Wiki Posts
Search

MTX3 vs 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MTX3 vs 710

I know this question has been asked before, but what do you guys that have tried both see as the best points and worst points of each of the cars, and why do you feel one is better? I am thinking of trying the 710 because it seems to have a more planted rear end than the mugen, and it definitely rolls more freely.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: MTX3 vs 710

Originally posted by Grinder
I know this question has been asked before, but what do you guys that have tried both see as the best points and worst points of each of the cars, and why do you feel one is better? I am thinking of trying the 710 because it seems to have a more planted rear end than the mugen, and it definitely rolls more freely.
It is true the rear is more planted on the 710. It is true it rolls very freely. For me the 710 was alittle quicker than the MTX3. The options like adjustability, solid axle coversion, adjustable rear diff, easy to get to diffs, etc...etc.. make the car that much nicer. On the other side I find it lacks in steering. The 710 is not as tough as the MTX3 and cannot be made to take the abuse a MTX3 can. There are ways to toughen it up and make it less prone to breaking but not to the level of a MTX3. You can be the best driver in the world and it only takes one hacker to hit you and next thing you know your pivotballs are pulled out and you have a broken shock shaft. You are only as clean as the guy next to you will allow you to be. The 710 might have a slight advantage in my eyes as far as which car is faster on the track, but any thought of that is replaced very quickly when I wreck or get hacked. 30 minutes becomes a lifetime when you are driving defensively as to prevent a wreck.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: MTX3 vs 710

Originally posted by kreidel
It is true the rear is more planted on the 710. It is true it rolls very freely. For me the 710 was alittle quicker than the MTX3. The options like adjustability, solid axle coversion, adjustable rear diff, easy to get to diffs, etc...etc.. make the car that much nicer. On the other side I find it lacks in steering. The 710 is not as tough as the MTX3 and cannot be made to take the abuse a MTX3 can. There are ways to toughen it up and make it less prone to breaking but not to the level of a MTX3. You can be the best driver in the world and it only takes one hacker to hit you and next thing you know your pivotballs are pulled out and you have a broken shock shaft. You are only as clean as the guy next to you will allow you to be. The 710 might have a slight advantage in my eyes as far as which car is faster on the track, but any thought of that is replaced very quickly when I wreck or get hacked. 30 minutes becomes a lifetime when you are driving defensively as to prevent a wreck.
rolls very freely,you should try the Kyosho FW-05R , i replaced my 710 with the kyosho and this car rolls so much better than the 710!! Just need a better and faster motor than the OS.TR(hint,hint Grinder)
Old 06-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Cars will roll freely when they have an almost 1:1 internal ratio. The more internal front drive you have, the more drivetrain drag you have. The MTX3 has that drag feeling when the 16/19 belt conversion is being used, but when the stock setup is being used, it's pretty free. The 16/19 setup feels almost like a soft drag brake to me. I use it to drive on power deeper before a turn. I've only driven the 710 once for about 20 minutes and found the lack or steering intollerable for me. But being able to access the diff so easily makes the 710 pretty sweet. My times were definitely faster with the Mugen. Just my two cents.

If anyone's interested in understanding internal ratios better, go to www.sgrid.com and find the Art Carbonell Forum (Former World Champ and current Serpent USA Team Driver/Setup Guru) and he's got a great write up on drive ratios and how they affect your car. Really made me understand it better
Old 06-29-2004, 01:13 PM
FTSPEEDWAY

ok an honest opinion...
The mtx as you know is an awesome car, the faults i see alot around here are the front knuckles and the 2 speed.

On the 710, the steering can be easily fixed (any of you who saw pablo run at the reg 4 champs can vouch for that) i ran his setup and the car was dialed, very little push at all on low speed none on power.

Old 06-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Wink

Go with the MTX-3 or 4
Old 06-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Go with the MTX-3 or 4
or 5 opps (notyet)
Old 06-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

the faults i see alot around here are the front knuckles and the 2 speed.
Yeah those front knuckles are hit and miss. I broke one this weekend 5 minutes before my A-main on Sunday. Thank god the director gave me a grace period to get it fixed. But what 2 speed issues have you seen? Just curious so i know what to expect. I assume you're FTSPEEDWAY meaning Full THrottle right?
Old 06-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

I am new to onroad.

Me and a couple of mates have been out doing laps.

I haven't broken any parts yet. Mtx-3

My freinds and there 710's need to carry a trailer.

Very durable..

MTX-3 Gets my vote..
Old 06-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is like the Chevy/Ford, Honda/Toyota argument. It really depends one what you prefer. Many have success with the 710 while others have success with the MTX-3. You can go on and on for days on end and will never resolve this issue. Each car has its strong and weak points. What it boils down to (which a few have pointed out) is parts availability. That is one of the main reasons why Kyosho and Trinity are not bigger players in many areas. Just my $0.02.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:13 AM
FTSPEEDWAY

Originally posted by gonzoY5
Yeah those front knuckles are hit and miss. I broke one this weekend 5 minutes before my A-main on Sunday. Thank god the director gave me a grace period to get it fixed. But what 2 speed issues have you seen? Just curious so i know what to expect. I assume you're FTSPEEDWAY meaning Full THrottle right?
Yup full throttle speedway. It seems like on the mugen the 2 speed will lock in second gear, sometimes it frees uo after a lap or two and sometimes it stays like that until you open it up.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah that makes sense, If you tighten the center screws too much, the cam will over rotate and i can see it getting stuck. Not a difficult thing to fix though.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:14 AM
FTSPEEDWAY

Originally posted by gonzoY5
Yeah that makes sense, If you tighten the center screws too much, the cam will over rotate and i can see it getting stuck. Not a difficult thing to fix though.
im not really sure why as i run the 710, this is just what i see and hear at the track

Old 06-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by JLock
This is like the Chevy/Ford, Honda/Toyota argument. It really depends one what you prefer. Many have success with the 710 while others have success with the MTX-3. You can go on and on for days on end and will never resolve this issue. Each car has its strong and weak points. What it boils down to (which a few have pointed out) is parts availability. That is one of the main reasons why Kyosho and Trinity are not bigger players in many areas. Just my $0.02.
I agree with you, Kyosho is selling hell expansive in US, not to mention those cars from trinity.
Kyosho shouldn't let GP exclusive their product, GP has no part in any good car. I was planning to get a RRR but I saw GP htock no part for Kyosho's top car . now I stop thinking about it
Trinity fail to have their part available yet mark up the price too much, I have a G4 and plan to sell it after repair, i have a lot of upgrade and spend hell on it , but part support and the price is just MONSETR
Old 06-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You can't go wrong with both 710 or MTX-3, just choose which one you can get part easier.
If you have good part supply on both like me, just flip a coin, let God deside for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.