who holds the speed record?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who holds the speed record?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Wheel spin has a lot of play in it. Wheel spin is same as hold car in air and watching the speed on the VSM.

Same setup in air it read 130MPh, on the ground was in the mid 80's. Big difference. That was my 1/10 scale. I was seeing how big my tires would get when I did that.

While holding the car in air and seeing what the VSM would read with car running like that - When the VSM read 130MPh it made a loud noise. When the tire ballooned up it started coming off the rim. There was a part that did not release from the rim and it ended up the loud noise was the rim broke. From doing that and seeing how it handled spinning like that. i think I need better rims if I plan on getting it over the 111MPh which is current record.

Holding it in air like that is same effect as wheel spin, I think???
Old 08-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by lazyboy
i think its time we laughed at something else for a change
Nice!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i just cant wait til someone shows up with a radar gun.. heel stop the car every run... say things like ohh something isnt right.. ohh its normally not like tyhis.. ohh i forgot to tune this.. BLAH BLAH BLAH... he will never prove us all RIGHT,, beause he knows we are..

He must be super duper smart though.... because if he actually believes that speed meter is accurate, he should run for prez of stupidville.....

so lets see.. car action proved that the speed meter was wrong....

ajg's answer...

well i must have been lucky and got one that is more accurate the the one car action tested.... HAHAHAHA. RIGHT

and how have u compared it to the tothers to know this??

other have been doing speed test and blowing tires off the car...

ajg's answer... i must have gotten a good set...ha ha ha right..

well ajg let me tell u a little something about foam.. it wears... and if u were going as fast as u state, it would wear out after a few runs......

your answer...... well mine dont wear..... ahh but u already stated u recalibrate your speed meter as the tires wear...
if u have to recalibrate i must assume that they are wearin enough to make a difference....

u keep claiming higher and higher runs. yet the smaller you tires get the slower the top speed....

now u claim to know this... yet last week when we were talking roll outs and ratios u said oghh no your wrong.. yet u just stated one of my FACTS.. im going to pick apart every littloe thing u post from now on... usinf both threads for information..

u should do your homework before u post.. u might not look like such an ass...... you contradict yourself... and that doesnt make u look very smart..
Old 08-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

speaking of tire wear,

I don't have time to look back through last 3 days of posts here, and one of you math wizards can help me with this,

his VSM is mounted on the axle, which at 60mph would be spinning at insanse RPM. He has already stated his tire rollout. Assuming he wears through 1/2 of his foam, at the RPM his axle is spinning for his VSM, would that alone make a HUGE difference in speed being read? from first run, to say 3rd run?

also, go check out his car's pics from the other site. After his 60mph+ run his tires are severly chunked. I'm assuming it's about 1/3 of foam is missing from the tire. With that in mind, wouldn't that also cause traction loss, which would equal wheel spin? Or is that some secret way of losing weight during the run?

It just dawned on me, this whole ajg car thing would be a great question on Mechanical Engineering 101's final test. Come up with a theory on how this thing can go 70mph with his current setup. My answer to that would be: find a way to defy laws of physics, or run it in a vacuum.

stduy, keep up the good work on your speed car! at least you have a realistic idea on this whole thing. Remember agj's car went 90mph spinning its wheels in air. And he's only losing 20mph when it's on the road. I'm thinking you have to ask ajg what you're doing wrong <-- insert sarcasm here.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

hmm i didnt notice the chunking... well i guess ajg u didnt get a good set of tires like u sdaid.. they still chunk just like i stated...
oh wait lemme guess... the tires in the pic are your practice tires... thats why they are chunked.. there not your speed run tires.. ok i get ity LOL

the smaller the tire size, the more revoulutions they will have to spin to get to the same topspeed....smaller tires lose top speed and gain torque.. whuch will give even more wheel spin...

