Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
who holds the speed record? >

who holds the speed record?

who holds the speed record?

Old 08-20-2004, 04:54 PM
  #736  
ajg
Registered User
 
ajg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: albuquerque nm
Posts: 924
Default

Originally posted by Euge
studysession- I could probably make you one in the fraction of the time of ajg as I have mastered exotic techniques such as soldering, shrink wrapping and fixing a receiver/ESC connector cable that ajg still struggles with.
Man, I wish I could go back in time and laugh at you when you started soldering. Also, I don't struggle with any of that stuff, like you might.
ajg is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:01 PM
  #737  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,854
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

All I have to say about this is a 10 turn that has 64,000 RPM.....And its spinning a Micro Drive train.....HOW is this thing still in one piece and not blowen up or USE a set of brushes every time its turned on. Off of the Trinity site they list a 7 turn at 38,000 RPM....so this kid just got a motor that is about double the RPM.....wow....how much did that cost.....lol

I have built up a speed run car for a guy and it did 72mph with a radar gun....I watched it do it. It was a Tamiya TA03 with 12cells and started out with 2 6 turns(one in the front and one in the rear) RCCA had a car like this in an old issue and thats what it was based on.....but was undriveable so he went with just one in the front 2wd only.....the belt conecting the front and rear gear boxes would fly off or just rip all the teeth off of the belt and skip. So how is this kid able to get all that power through a cheesy Micro drive train? The biggest issue that we had with the car was when you used 12cells and hit the brakes it would BLOW up the motor....so you had to dial all the brake out of the ESC and radio and let it coast down. It took about 300 ft for this thing to get up to 70mph....and this kid is using an AM radio with Glitching problems so Iwould guess its not going more then about 100ft....and there is no way hes getting up to that speed. But this whole thread is very funny to read.

This is very good reading.......You go Euge....lol.
Kevin K is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:05 PM
  #738  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
burbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

with you its like yelling at a def person....you know nothing about doing any research.. i just think because u can spend money on something it will do what u say... weather on not i spel right has nothing to do with what i post... i type fast.. if i cared about spelling i would make it perfect...

i went to a private school from day one... i had your opportunities.. but i dont talk stupid like you either..

u still have not given any good answers to ay of the questions i posted.. i just throw mud, and say oh if u could spell, id answer them...

do me a favor.. post your real name... ill get on a plain. and fly out and ill bring a radar gun... then u can shut me and everyone else up...
burbs is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:07 PM
  #739  
ajg
Registered User
 
ajg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: albuquerque nm
Posts: 924
Default

Originally posted by Kevin K
All I have to say about this is a 10 turn that has 64,000 RPM.....And its spinning a Micro Drive train.....HOW is this thing still in one piece and not blowen up or USE a set of brushes every time its turned on. Off of the Trinity site they list a 7 turn at 38,000 RPM....so this kid just got a motor that is about double the RPM.....wow....how much did that cost.....lol

I have built up a speed run car for a guy and it did 72mph with a radar gun....I watched it do it. It was a Tamiya TA03 with 12cells and started out with 2 6 turns(one in the front and one in the rear) RCCA had a car like this in an old issue and thats what it was based on.....but was undriveable so he went with just one in the front 2wd only.....the belt conecting the front and rear gear boxes would fly off or just rip all the teeth off of the belt and skip. So how is this kid able to get all that power through a cheesy Micro drive train? The biggest issue that we had with the car was when you used 12cells and hit the brakes it would BLOW up the motor....so you had to dial all the brake out of the ESC and radio and let it coast down. It took about 300 ft for this thing to get up to 70mph....and this kid is using an AM radio with Glitching problems so Iwould guess its not going more then about 100ft....and there is no way hes getting up to that speed. But this whole thread is very funny to read.

This is very good reading.......You go Euge....lol.
Well I'm running almost twice as much volts, and my motor has 4 magnets which improves the rpms by alot.

I have full ball diff and things to keep the belt on track. The drivetrain is just as nice as a 1/10 scale. My radio has as much range as an m8 radio or any other high end radio (according to gundam).

