Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rranger
MTX3 is designed to use off set wheels. so all four dogbones are shorter then what you need when using 0 offset wheel. It makes noise, clicks, and pop out etc. To solve the problem,.keep the track width under 197 or insert O rings between dogbone and drive hub or add 1-2mm 6x8 spacer to the one way drive hub, use the spacer of non tubo glow plug do the job, or use MTX-2 's dogbones.

No grease!
OK then its designed to run 2mm offset SO why do the MTX2 bones fit ok when its set up for 2mm offset at 200mm. Why not keep the lenth in the dogbone?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Hello Robbie,

Thought GREASE is a NO NO to the outdrive. I don't remember the exact reason of it, but it's something like grease will bond easily with dust and small particle, and it'll be as though one keeps grinding his outdrive with sand, or something like that.

Sorry, I might be babbling. It's just too early for fish.
Depends on what grease you use,here's the grease we offer B0308 very sticky but dos'nt atract that much debree.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Greasing the outdrives/axles

Guys;

ANY kind of lube is better than none at all. Even in Off-Road conditions. Your drive line joints will last much, much longer with a drop of lube every once in a while. The Teflon pen oilers are the easiest to use. Dirt/dust is really a non-issue as the metal to metal contact rubbing is more detrimental to the joints than anything else.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hey!
i have yet to drive the car, but still, have encountered a problem, on the steering assembly, the screw in thepicture keeps backing out. this happened on my mtx-2 many times, even after i put a little threadlock in. on my mtx-2,this ended my race day a little early,and was a constant problem! how can i solve the problem so i dont run into it with the 3?

Click the picture
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-problem-1.jpg  
Old 12-10-2002, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

I had the same problem with my MRX-3 once...

Clean it real good and reapply locktite, lots of it.
I usually apply liberally and let dry on the screw, then screw it in.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

MTX3 is designed to use off set wheels. so all four dogbones are shorter then what you need when using 0 offset wheel. It makes noise, clicks, and pop out etc. To solve the problem,.keep the track width under 197 or insert O rings between dogbone and drive hub or add 1-2mm 6x8 spacer to the one way drive hub, use the spacer of non tubo glow plug do the job, or use MTX-2 's dogbones.

No grease!
track width under 197?????

spacer between drive hub and one way??????

no grease ??????

you learn it from HPI forum?
Old 12-10-2002, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Cartman
OK then its designed to run 2mm offset SO why do the MTX2 bones fit ok when its set up for 2mm offset at 200mm. Why not keep the lenth in the dogbone?
the stock rims are 1mm offset !!!!!!
Old 12-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
Depends on what grease you use,here's the grease we offer B0308 very sticky but dos'nt atract that much debree.
ron paris green grease is the best for outdrive !
Old 12-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Nytrochaos
Hey!
i have yet to drive the car, but still, have encountered a problem, on the steering assembly, the screw in thepicture keeps backing out. this happened on my mtx-2 many times, even after i put a little threadlock in. on my mtx-2,this ended my race day a little early,and was a constant problem! how can i solve the problem so i dont run into it with the 3?

Click the picture
you need a good allen wrench and a good piler instead
Old 12-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

I personally use Snap-On tools. Far better and practically indestructable. They dont eat the head of the allen screws as much either and they can be put in at an angle. Very expensive though.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I get snap-on tools through work.... I thaught they were the best allendrivers I had ever used.... then I tried Hudy.....
Old 12-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

My mom called me today, and i guess my Hudy Ultimate Setup System arrived!!! i cant wait to go home!! (9 days, not that im counting)

I have a brand new car, never driven, and a setup system to get the most out of it!!! Man, I love Hannukah!!.....(actually, i had to pay for quite a bit of both, but still............)
Old 12-10-2002, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

track width under 197?????

spacer between drive hub and one way??????

no grease ??????

you learn it from HPI forum???

You might not want to use 197 or any less, but yes that's a way to stop dogbone clicking.

What's the problem with the spacer? it works great.

I know somebody insist to use grease, if you are, go ahead.

All these about common sense, need not learn from anywhere.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

You might not want to use 197 or any less, but yes that's a way to stop dogbone clicking.

What's the problem with the spacer? it works great.

I know somebody insist to use grease, if you are, go ahead.

All these about common sense, need not learn from anywhere.

it is amusing to hear such kind of theory once in a while.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

You want to use the brass seal from a glow plug to space out your rim?.... ok, I would spend the couple of bucks and get a proper one... I didnt spend lots of money on my car to use a dodgy fix like that.

I have fixed the clicking problem.... it just needed bedding in....

God how I wish the HPI forum was back the way it was.... wouldnt be as many goblins in here then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.