Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX4

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

i just hope that the mtx-4 will be released next year because i'm not yet done assembling my prospec and i still have to test it
Old 08-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

its going to come!!
Old 08-03-2004, 03:41 PM
afm
Tech Master

If the MTX4 is coming, and as done in the past, in which the MTX3 was a reduced copy of the MRX3, then what we might expect with the new MTX4 are the features of the MRX4

MUGEN MRX4

Low Center of Gravity:

New designed fuel tank for more low center of gravity ( mtx3 has it).
Throttle servo mount which lowers it up till the limit of chassis ( mtx3 has it).

Front Suspension:

New Front lower arm (1.5mm longer).
Adjustable height of front upper arm mount for roll center variation.
New designed front upright (King pin angle "0" degree).
Adjustable wheel base (3mm) in order to move front upper/lower arm forward and backward.

Rear Suspension:

New Rear Lower Arm (7mm longer).
Adjustable height of rear lower arm for the chassis side attachment in three stage ( mtx3 has it).
New designed rear upright (mtx3 prospec has it).

Drive system & brake:

Front universal joint excellent in drive efficiency is equipped as standard ( mtx3 prospec has it both ends).
Light weight 2 speed gear box and spur gear will be attached with one screw (not a performance upgrade).
Teflon brake pad, and Ventilated brake disk is as standard ( mtx3 prospec has it).
Light-weight centrifugal shoe, Super hard clutch spring, and Gray Clutch shoe are standard (mtx3 prospec has it).

Others:

Servo Saver, in which Ackerman can be adjusted by removing two screws (changing pieces the mtx3 has it).
New designed damper case excellent in maintenance (not a performance upgrade).
New designed engine mount which considers the twist of chassis equally right and left.
New floating centering system of rear body mount which brings more stability (not used with touring bodies).
New designed pivot ball excellent in maintenance (not a performance upgrade).

The car has more stability during the corner with new designed suspension compared with MRX-3.

Also, some optional parts for MRX-3 are now as standard parts for MRX-4.

So there we have an overview of some of the changes we might see on the MTX4.
Are they worth waiting, and not get a Prospec right now????
I haven't, I got my Prospec and I must say it is an awesome car, and when the time comes.....will see if the MTX4 is that much better.

AFM
Old 08-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by afm
If the MTX4 is coming, and as done in the past, in which the MTX3 was a reduced copy of the MRX3, then what we might expect with the new MTX4 are the features of the MRX4

MUGEN MRX4

Low Center of Gravity:

New designed fuel tank for more low center of gravity ( mtx3 has it).
Throttle servo mount which lowers it up till the limit of chassis ( mtx3 has it).

Front Suspension:

New Front lower arm (1.5mm longer).
Adjustable height of front upper arm mount for roll center variation.
New designed front upright (King pin angle "0" degree).
Adjustable wheel base (3mm) in order to move front upper/lower arm forward and backward.

Rear Suspension:

New Rear Lower Arm (7mm longer).
Adjustable height of rear lower arm for the chassis side attachment in three stage ( mtx3 has it).
New designed rear upright (mtx3 prospec has it).

Drive system & brake:

Front universal joint excellent in drive efficiency is equipped as standard ( mtx3 prospec has it both ends).
Light weight 2 speed gear box and spur gear will be attached with one screw (not a performance upgrade).
Teflon brake pad, and Ventilated brake disk is as standard ( mtx3 prospec has it).
Light-weight centrifugal shoe, Super hard clutch spring, and Gray Clutch shoe are standard (mtx3 prospec has it).

Others:

Servo Saver, in which Ackerman can be adjusted by removing two screws (changing pieces the mtx3 has it).
New designed damper case excellent in maintenance (not a performance upgrade).
New designed engine mount which considers the twist of chassis equally right and left.
New floating centering system of rear body mount which brings more stability (not used with touring bodies).
New designed pivot ball excellent in maintenance (not a performance upgrade).

The car has more stability during the corner with new designed suspension compared with MRX-3.

Also, some optional parts for MRX-3 are now as standard parts for MRX-4.

So there we have an overview of some of the changes we might see on the MTX4.
Are they worth waiting, and not get a Prospec right now????
I haven't, I got my Prospec and I must say it is an awesome car, and when the time comes.....will see if the MTX4 is that much better.

AFM

I hope MTX4's front 1 way can be locked like the Surpent's front 1 way. I can see Surpent drivers have their advantage of changing the Surpent front 1 way to spool. I also like to see MTX4 came with overdrive driving system as stock kits.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Spool

Challenger, I too wish Kyosho made a spool for my RR Evo. I use similar settings to my sponsored Serpent friends at our track. Eversince I locked my oneway, braking and turning (on throttle) has never been more fun. And it's so easy to keep your line coming in on a hairpin turn after a long straight. Brake late, turn hard ... that'll stuff the one-ways costing in and the diffs who run a little wide. If you have an extra one-way, give this a shot ... here's how I did it ...
Old 08-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Cartman
its going to come!!
the acrobat will be ready !
Old 08-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Spool

Originally posted by kidDynomite
Challenger, I too wish Kyosho made a spool for my RR Evo. I use similar settings to my sponsored Serpent friends at our track. Eversince I locked my oneway, braking and turning (on throttle) has never been more fun. And it's so easy to keep your line coming in on a hairpin turn after a long straight. Brake late, turn hard ... that'll stuff the one-ways costing in and the diffs who run a little wide. If you have an extra one-way, give this a shot ... here's how I did it ...
Thanks for the tips. I surely will give it a try modifying d mugen's 1 way. At the moment, I'm using KAWAHARA option spool for mugen, but its troublesome to change when need to test drive with 1 way in a new track.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

what about ball diffs??
Old 08-04-2004, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

what about ball diffs??
Mark, there's ball diffs for the MTX? Front or rear or both?
Old 08-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

read all the thread. we are talking MTX4 and i am saying will ball diffs be on it?

There was a ball diff from mugen for the mtx2, but it never got released to the public
Old 08-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Spool

Originally posted by kidDynomite
kid, these directions are much better and more clear, so basically this spool thing makes sure the one way has better response?

I see that you are very talented in making mods for cars that don't exist, why don't you go in business doing this, you can make a good profit
Old 08-04-2004, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default GP4

still got it testing at moment. using mugen until i have hobao up to speed then pick best car!!
I already test my GP4 wow the car really good
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX4-dsc06305.jpg  
Old 08-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: GP4

Originally posted by suntok2
how many grams does it weigh?
Old 08-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: GP4

Originally posted by suntok2
the car looks like it has never been driven, also change your airfilter for a better air flow one.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default MTX4 Ball Diffs?

read all the thread. we are talking MTX4 and i am saying will ball diffs be on it?

There was a ball diff from mugen for the mtx2, but it never got released to the public
Cartman! I doubt there will be ball diffs on the new Mugen. I think they (Mugen) are all about competitive cars that are reliable and bulletproof. And from all the sponsored Serpent guys at our track, most wish they had a regular gear diff. Especially for the long mains. It's a lot of maintanance on a ball diff to keep it's settings consistent. But they are lighter and smoother in rotation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.