Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcdudes3475
The servo tray that held the reciever next to it.
That would be the reciever box. Now the Reciever is mounted to a flat on the side of the servo. Again None of my other electric only cars have a box for the reciever. This is a nitro thing (so don't bring up any nitro to electric conversion cars) to protect the reciever from fuel.

Originally Posted by Bigwave
I just want to say thank you to Ryan\Doug and the TLR team for bringing us a truck with great parts right out of the box and keeping it simple for those with the current 1.0 versions to change a few things and update. I really like the decisions made and I think it's been well thought out.

Don't let the odd negative post by some on here get you down boys...some people just can't be positive.

Once again..Great job!
I got the luxury to help test. This is all Ryan and the rest of the TLR/Losi team at the office. I just get to play with the toys!

Originally Posted by myl3s91
does the TLR TINI screw kit work with the new truck?
The titanium kit from the 1.0 will do most of the car but not EVERY screw due to some changes with chasiss parts but it is still useful

Originally Posted by steelers82
yeah but did they make the truck metric hardware,or is it still standard?
It would require a complete remolding of the car to change out the screws. The majority of this truck goes together with a 2mm bit like your other metric cars. It is not easy to just change out all the hardware.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

now to decide if i need it, my original is a killing machine at this point.

@casper- will the new diff cases work with the old truck?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Hey Kuya, it looks like Revelation in Ontario, during a track rebuild.
Thanks Riv.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigwave
I just want to say thank you to Ryan\Doug and the TLR team for bringing us a truck with great parts right out of the box and keeping it simple for those with the current 1.0 versions to change a few things and update. I really like the decisions made and I think it's been well thought out.

Don't let the odd negative post by some on here get you down boys...some people just can't be positive.

Once again..Great job!

+1
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Benny 13
now to decide if i need it, my original is a killing machine at this point.

@casper- will the new diff cases work with the old truck?
Yes the new diff cases will work with the old truck. Part of the reason those were released early.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I made my own of this new truck add my upgrades like kingz head center diff mount carbon fiber topplate harden diff insert mip carbon fiber shock tower mip alum steering servo post. Thanks tlr

Last edited by Kakenballs; 02-06-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

oh & yes i have the uograded shocks bodies & collars.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hope i can still fit this monster on the chassis without a ESC tray!!!

Who's paint job is in the box? I think it should have been Caspers or Ryan's for all the help they have been to the SCTE community!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Hope i can still fit this monster on the chassis without a ESC tray!!!

Who's paint job is in the box? I think it should have been Caspers or Ryan's for all the help they have been to the SCTE community!
Matt Chambers.

It should. The RX8 fits in there easy.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So for people looking to upgrade their scte, Id suggest waiting for a screw kit so you can mount the new features? lol Or rig it yourself. Will there be a screw kit available for the new truck?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME NEWS!!!

This is the truck we have all been waiting for! Ryan did a great job on listening to what the consumer wants. Can't wait to pick one of these up as soon as they are available!
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by myl3s91
So for people looking to upgrade their scte, Id suggest waiting for a screw kit so you can mount the new features? lol Or rig it yourself. Will there be a screw kit available for the new truck?
I know people have had issues with the Losi screws but I have yet to have an issue with them. These are the same screws on the 8ight series.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ryan/ Casper lets see some 2.0 setup sheets.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
If that's the case, why does the new 8ight 3.0 use the new center dogbones to eliminate just this "issue"?

In all my years of running a 3 diff system, I've never seen an instance where running overdrive in the rear, which is what you are describing the bind effect creating, was the hot settup. Overdrive in the front, yes.
The 8ight 3.0 reduces the effect of this on track, but a nitro buggy is also a bit of a different beast. if the moving of the center diff in the SCTE 2.0, they is less angle in the front bone, and will be less bind than there was previously, so this vehicle has gone the same what. Having a little of a tuning characteristic, versus eliminating it completely, it quite a huge difference.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Man it is nice ! Good job my question is why has Losi have not switched to all Metric screws like the 22 series .
To change an existing platform over to metric screws, all of the molds for that vehicle will have to be either modified or redone. The molds for a vehicle carry a very high cost, so it is hard to update parts that don't are not being otherwise updated, especially an entire vehicle's worth.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Man it is nice ! Good job my question is why has Losi have not switched to all Metric screws like the 22 series

My SCTE is pretty much stock but im just going to add the needed upgrades really little by little when needed. Good thing is i can use the manuel of the SCTE 2.0 when putting it back together not to dumb exployed views lol.
I actually did think about this but then realized it would make it very hard for older SCTE 1.0 users as everytime they bought a part, they would have to drill or change screws and thats not so good, lol. So, for now, its still standard.

Originally Posted by MattP
THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME NEWS!!!

This is the truck we have all been waiting for! Ryan did a great job on listening to what the consumer wants. Can't wait to pick one of these up as soon as they are available!
Thanks, its been a long while in the making and took a lot of hard work and testing to get it just right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.