Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
I still use the stock grease that came in the syringe. I hadn't had any problems with it, in fact I use it sparingly. Devin, why would you switch to another type of grease?
Cause I ran out and never bought more. I have the associated grease lying around already.... Call me lazy
Old 09-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Devin
Cause I ran out and never bought more. I have the associated grease lying around already.... Call me lazy
I use the Associated grease and it has been excellent. You can use either the stealth or the regular, both works the same. Never had any trouble with the diff not working smoothly. The thrust balls must be cleaned and black greased. I'm assuming you're doing the same?

Nice job again pulling that Win with 20 cars!

Jimmy Fukuyama
Old 09-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

My difs are as smooth as Neil's bottom with the associated grease. lol.

Thanks Jimmy...have your brother give me a ring when he gets the chance.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Devin
My difs are as smooth as Neil's bottom with the associated grease. lol.

Thanks Jimmy...have your brother give me a ring when he gets the chance.
Some secrets should never be revealed.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

How are you guys gearing you XRay with the low ratio pulley on the car? I will be running a 8x2 on Carpet with Foams. Large Track kind of like Snowbirds. 125 tooth spur

Thanks

Mike Webb
Old 09-03-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Shock ?

Do any of you have shock building tips? The manual says the shock shaft when compressed should not extend out on its own. I can not get mine to stop extending by theirself.

Thanks,
Old 09-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rayhuang
For me in and my testing-I always use these simple rules and it works for me every time.

TIghter front diff for more on-power steering out of corner. Might hurt turn in somewhat. Car feels very direct, but may be harder to be consistent from corner to corner, but FAST. Yu can jump on throttle sooner.

Looser rear diff for more aggressive turn in, might hurt acceleration (speed out of corner) just a tad.I dont stray away from those principles because thats the extent of my testing and experimenting.

I would always try to start with both diffs the same tightness (Well-as cose as you can feel), tight enough to not slip-but not locked.

If car pushes on exit-tighten that front diff. if car is lazy turning in-loosen rear diff. Or a combination of the two.

ALSO-and I thnk this is the key to testing-dont go battery pack to battery pack when doing this type of changes. RUn 5 or 6 laps-come right in-make the change and go right back out. Try and drive as consistent as you can.
Thanks Ray

This was what i was looking for ..by the way does anyone knows what the difference between sorex inserts i.e type A/type B/type C??
Old 09-03-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I build mine with as much rebound as possible but with no tightness at the top or what u would call a resistance
Old 09-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

I build my shocks so that on its rebound, it stops just as it is fully extended out. Oh, BTW, be sure all the shocks are the same length.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

regarding leaky xray shocks..i've read guys recommending to switch to GS or HPI shock bladder..currently i cant find any of those and wondering if anyone tried using Rayspeed or Kose shock bladders
Old 09-04-2003, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So the manual is not correct? The shocks should rebound, unlike the manual saying they should not? If this is correct and they should rebound then my shocks work fine.

Thanks,
Old 09-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
regarding leaky xray shocks..i've read guys recommending to switch to GS or HPI shock bladder..currently i cant find any of those and wondering if anyone tried using Rayspeed or Kose shock bladders
Those type of bladders do make the shock action smoother. If you can get a hold of them, it would be well worth the effort.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

On the matter of shock rebound.

A quick tip on shock building, I always do my Xray shocks this way and they come out nice and even every time.

Once you've filled the body and bled the air out put a 4mm caster clip on the shock shaft, push the shaft in up to the clip then just screw the cap on. Get's a nice smooth rebound with no resistence at the top of the stroke plus you know you're rebuilding your shocks exactly the same way everytime.

//Stu
Old 09-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone ever run a 6-8 turn in the xray? If so, how was it's performance...I bet it ripped. How did you gear it?
Old 09-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ragman- thats a good idea with the clip, same amount of oil in everyone or dang close to it.
I have run a 9 turn in my xray and yes it does rip. I geared at a 8.5 on rubber tires. straight 80-100 feet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.