Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Initiate

how to setting VSF-1 competition with 23T and Tamiya Sport tune motor?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ferry
how to setting VSF-1 competition with 23T and Tamiya Sport tune motor?
if your running 8 mins.. use a 27T profile..

if its 5 mins.. use a 19T profile..

- Chris
Old 01-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

John- Hmm.. Honestly, never seen this happen so I don't know what the long term effects would be. Does the esc opperate correctly when connected properly?

Joe- Your item was sent back on Monday.

Crui- The factory setting in the Hara version will not be as aggressive as the profile on the website for 19T.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

@ KO STAFF, the speedo seems to be working fine now it is all wired up correctly (havent tried it on trakxc tho) but as you say i do not know what the long term effects will be (am leaning to the idea that there will be none), would it posiible to ask/find out from one of your colleagues any possibvle problems that there may be.(if they know of any)

Thanks for the help and sorry for the inconvinience,
John
Old 01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think my Hara 2.1 blew up.. my friend told me it started smoking .. well does anyone know how long it takes for them to fix it or replace it ? what are the steps in doing that?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
I think my Hara 2.1 blew up.. my friend told me it started smoking .. well does anyone know how long it takes for them to fix it or replace it ? what are the steps in doing that?
Robert from Ko posted a few pages back. i think repairs go out the same day they receive them. PM him or contact him at: [email protected]
Old 01-27-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Guy's

I've just gotten a new Hara 2.1, I also have the setting adapter, which I've had for just over 6 months. My question is, the adaptor seems to have failed, it doesn't transmit or recieve any setting's (It turns on and loads setting's ok)? It started doing this at the end of last year with my original vfs-1 and I just tested it with the 2.1 and same deal, has anyone had any drama's with the adaptor or card? I'm going to try to see if I can borrow a card and adaptor and try to figure out which is stuffed through trial and error.

Also, on the VFS-1, I had thermal shutdown issues with it. I've just installed the 2.1 into my EC, and I have mounted the Cap on the top deck with a couple of thin wires taking it down to the terminal's, not directly on top of the speedo like I had my VFS-1? Does anyone know if that is going to cause any issue's? I just wanted to get teh cap away from the speedy, as it get's warm in use.

Thanks
Iain
Old 01-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Iain
Hey Guy's

I've just gotten a new Hara 2.1, I also have the setting adapter, which I've had for just over 6 months. My question is, the adaptor seems to have failed, it doesn't transmit or recieve any setting's (It turns on and loads setting's ok)? It started doing this at the end of last year with my original vfs-1 and I just tested it with the 2.1 and same deal, has anyone had any drama's with the adaptor or card? I'm going to try to see if I can borrow a card and adaptor and try to figure out which is stuffed through trial and error.

Also, on the VFS-1, I had thermal shutdown issues with it. I've just installed the 2.1 into my EC, and I have mounted the Cap on the top deck with a couple of thin wires taking it down to the terminal's, not directly on top of the speedo like I had my VFS-1? Does anyone know if that is going to cause any issue's? I just wanted to get teh cap away from the speedy, as it get's warm in use.

Thanks
Iain

as long as there arent any chances of the wires crossing and shorting out, your cap should be fine on the top deck. now you can install a heatsink on your 2.1. that should keep things cool. plus the 2.1 already has a higher temp cutoff... so you should be okay.

cant really answer your question about the adapter. i have the original VFS-2000 and one for the VFS-1. both have not failed me yet.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Iain- Are you holding down the button long enough? You should get either an 'OK' or 'NG' when trying to Tx or Rx from the "Tx Rx" screen.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Hebiki,

Yes, I've used heaps heatshrink to make sure there is no way bare wires can touch anything. I plan on getting the heatsink, so, yes hopefully it won't cause me any more problems, how big is it? Is it as large as the top of the esc? Because I've mounted the Diode from the terminal's, it's not right on the esc, but slightly above it. So it may have to overhang a little.

KO Staff,

Yeah, NG comes up on the screen, when I try to send or recieve. I am definately holding the button down, because it can load and save profiles. So I will try to borrow someone's this weekend and try to see if I can figure out which is not working properly.

Thanks
Iain
Old 01-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Iain-

Make sure that you have the esc plugged into the multi setting adapter. Try disconnecting/connecting again. You may be getting a bad connection.

Another thing to make sure is that you have the esc in programming mode. Hold down the button and turn on the switch. Keep holding down the button until the LED goes out and then release the button. The LED will come back on and you are now in programming mode.

-Robert
Old 01-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Robert, do you have to do it that way for the VFS-2000? Because mine seems to load without the esc on as long as it is hooked up to a battery.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scrad
Robert, do you have to do it that way for the VFS-2000? Because mine seems to load without the esc on as long as it is hooked up to a battery.
Scrad-
For the VFS-2000, hold the button down. The LED will come on then go off and then back on for the programming mode. You may want to try this method to make sure that you are changing the setting correctly. Your method should not work.
-Robert
Old 01-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It always seemed to feel different after I change the settings. But I did it your way and the light flashes after it sends, so I'm guessing it is loading.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is the big capacitor really needed for stock and 19 turn?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.