Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 02:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default jp engine

any one know what the red stuff is in the crank and what it does?

have you tried a S3 crank in a MT? and what does the tear drop bit do on the crank webing, talking non turbo!
Old 08-27-2002, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by mobil1rac
*I see you are running the one-way,what type of rear diff oil are you using? The set-up looks like it will hook-up on almost any size track, are you running anything different between a short tight track and a huge track like hampton ohio. Do you have any good suggestions on a good gear selection that might stay up with the tc-3's and serpents. I got blown out of the water at nats due to not enough gears.We tried every combo, but nothing helped.I live in Md and there is a new track coming to town, approx 280 by 150. Same as nats, except looks a little more complex.Just looking for top end(last third of the straight)

Do you have more information on the new track?
Old 08-27-2002, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

The track that I am speaking of will be held at the Dulles Town Cntr. in Virginia. The races will be every other weekend, but running on both sat and sun. Saturday will be a few hours of practice then three rounds of qualifying. Sunday will be practice for 1-2 hrs. then two qualifying and then the mains. They are running all gas classes thru 1/8 scale.The web site is dc-rc.pinoysites.com or you can fing it on the novarossi's web site (front page). He has to limit it to 160 entries until they get a rythm on how things are going. I have been told there are guys coming from all over the east coast to run it. He has been in contact with the local hotels and have gotten great rates for the drivers. Finally a huge track has come to the east.

Check it out!!!The pictures of the layout are on the site. Let me know what you think. Lots of gearing and motor.Just like Ohio.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: jp engine

Originally posted by Cartman
any one know what the red stuff is in the crank and what it does?

have you tried a S3 crank in a MT? and what does the tear drop bit do on the crank webing, talking non turbo!
I believe the red stuff is some kind of ceramic epoxy. It acts as a fuel/air ramp to direct it towards the back of the crank and also to reduce puddling in the crank bore when the air/fuel charge enters the crank port at high velocity. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

As for the tear drop bit, I have'nt seen the S3 crank yet so I could'nt comment on it.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone tell me where I can find Jtek mega .12 motor made by nova mega. Does anyone know anything about the motor.
Or can you tell me where I can find a pistion and button combo that has the dimple in the pistion.Locvated on the top of the pistion. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Check this out!!!!!!!

http://www.mugenracing.com/whatsnew/mtx3page.html
Old 08-28-2002, 05:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking hell yea

that"s what i've been looking for
Old 08-28-2002, 06:14 PM
Regional Moderator

I like the idea of the laydown servo but I don't like the idea of the off-centered fuel tank. IMO the only advantage of a 3-belt driven nitro touring car is to have that fuel tank in the center of the top-deck. Otherwise you can get the same chassis balance out of a NTC3, with the huge advantages of shaft-drive. It really does not look incredibly similar to a MRX-3 either. I will be waiting to see how this baby does on the track though.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

It looks very close to an MRX-3. Look at the rear, all the same adjustments are there. Notice the two speed is the MRX-3's just a smaller scale, no more of that dinky lever shifter thing.

Though it may look different all the engineering ideas are there. Very cool car!

Get back to work Rich and save a life.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default avatar

hey, how can i get one of those cool moving avatars?
Old 08-29-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by mobil1rac
The track that I am speaking of will be held at the Dulles Town Cntr. in Virginia. The races will be every other weekend, but running on both sat and sun. Saturday will be a few hours of practice then three rounds of qualifying. Sunday will be practice for 1-2 hrs. then two qualifying and then the mains. They are running all gas classes thru 1/8 scale.The web site is dc-rc.pinoysites.com or you can fing it on the novarossi's web site (front page). He has to limit it to 160 entries until they get a rythm on how things are going. I have been told there are guys coming from all over the east coast to run it. He has been in contact with the local hotels and have gotten great rates for the drivers. Finally a huge track has come to the east.

Check it out!!!The pictures of the layout are on the site. Let me know what you think. Lots of gearing and motor.Just like Ohio.
Looks like alot of fun. I've never run on a track that size. It's only two hours from Delaware, looks like a road trip.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

hey racer rich the tank is in the centre of the chassis. it just looks to the side because the upper deck doesnt go as far across on the pipe side. how long do you guys think it will take for these cars to get to the hobby shops. i wish they could have included a floating body mount though, maybe an upgrade.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

No, the tank is not in the middle:
Old 08-29-2002, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tekrsq
Check this out!!!!!!!

http://www.mugenracing.com/whatsnew/mtx3page.html
some observation on the new car according to the computer graphic:-

- almost identical front end except front bulk head.
- use MTX2 arms (6 pcs) and knuckles
- newly design shocks (those shocks have been available at our shops here)
- longer lever point rear sway bar. different thickness sway bar would be available?
- rear shock tower has been seperated from body tower. I think the rear floating mount could be available as an option or under a seperate kit version?
- steering servo has laid down and receiver pack recessed into the main chassis. however the design of fuel tank is in doubt to keep the car in low CG when it is full?
- looks like the upper deck would be woven graphite one as the MRX-3?
- ???

anyway, this is one sweet car!
Old 08-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

None of the arms are carried over from the mtx-2. Look closely at the pics and you'll see the differences. They don't appear interchangeable from left to right either. The knuckles appear the same however.

I guess its time to sell my mtx-2. But this new car looks sick. Glad I don't have to get a ntc3 next season anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.