Can you all pitch in and buy me a radar gun? Then you could prove me wrong, if I am.
ajg is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:08 PM
  #740  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,854
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Ohh yeah and Foam tires would just blow right off or rip apart of the rims with his TA03 at about 50+mph...and that are WAY bigger then his Micro tires....so his Micro tires spinning at a WAY higher RPM there is no way they are staying on the rim.....but they are still on the rim b/c its not going that fast. We had to use Jaco Capped TC wheels for the TA03 and they would be good for about 2 runs until they came off of the rims.....its was hard to keep the tires glued to the rims at 1/10th scale....I can only think what will happen at 1/18th scale.
Kevin K is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:11 PM
  #741  
ajg
Registered User
 
ajg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: albuquerque nm
Posts: 924
Default

Originally posted by burbs
with you its like yelling at a def person....you know nothing about doing any research.. i just think because u can spend money on something it will do what u say... weather on not i spel right has nothing to do with what i post... i type fast.. if i cared about spelling i would make it perfect...

i went to a private school from day one... i had your opportunities.. but i dont talk stupid like you either..

u still have not given any good answers to ay of the questions i posted.. i just throw mud, and say oh if u could spell, id answer them...

do me a favor.. post your real name... ill get on a plain. and fly out and ill bring a radar gun... then u can shut me and everyone else up...
Just ship me a radar gun. (pm me if you really want to)

I also type fast, but I go back and check my posts. I don't have anything wrong with you messing up though.

My name is Andrew.
ajg is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:14 PM
  #742  
N4S
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
N4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Posts: 1,003
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Has that pile hit 80 yet yet AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN
N4S is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:15 PM
  #743  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
burbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

a 4 magnet motor will not make it have that many more rpms.. 4 magnets tend to have 3-5k more rpms...

kevin k is very knowledgable... ever hear of hurricane motorsports ajg??? just look at the adds on this site, and others..

i belive he knows about motors and batteries..


also your mini cells are not putting out more voltage then a suc c 3300 mah cell. no matter how many u stack on it.. what is the mah rating on your cells??
burbs is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:15 PM
  #744  
ajg
Registered User
 
ajg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: albuquerque nm
Posts: 924
Default

Originally posted by Kevin K
Ohh yeah and Foam tires would just blow right off or rip apart of the rims with his TA03 at about 50+mph...and that are WAY bigger then his Micro tires....so his Micro tires spinning at a WAY higher RPM there is no way they are staying on the rim.....but they are still on the rim b/c its not going that fast. We had to use Jaco Capped TC wheels for the TA03 and they would be good for about 2 runs until they came off of the rims.....its was hard to keep the tires glued to the rims at 1/10th scale....I can only think what will happen at 1/18th scale.
That's your problem. my tires don't come off, even at close to 100 mph (96mph to be exact).

Off topic, but how do real cars read how fast they are going (like what do they use)?
ajg is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:18 PM
  #745  
Tech Addict
 
sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 702
Default

Originally posted by ajg
Man, I wish I could go back in time and laugh at you when you started soldering. Also, I don't struggle with any of that stuff, like you might.
NO YOUR MISSING THE POINT DING BAT!! we are not laughing at you because you cant solder,everybody had to learn.good soldering comes with practice and experience. the point is-IF YOU REALLY WERE SOME R/C GENIUS OR A MECHANICAL ENGINERRING WIZARD THAT COULD OVERCOME THE HUGE PROBLEMS WHEN TRYING TO MAKE A TINY LTTLE MACHINE TRAVEL AT THE SPEEDS YOU CLAIM-YOU WOULD HAVE PICKED UP A LITTLE TRICK LIKE SOLDERING ALONG THE WAY!!!!! do you think Cliff Lett set speed records and then learned how to solder?
sean is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:18 PM
  #746  
ajg
Registered User
 
ajg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: albuquerque nm
Posts: 924
Default

Originally posted by burbs
a 4 magnet motor will not make it have that many more rpms.. 4 magnets tend to have 3-5k more rpms...

kevin k is very knowledgable... ever hear of hurricane motorsports ajg??? just look at the adds on this site, and others..

i belive he knows about motors and batteries..


also your mini cells are not putting out more voltage then a suc c 330 mah cell. no matter how many u stack on it.. what is the mah rating on your cells??
He probably does know alot about motors and batteries, so why doesn't he tell me 4 magnets won't put out that many more rpms, and my batteries don't put out enough amps. Because your not knowledgable about that stuff. For the mah, read back a few pages, I've said it quite a few times. Also, how do you know cp-1300 cells can't put out as many amps, just a guess? I have 3000 mah sub-c cells and they don't seem any better.
ajg is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:20 PM
  #747  
ajg
Registered User
 
ajg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: albuquerque nm
Posts: 924
Default

