Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
That is ther grease that we use in this kit instead of black grease, it is a bit better for metal to metal instances and something this vendor can get a hold of.
I missed that completely. I saw the little packet of brownish grease in the bag and was like - WTF is that? Then I just used black grease on the outdrives like I always do. Is that the same stuff that they sell as "diff grease?"

I normally don't even open fluid bags as I have all the supplies I regularly use. Can't tell you how many tubes of black grease and Losi lock I've got laying around
Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
There was some talk earlier in this thread of using a balloon or large shrink tube over the receiver for protection. I really like the shrink over the leads on the RX8 Volcomstned; real clean looking (and the green on the body, what paint/color is that!)! I too use the Deans wet noodle wire, really happy with it.

Casper I wanted to ask a follow up question to your answer about the turnbuckle length in the manual stock setup sheet was wrong and to make sure they are both the same length and adjust as needed. I don't believe the original question was answered though, does the length specified in the manual setup sheet reflect the toe angle in the setup sheet? How about the SCTE 1.0 is it true for that too?

I actually use the losi shock matching tool to measure the turnbuckle length and ensure they are of equal length; but the measurements are from the center of the screws and not the outer edge of the eyelets. If I know that too be true, I'll have an easier way to build the turnbuckles. I understand that I'll may need to perform final toe measurements once the wheels are on, but I wouldn't expect there need to be much adjustment at that point.

Shrink over the Posts Is NOT recommended.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
Does this help?
yea I got it thanks again
Old 03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
Shrink over the Posts Is NOT recommended.
I'm not saying you're wrong about the shrink tube over the post but I wanted to do that as well cause it looks clean and seems like it would protect it in a way, why isn't this recommended?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I'm not saying you're wrong about the shrink tube over the post but I wanted to do that as well cause it looks clean and seems like it would protect it in a way, why isn't this recommended?
Curious about this too?? I have shrink tubing (partially) over the posts on my RS as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker07
I was able to get these off of HCP so the other orders shoudl spool soon.

I always suggest mounting the receiver on the flat side of the servo mount as that is what it is there for. It also makes it so thngs cannot puddle around it. I have run my reciever like this for years and never had an issue. The transponder goes right next to it for one nice neat tidy pacakge.
what do you mean that you were able to get them off of the hcp?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Sweet!, my LHS just called and my truck is in either picking it up today or tomorrow so pics will be up soon
Old 03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by justinco
Curious about this too?? I have shrink tubing (partially) over the posts on my RS as well.
I have read on the Internet and heard from at least 1 person at the track - I have never run an RS or RX8 so don't know personally - but I have heard that the posts on the Tekin act as heat sinks and when you cover them with shrink tube, you are in effect insulating them and preventing best from dissipating.

I took AP physics in high school 20 some odd years ago and remember something about heat transfer. This seems to make sense to me, but...
Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Are folks CA sealing their 2.0 shock towers?

If you are, do you use accelerator?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Are folks CA sealing their 2.0 shock towers?

If you are, do you use accelerator?
It would not hurt but I don't think it is necessary as well. We have bene running out carbon towers without CA for a long time without issues. They are well protected by the body.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Congratulation on the wins at the JBRL it makes waiting for the new 2.0's to arrive at OCRC even more exciting. On the waiting list. www.tlracing.com
Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
It would not hurt but I don't think it is necessary as well. We have bene running out carbon towers without CA for a long time without issues. They are well protected by the body.
Thanks Casper.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
The posts help dissipate heat so covering them just means the heat those can give off has to go somewhere else. I am pretty sure that is the reason.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

It is the reason that has been posted by tekin reps.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I have read on the Internet and heard from at least 1 person at the track - I have never run an RS or RX8 so don't know personally - but I have heard that the posts on the Tekin act as heat sinks and when you cover them with shrink tube, you are in effect insulating them and preventing best from dissipating.

I took AP physics in high school 20 some odd years ago and remember something about heat transfer. This seems to make sense to me, but...
Makes perfect sense, But I've never gotten hot temps running indoors on my 1.0. The fan on the esc and the fan over my motor seem to keep everything running very cool. I've never ran on a large outdoor track so I don't know how it would be affected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.