Last edited by burbs; 08-20-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ajg 4-ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

You have an answer for everthing too. so we know your lying. Also, I have my car geared so I won't get tire spin when I start out. Too bad there aren't any bumps for me to hit.
well a few posts ago u said if u get trie spin, u stop the run.. hmmmm another lie....

and i doubt the road in yoyur pics is that smooth... remeber your car is 18th scale.. the small bumps are full sized.. not 18th scale.. they are there and u know it.. your radio doesnt glitch, your car loses control.. and u think it is a glitch...
Old 08-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Off subject but I figure I would share -

I have many cars - But since I moved to UK I had to change radio because of frequency. I had to get a new radio to 40MHz. I have only 1 rx that came with my Futaba m3pk radio. MTroniks is giving me 4 more rx's next week for my other cars. This way i don't have to keep switching the same one from car to car. I am excited, good for me.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
Also, I have my car geared so I won't get tire spin when I start out. Too bad there aren't any bumps for me to hit.
How did you gear your car so that you won't have tire spin? Did you gear it high? If so, that means it will take you longer to obtain 80 mph!!!!! That means you have absoutely no acceleration! If you account for the diffs, you'll burn them up as soon as you punch the throttle; the diffs will have to be loose!

Man I really felt bad about ragging you before but it is stuff like this that makes me....................

FLAME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

I am not familiar with the motor he is using, is anyone else?

I usualy run extremely high gear ratios myself, but the brushless motors i use I designed for that. And the software in my ESC was rewritten to acomidate it.

Is the motor he is using, designed for extra tall gearing? I thought regular 540 size car motors were designed for high RPM's not low end torque?

They need spell check here....

Another legitimate question - How do you gear your car for no wheel spin? I have ran 1:1 and taller gear ratio's - I can still spin the tires on take off.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by studysession
I am not familiar with the motor he is using, is anyone else?

I usualy run extremely high gear ratios myself, but the brushless motors i use I designed for that. And the software in my ESC was rewritten to acomidate it.

Is the motor he is using, designed for extra tall gearing? I thought regular 540 size car motors were designed for high RPM's not low end torque?

They need spell check here....

Another legitimate question - How do you gear your car for no wheel spin? I have ran 1:1 and taller gear ratio's - I can still spin the tires on take off.
That is what I'm talking about, NO WHEEL SPIN! you can do that either two ways: but loosing up the diif to where they are barely transfer power to the wheels, or gear it so high that you would have to push start it in order for it to go!

I tried to give him a little help so he can try to achieve his goal, but it's like when he post at least a paragraph, something stupid comes out. I tried to sit back and not say anymore negative stuff

for i think was the ring leader of this AJG free-for-all......

Last edited by GundamWZero; 08-20-2004 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

him in 30 years dont ask
Attached Thumbnails who holds the speed record?-beatass1.gif  
Old 08-20-2004, 03:42 PM
ajg

As for tire wear, the chunked up tires are about a year old, back when I race my micro. The new ones don't loose any noticeable wear even after 20 runs. So I recalibrate it when it canges, which is not very often. Also, I've had the new tires ever since I've started speed runs.

My car is geared so it can accelerate just as fast a if it had tires slippage, but it doesn't spin the tires, Instead, I get traction. I've done lots of testing to get the right gearing, so don't even question that.

burbs, if you would could type, I wouldn't think you're special.

I saw something about a special school (didn't read all the posts), actually, I go to a very good private school, which most of you wouldn't have the opportunity to go to.

You guys can "rip" me all you want, because it make me laugh.

My truck is like a 1/10 truck (t/e-maxx), just in 1/18 scale form. Yes, if you shrink an e-maxx to 1/18 scale it would be the size of my truck.

The road I drive my car on has no bumps or pebbles. The only time I drove over rocks is when I drive my car in other places (different roads, for all you people who don't know).
Old 08-20-2004, 03:47 PM
ajg

Originally posted by burbs
well a few posts ago u said if u get trie spin, u stop the run.. hmmmm another lie....

and i doubt the road in yoyur pics is that smooth... remeber your car is 18th scale.. the small bumps are full sized.. not 18th scale.. they are there and u know it.. your radio doesnt glitch, your car loses control.. and u think it is a glitch...
Really, if I get tires spin it won't go straight (since I'm not going to lock my diff, and with out a locked diff one side get more power that the other), so I have to stop the run. Another dumb post by you.

Oh, and the road is totally smooth, and yes my car does glitch alot. And you think your always right. Because over half your posts trying to prove something have been wrong, and we all know that.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:52 PM
ajg

Originally posted by Liam_Davies
He's gonna have to realise people are gonna continually rip him until he backs his claims up!

Funny how in nearly every post i've seen from Ajg he's always on about speeds in mph... how he knows these I don't know...
I know mph, because I live in America, not Enlgand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.