Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57
One question what size sensor wire you use on this Ryan. Nothing i had was long enough! Thanks guys,now lets go whoop on some Teknos!
275mm is the magic # with a 540 sized motor and sensor port facing the back to get the best reach
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
275mm is the magic # with a 540 sized motor and sensor port facing the back to get the best reach
Thanks for the quick response TC.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by xxfile
Chillin with a cold brew... Its the Canadian way...
San Diego.. thats aboot as far from Canada as its possible to get in the USofA.
Still waiting for the truck to make its way thru the drifts with a load of 2.0's on board.
and havin a beer
Cheers
They got hijacked at the border.
If you want them back, send beer.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the quick response TC.
Aint no thang homie...glad to help! Got the laptop sitting next to my build so if i got issues i can go back and look

The pages go so fast i want to say go back a page or 2 and someone posted a pic with the 275 installed but with all the high school girlie antics its pry actually 20 pages back
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

almost finished mine today. Truck feels very lightly sprung but it a good way. Not undersprung but quick and balanced on my build table. Smooth drivetrain as well. Cant wait to drive it
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

tighten it all the way down and back it off about 3/4 to 1 full turn and loctite it so it dont back off...this is what most do
Thanks, when you use loctite do you apply it to the thread first then screw it in?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=TCCustoms;11904686]YA, the the instructions are not helping...they have you slide the chassis in to the front end and screw it all together but before all this they have you attach the body mount to the CF tower and yet you have to go back and remove it to tighten down the front 2 screws on the front top plate...NOT HELPING, lol

Well....Thanks for that info! It will certainly make it easier on me when I get to build mine.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Thanks, when you use loctite do you apply it to the thread first then screw it in?
normally i would apply it to the bolt im screwing in...but with the servo saver i turned it in all the way and backed it off the 3/4 to 1 full turn and remembered where it was located and then backed it off far enough to were i could get a few drops on the threads of the servo saver tube then tightened it back up to where it was
Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

normally i would apply it to the bolt im screwing in...but with the servo saver i turned it in all the way and backed it off the 3/4 to 1 full turn and remembered where it was located and then backed it off far enough to were i could get a few drops on the threads of the servo saver tube then tightened it back up to where it was
I got A-4 done, should the servo assembly have tension or should it move left and right freely??
Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Awesome kit TLR! Everything went smooth.Had a little bit of a time getting the bottom of the shock caps on but it was expected because i did my research before hand.Definately had a blast building it though.One question what size sensor wire you use on this Ryan. Nothing i had was long enough! Thanks guys,now lets go whoop on some Teknos!
Good to hear!! 250mm is what was recommended
Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sounds like a good idea to me Ryan, I pre ordered my truck from revelation raceway on February 20th right here in Ontario California where the video was shot of 2.0 testing on tlr site and he said I'm not getting my truck until next week even though its sitting at the horizon warehouse which is 10 mins from revelation raceway.... everyone else across the states has there's built, lol

At least I'm not the only waiting and drooling on everyone's rides, keep the pics coming.

Originally Posted by hacker07
The SCTE 2.0 was the first surface product in TLR to be shipped on this program. We tested it and it turns out, the track owners could not get the product which is what is best for the consumer. For the immediate future, such as the 8 3.0, TLR will not be part of this program any longer. We are working on something that works for the tracks. We were going to pull the SCTE 2.0 off, but with less than a week, and the fact it had already been communicated and advertised, it was left on the program. I apologize for the confusion, but I was taking all of your feedback and also tracks feedback and putting a case together which helps future TLR products.

Last edited by yz167; 03-07-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just got my hw4000 in last week and that means the hd should be here soon, lol

Anyone else think its funny the rx8 is sold out at most major places....rx8.2 on the way with the pro4hd?

Bmainstar how are you liking your hw4000?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I got A-4 done, should the servo assembly have tension or should it move left and right freely??
Freely

Originally Posted by yz167
Just got my hw4000 in last week and that means the hd should be here soon, lol

Anyone else think its funny the rx8 is sold out at most major places....rx8.2 on the way with the pro4hd?

Bmainstar how are you liking your hw4000?
+1...Coming from the HW4700 to the 4000 so we will see what all the hype is about since everyone says 4000 is more efficient and you can gear them alittle more
Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

How important is it it clean the parts that say to use motor spray in the manual? I do not have any, so is there an alternative I can get from autozone or walmart?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker07
The amount a store spends is only one of the options, the percentage they order from Horizon can also allow them in the program. Most dont join because they choose not to fill out the paperwork or dont want to provide reports. We are trying to find ways to provide the best hobby experience for our customers and this is new so we are figuring it out.
in the nice long chat i had with my LHS owner about the program he said the hobby shop had to do over 100k in sales or do 75% of sales be horizon hobby products. and talking to him he said he needed a Point of sales machine to prove he was doing the 75% and he does not have that. in the conversation he said he barely missed the 100k and with the program going on there is no way in hell he is going to make it to 100k this year he says he has missed out on quite a few sales of diffrent horizon products. he said that he loves the products because of quality and the customer service. but the certified partner thing is getting old. his main thing was just like with this truck he has a few customers come in and ask what is the best truck to get into 4x4sc racing he has been telling them losi. well this new truck coming out he has everyone excited and they can't wait untill it comes out. well guess what they go to the first place they can get it and it wasn't him. he lost out on a few sales because of it. i can see what he is saying, how would you feel if you are talking to someone for a few weeks/months about that particular thing and you can't get it as quick as that other guy they go else where to buy it. and just to make it worse they come to you because the other guys service sucks. i can see his point. and looking at the dealer locator on your site did the hobbytown's get a pass or something? because the ones in my area pretty much suck and they are hcp's and i noticed only like 5 in the whole united states are not a hcp .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.