Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Looks like your setting is too aggressive initially for a 7T. Do you have the Current limiter on?

Try this:

FREQ0=37
FREQ1=37
FREQ2=37
FREQ3=35
FREQ4=33
FREQ5=32
FREQ6=30
FREQ7=29
FREQ8=28
FREQ9=27
Old 01-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

At the moment the current limiter is set at 260amps is it too high? do you think its possibile to post or pm me a complete profile for a 7t.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro Models
At the moment the current limiter is set at 260amps is it too high? do you think its possibile to post or pm me a complete profile for a 7t.

Thanks
I would be interested in the same profile as well.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys! im kinda having problems with my 1-month old KoPropo VFS Hara Twister 2.1... it was perfectly fine until last night my car would stop after hitting 10-12 laps. i installed a newly cut motor twice and the same thing would happen... now i am checking it with different motors, it seems to be working fine with 27T,23T & 19T but when i change to modified (a DC Ti3 6x1 & DC XXX-Cobalt 8x2) the motor would respond with just a blip on a quick full-throttle. but when you slowly pull the trigger it would run okay.. hope anyone can help me out on this. also, i added a Novak 36a schottky diode and last week the original Ko Schottky exploded.. guess it was because i kept on hitting the breaks.. i am using a spool.

Carlo
Old 01-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Carlo I had the same problem when my other vfs-1 use to heat up whilst using 7 singles however since I changed to the Pro version and installed a heat sink I never encountered this problem again accept from the problem mentioned above.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Regional Moderator

I believe its the thermal cutoff. Try using a fan blowing to the esc if you run hot motor. I've never had problem with the new VFS1 Competition (carbon case) because off the higher thermal protection.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro Models

Thanks
Well, you may be experiencing the current limiter coming on. I would turn it off to see if it solves your problem. Try Hara's setting from the World Championships from our site. They were using 7T motors then. Hara's Setting
-Robert
Old 01-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rbboy
hey guys! im kinda having problems with my 1-month old KoPropo VFS Hara Twister 2.1... it was perfectly fine until last night my car would stop after hitting 10-12 laps. i installed a newly cut motor twice and the same thing would happen... now i am checking it with different motors, it seems to be working fine with 27T,23T & 19T but when i change to modified (a DC Ti3 6x1 & DC XXX-Cobalt 8x2) the motor would respond with just a blip on a quick full-throttle. but when you slowly pull the trigger it would run okay.. hope anyone can help me out on this. also, i added a Novak 36a schottky diode and last week the original Ko Schottky exploded.. guess it was because i kept on hitting the breaks.. i am using a spool.

Carlo
Carlo-
Are you using the same profile for 6x1 as you are for your 27T and other motors. The settings should be completely different for the two motors. Try the Hara setting I posted for your modified motors.

If you damaged the shotki diode then you may have damaged the FETs also. If you were only using the schotki diode SINGLE that came with the esc, then you probably damaged the esc. The SINGLE is only good for up to 16T motors. Anything lower will require the DOUBLE or two singles.

Our single shotki diode is rated at 80A and the double is rated at 160A. It would be safe to say that the novak diode is not enough for modified.
-Robert
Old 01-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Had some bad luck with my VFS1 Pro today. Programmed it for stock on my computer, shut it off and plugged it back into the receiver. Went to the track for some practice and the ESC wouldn't turn on. Rewired the motor and battery wires and still nothing. I always run the CAP and Stock Schottky diode and the esc was working great prior to this. Any ideas? I was running with 19 turn before I re programmed for stock...HELP!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

same thing happend to me today.
so i changed out the battery and it worked fine
Old 01-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just got my VFS-1 Pro comp and so far so good. I am chasing a baseline profile for mod touring (on asphalt) using 7-9t motors on a large technical track. I have tried Hara's profile and my comm came back burnt and motor was very hot, but runtime wasn't a problem. I have also tried Masami's profile (mod tourer) and it was better but I was looking for some more rip/punch (inital to mid throttle). I feel that the rip/punch is somewhat "soft" with these two profiles.

However, from my limited understanding of this esc, if I program lower drive freq in the first 16 stages, I will heat up the motor more and possibly burn the comm even more.

How do I not cook the motor whilst increasing punch/rip (inital and mid throttle)?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:11 AM
Tech Initiate

If your running on large tracks at predominantly mid to full throttle I would raise the frequency at those settings, that should help with your comm life a little. Then the next step is to try lowering the frequencies at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle to get a little more punch.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_morrison_
same thing happend to me today.
so i changed out the battery and it worked fine
Tried that too and nothing worked. Looks like it's going in for repair.

KOSTAFF,
How long does it usually take to get an ESC returned once it gets to you? Also, do you contact me via the info on the form for payment information? Just curious.
Thanks
Old 01-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just sent in a speedo to Robert and it came back in about a week. Not too bad. Just put your info on the form or email Robert and he will get back to you. He emailed and called me. Great service...
Old 01-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Tried that too and nothing worked. Looks like it's going in for repair.

KOSTAFF,
How long does it usually take to get an ESC returned once it gets to you? Also, do you contact me via the info on the form for payment information? Just curious.
Thanks
It sounds like you may have damaged the transistor and the esc will not turn on. I will contact you via the information that you provide on the request form. At this moment, repairs are same day - 1 day turn around.
-Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.