some camber since the 10 creates more forward bite making the rear loose or add some spacers in the rear hub.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i tried 10 today, got the steering that i wanted. the rear was loose on the car before cause im still chasin the set up for the track. i dont run as much as i used to. today was like 4th time out with the car. now that i got that steering ill have to play around with the rest.

George the track is lookin good. im tellin you you should plan lil vocation n come down to NY
Old 06-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

i tried 10 today, got the steering that i wanted. the rear was loose on the car before cause im still chasin the set up for the track. i dont run as much as i used to. today was like 4th time out with the car. now that i got that steering ill have to play around with the rest.

George the track is lookin good. im tellin you you should plan lil vocation n come down to NY
Yeah i been hearing that alot about the track If i head that way I wil be there for sure.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Empire Rear Sway Bar

Rich,

I tried the settings you gave me and the car felt like an electric car on carpet. The rear sway bar makes the car AMAZINGLY responsive. I didn't get the car exactly like I wanted, but I'm close. (Had to leave the track early)

Thanks for getting me back in the 'Main'!
Old 06-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroHead
Rich,

I tried the settings you gave me and the car felt like an electric car on carpet. The rear sway bar makes the car AMAZINGLY responsive. I didn't get the car exactly like I wanted, but I'm close. (Had to leave the track early)

Thanks for getting me back in the 'Main'!

Great news! - Let me know your progress.

thanks,
Rich
Old 06-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Great news! - Let me know your progress.

thanks,
Rich
I'll be calling you later in the week after I get to the track and test some more. The car is definitely on another level thanks to the new fr/rr sway bars.

Im a HAPPY MAN NOW!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Chavo,

I ran the car this weekend again. It was great. The Empire front hanger combination with rear swaybar work out perfectly for me. The car took the turn nicely. Its rear came out slightly but very stable. I could get on the throttle earlier without worrying about the front of the car would hook in and hit the board. The front hanger gave me the response coming into the turn. The car has been handling well, but now, it is even better. Thanks to Rich and the Empire racing team.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by klapprom
Hey Chavo,

I ran the car this weekend again. It was great. The Empire front hanger combination with rear swaybar work out perfectly for me. The car took the turn nicely. Its rear came out slightly but very stable. I could get on the throttle earlier without worrying about the front of the car would hook in and hit the board. The front hanger gave me the response coming into the turn. The car has been handling well, but now, it is even better. Thanks to Rich and the Empire racing team.
Great Kahn! I was holding off using the front hangers since I have the 'High Traction' Hangers. Floyd is a little slick since they haven't sprayed the track with anything yet. I think I'll throw them on anyway to give them a try.... So far I have the front sway bar mounts, the radio tray brace and the ultimate rear sway bar installed.

Listen to this!
I put a new set of shocks along with a new set of tires....
Set the car up starting with the Rich Browne droop method....
Put it on the tweak board...
IT WAS DEAD CENTER WITHOUT ANY OTHER ADJUSTMENTS!

I hope Rich, Scotty and the Empire Team keep doing what they do.
The products they put out are by far the BEST!

Im a happy dude....

I made the 'A' with a 3 yr old stock motor and the Empire hardware.
Im sure I could have done better had I stayed for more than one qualifier.
I'll keep you posted on how I do this coming Sunday....

PS;
Bert is looking like Scotty out there! HE IS AWESOME! He's Tq'd @ 301 Raceway during the Region 2 1/8th Scale Champs and won a couple of times so far at Floyd. He's using the rr sway, fr hangers and me as a pit biotch...

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Later
Old 06-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Alex
Whats good....I just wanted you to know, that this pass weekend your car
looked much better than before. Im shock to see you handling the car like that. I must say you are holding it down.
In other words your really looking good. keep up the good work.
When i see you this weekend at the race. Remind me...
I have some Empire front goodies you can try out. Its a must have for the Steering.

Last edited by GUINT1; 06-14-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Whats up 710baby.
Its been a while. Like Alex said you should take a little trip
back to NY and check out the track.
A few problems, but everything seems to be comming around
just fine now. No more touring car for Alex. He's a 1/8 scaler now.
laters guys.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Servos

I am down to one working 9301, yes really old school servors in my
Evoloa.

I'm going to need to purchase new ones, and was looking for some input. Can be analog or digital. I've stayed with Futaba for 15+ years, but anything would be possible.

Thanks!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I am down to one working 9301, yes really old school servors in my
Evoloa.

I'm going to need to purchase new ones, and was looking for some input. Can be analog or digital. I've stayed with Futaba for 15+ years, but anything would be possible.

Thanks!!!
Steering: JR DZ9000S Digital Hi-Speed/Torque Surface
Throttle: JR Z4800S Coreless High-Speed Surface

Fast and never a lick of trouble
Old 06-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Rich,

is the Empire Hanger an important upgrade for the 05 Evolva? Specifically, I am only running at RAMS this year (which I believe is considered a high bite track). What should I expect if I bolt those on?

It was a pleasure talking with you at RAMS this past Sunday.

Regards,
Steve Perkins
Old 06-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Hey Rich,

is the Empire Hanger an important upgrade for the 05 Evolva? Specifically, I am only running at RAMS this year (which I believe is considered a high bite track). What should I expect if I bolt those on?

It was a pleasure talking with you at RAMS this past Sunday.

Regards,
Steve Perkins
Hi Steve,

Yes, the RAMS is a VHT track - normally fairly High Bite (depends on who is spraying). The "silver" or 05 hangers will give you more bite in the corners - allowing harder tires and a more aggressive set-up (more speed in the corners). I enjoyed meeting you as well. You are doing quite well - I look forward to watching your progress.

thx,
Rich
Old 06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GUINT1
Hey Alex
Whats good....I just wanted you to know, that this pass weekend your car
looked much better than before. Im shock to see you handling the car like that. I must say you are holding it down.
In other words your really looking good. keep up the good work.
When i see you this weekend at the race. Remind me...
I have some Empire front goodies you can try out. Its a must have for the Steering.

thanks Greg, im trying. need more practice and more adjustments but im moving in the right directiong with some guidence. im trying to see if i can find replacement for this sunday cause im scheduled to work. im heading to the track today to try few things.

p.s. check up on that glc application

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.