Like Tree40Likes

SWORKZ S14-3 4WD buggy is here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2022, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foosoomin
hi all,

Noticed this buggy rear ride height is very high...

also, when run the buggy on a bench, tires not rotating on the ground, the universal shaft will tend to crank, rub against the arm

anyway the remedy this ?
it sounds like you have your set up too high, and the shafts are rubbing. This is nothing specific to this car alone as many buggies will suffer the same issue if set up too high. Move your lower shock mount positions further out and move the upper positions further in.

You want your arms to sit just a tad past level and then adjust your shocks by increasing the viscosity of oil so that it’s just plush enough but doesn’t bottom out easily. Maybe swap springs for slightly stiffer ones.

One last thing to check is the orientation of the arms… Make sure the drive shaft dip faces up.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi All

Have been having really good success so far with the S14-3 on low traction dirt tracks.
I have posted a detailed setup sheet on the Facebook page - Sworkz RC Australia.

Also some great recent successes with Joe Bornhorst making the A final at the recent JCons race in America, and Micha with a solid 3rd place in 4WD Modified at EOS.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the incubus
it sounds like you have your set up too high, and the shafts are rubbing. This is nothing specific to this car alone as many buggies will suffer the same issue if set up too high. Move your lower shock mount positions further out and move the upper positions further in.

You want your arms to sit just a tad past level and then adjust your shocks by increasing the viscosity of oil so that it’s just plush enough but doesn’t bottom out easily. Maybe swap springs for slightly stiffer ones.

One last thing to check is the orientation of the arms… Make sure the drive shaft dip faces up.

Hi, i did not set up the ride height too high.....it is by default...i followed the installation manual.

What is drive shaft dip face up ?
Old 10-10-2022, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Hi, i did not set up the ride height too high.....it is by default...i followed the installation manual.

Kit measurements of all cars are generally just a starting guide.
You most likely need to slightly change the camber link lengths, and spring collar heights to suit your specific setup needs/track surfaces/ tire diameter etc.

Take some pics of the car, and details of suspension, and might be able to diagnose any potential problems.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Suspension arms that have drive shafts running across them have a top side and a bottom side. The top side will have a recess that dips down so they don’t touch/bind as the suspension depresses. The bottom will be flat. If you have them on upside down, chances are the suspension will have limited travel until it touches the shaft and that’s it.

That said, not all cars will have this issue and some modern cars will allow you to mount the arms universally.

https://assets.liveracemedia.com/med...-1200x1200.jpg

Your rear end should look like this in terms of alignment and clearances for all the components. Also, are you sure your suspension hangers are installed correctly?
Old 10-10-2022, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Post deleted

Last edited by foosoomin; 10-11-2022 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone faces this issue ?

If yes, how do you solve it ?

Old 10-12-2022, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
No because no one other than Sworks uses those universal style axles. I looked at the 14-3 a few times and was tempted to get one but those and the trash rear hubs killed it for me. Decent car over all and Spencer Heckert is semi local to me and Ive seen him at a few races. But the car needs some revisions and it'll be much better.

Alexv2024 ,

Hi, i saw your reply on B74.2 thread, about Sworkz S14-3 buggy issue

May i enquire,

1) Which buggy rear hub, cvd shaft etc etc etc can i replace with ?

2) what other area need to revise ?

Appreciate your kindness reply
Old 10-12-2022, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

OK, i can see the problem, when running the inner hole on the arm, and a standard shock stroke, there is a lot of droop.
At full extension, the universal makes contact with the bracing on the arm, use a dremel or a sharp knife to just scallop away the edge of the arm bracing.

Or you can shorten the shock stroke a few mm.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Besercoe ,

1) I now using HPI D418 buggy rear shock on this buggy rear........The HPI D418 shock absorber is slightly shorter than the Sworkz one

2) However though, the buggy still vibrate aggressively, shaft still produce a lot of rubbing sound

3) It seems this buggy has design flaw......it has to use the rear hub with a large 10x15x4 ball bearing & a normal size ball bearing, with CVT shaft.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Besercoe ,

Tonight i will film another video, this time round is film with slightly shorter HPI D418 rear shock absorber.

I still think the rear hub needs to use the large 10x15x4 ball bearing & a normal size ball bearing, with CVT shaft
Old 10-12-2022, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

The standard universals are fine, and are actually an option on some other 10th scale brands like Schumacher to provide more grip.
They are also an option on some brands 8th scale buggies, again to provide more grip.
The downside is that they can not be rebuilt like CVD's.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Hi all,

How do we setup the slipper clutch clutch ?

​​​​​​My buggy faces loud drivetrain during buggy run
Old 10-14-2022, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

This buggy instead, ran much more quiet

Old 10-17-2022, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hi all,

How do I setup the slipper clutch ?

AFter turning tight the slipper, how many turn do I need to turn anti-clpckwise ?

Can anyone enlighten ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.