Originally posted by sean
NO YOUR MISSING THE POINT DING BAT!! we are not laughing at you because you cant solder,everybody had to learn.good soldering comes with practice and experience. the point is-IF YOU REALLY WERE SOME R/C GENIUS OR A MECHANICAL ENGINERRING WIZARD THAT COULD OVERCOME THE HUGE PROBLEMS WHEN TRYING TO MAKE A TINY LTTLE MACHINE TRAVEL AT THE SPEEDS YOU CLAIM-YOU WOULD HAVE PICKED UP A LITTLE TRICK LIKE SOLDERING ALONG THE WAY!!!!! do you think Cliff Lett set speed records and then learned how to solder?
I have pick it up along the way. Also, if I have other people solder stuff for me, it won't stop me from going fast.

Also, did I say I was an r/c genius or a mechanical engineer? No, and if I sound like one, maybe I am.
ajg is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:24 PM
  #748  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,854
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by ajg
Well I'm running almost twice as much volts, and my motor has 4 magnets which improves the rpms by alot.

I have full ball diff and things to keep the belt on track. The drivetrain is just as nice as a 1/10 scale. My radio has as much range as an m8 radio or any other high end radio (according to gundam).

Can you all pitch in and buy me a radar gun? Then you could prove me wrong, if I am.
Your First statement proves you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Also with the increased voltage comes the increased wear of the brushes and even with 6 cells they need to be changed after every run.....you with your 8 cells would make it even worse. It would have to be cut and re brushed every run.

Your Second statement is even worse then the first....there is no way that your Micro can handle all the power you are talking about. The drive train would not hold up very long. If your car was really going as fast as your talking about the belt would have flown off the or be ripped apart......I have been there with the TA03 speed car....it started out 4wd with a belt but that did not last very long.....first run showed us how it would not work....and it cant work with your Micro.

Get you a Radar gun.....how about we get you a class on what an RC car really is and what it can do.....or lets all chip in an buy you a Clue.

If this isn't the most elaborate scheme to have fun with people on the internet then you really need help. And I want a Ticket to the world you live in it seems like everything is gum drops and soda pop...and you can walk into a LHS and get a 64,000 RPM ten Turn......WOW
Kevin K is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:27 PM
  #749  
ajg
Registered User
 
ajg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: albuquerque nm
Posts: 924
Default

Originally posted by Kevin K
Your First statement proves you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Also with the increased voltage comes the increased wear of the brushes and even with 6 cells they need to be changed after every run.....you with your 8 cells would make it even worse. It would have to be cut and re brushed every run.

Your Second statement is even worse then the first....there is no way that your Micro can handle all the power you are talking about. The drive train would not hold up very long. If your car was really going as fast as your talking about the belt would have flown off the or be ripped apart......I have been there with the TA03 speed car....it started out 4wd with a belt but that did not last very long.....first run showed us how it would not work....and it cant work with your Micro.

Get you a Radar gun.....how about we get you a class on what an RC car really is and what it can do.....or lets all chip in an buy you a Clue.

If this isn't the most elaborate scheme to have fun with people on the internet then you really need help. And I want a Ticket to the world you live in it seems like everything is gum drops and soda pop...and you can walk into a LHS and get a 64,000 RPM ten Turn......WOW
Increase in wear, great, I could care less. You might know alittle about motors, but definately not a micro. Also, I orderd the motor.
ajg is offline  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:28 PM
  #750  
Tech Fanatic
 
Cardboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Flushing,NYC
Posts: 843
Default

Originally posted by ajg
He probably does know alot about motors and batteries, so why doesn't he tell me 4 magnets won't put out that many more rpms, and my batteries don't put out enough amps. Because your not knowledgable about that stuff. For the mah, read back a few pages, I've said it quite a few times. Also, how do you know cp-1300 cells can't put out as many amps, just a guess? I have 3000 mah sub-c cells and they don't seem any better.
Voltage and rpm aren't relative. Just because you double input voltage dosen't mean you double rpm. You'd be lucky if you were getting 30,000 rpms with that motor, being that you haven't cut the comm or change it's brushes. At it's peak, with those cells, which aren't as good as sub-cs, you will probably get 42,000 rpms. Just a guess.
You have had over 600 posts in two threads tell you are completely wrong.
Please, SHUT THE HELL UP.
thank you.
Cardboard is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.