Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone know where i can get a FW05RR Conversion Kit?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hoggy
Anyone know where i can get a FW05RR Conversion Kit?
There used to be one at rc-mushroom, rc-union.com and rcmodel but when i clicked them in google it says the product no longer exists.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Hey Carl long time no see. Are you back in LA? The best pipe for the FW is the Skyline VR12S. I tried just about all of them and this one works best.
Jeff:
Good to hear from you. I'm in Park City Utah but went back to Southern California a couple times this summer. Stayed at Toso's house. Also did the vegas race. Just got this car for nitro and am anxious to run it, just a little uneducated when it comes to nitro and this car.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

BTW, where can I find that pipe?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey guys i've been racing electric for about a year now and i'm really intereseted in getting into nitro and the fw-05 appeals more to me than the vone.

Is there any main differences? like price/performance? better for value?

and i dont mind spending that little extra to get a good one, which would u guys recommend?

One more thing, if i get one and its stock, what kind of hop-ups and spare's should i look into? like the ones that will do you good, not just bling.

Thanks, Ray

Last edited by rays_tt; 10-25-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rays_tt
hey guys i've been racing electric for about a year now and i'm really intereseted in getting into nitro and the fw-05 appeals more to me than the vone.

Is there any main differences? like price/performance? better for value?

and i dont mind spending that little extra to get a good one, which would u guys recommend?

One more thing, if i get one and its stock, what kind of hop-ups and spare's should i look into? like the ones that will do you good, not just bling.

Thanks, Ray
Drive them both to see which one you like. That's the best advice I can give you.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by edseb
BTW, where can I find that pipe?
Hey Carl, good to hear you are well. say hello to toso for me. you can get the skyline pipe from the skyline web site:

http://www.skylinercracing.com/

PM me if you are going to be in LA. I've ran that fw05 before so let me know if i can help.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys , just a simple question. Is the Centax clutch on the V1RRR and FW-05R/RR the same ?

The parts numbers are not but I would think they would be the same ? VS035 for the FW and VZ235 for the RRR. Perhaps it has a different clutch spring or pinions ?

I believe they are both 0.8m so flywheel and clutch bell sizes , well all parts should be the same yes ?

Also how many types of Kyosho centax clutch are there ? So far I believe there are 3 , the 1.0m used on the early V-One series , the current 0.8m and the 4 shoe used on the fantom. Is this correct ?

Thanks !
Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCSavant
Hi guys , just a simple question. Is the Centax clutch on the V1RRR and FW-05R/RR the same ?

The parts numbers are not but I would think they would be the same ? VS035 for the FW and VZ235 for the RRR. Perhaps it has a different clutch spring or pinions ?

I believe they are both 0.8m so flywheel and clutch bell sizes , well all parts should be the same yes ?

Also how many types of Kyosho centax clutch are there ? So far I believe there are 3 , the 1.0m used on the early V-One series , the current 0.8m and the 4 shoe used on the fantom. Is this correct ?

Thanks !
RRR runs smaller gears and has a longer clutch spring
Old 10-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Nimo.

Can you just clarify , smaller gears and a longer clutch spring. Meaning the pitch and all the other parts are the same ? Ie , exactly the same clutch bell housing , flywheel diameter .. etc , but the difference is a smaller pinion and a longer clutch spring ?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

different clutch bell too, other parts are interchangable with the FW05 3D clutch if not the same parts.

RRR has 15/16/17t 1st gears pinions and 20/21/22/23t 2nd gear pinions, those same 20/21/22/23t gears are also the 1st gear pinions on the FW05 and RR/Evo which then run the 25/26/27/28t as 2nd gear pinions.
The Spur gears for the RRR also fits the RR & Evo.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

do 05RR hex hubs break easily? are there any hop-ups for this? Brands? Part numbers? I saw some on the net but they're not for kyosho. Are these hubs universal in size for Nitro touring cars?
Old 11-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

need help guys, im thinking of changing the upper front suspension of my 05R to 05RR coz they say its got better steering than the one used by the 05R, can somebody help what conversion kit to get, if there is a website or an online hobby shop, it would be great...thanks...

K6
Old 11-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Link to the conversion Kit on Kyosho's site.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...version-e.html

And the instruction Manual.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download...5_index-e.html

Not sure about the availibility of the conversion kit now , you might be able to find one , but those two links list all the items you need. You can even get hopped up or other versions if you can't find the kit. Ie universals or a upper deck from some other company. The cost is mainly in the upper deck , all the other parts are relatively cheap to obtain.

As for the hex hubs , their pretty durable and cheap to replace anyway. But kyosho do make an aluminium version. The stock plastic ones obviously don't last as long , but it's not a big problem , if thats what your asking. Hex size is pretty much universal , but mounting them might not be. Always best to check first.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k617nu-b
need help guys, im thinking of changing the upper front suspension of my 05R to 05RR coz they say its got better steering than the one used by the 05R, can somebody help what conversion kit to get, if there is a website or an online hobby shop, it would be great...thanks...

K6
Check the manual at the link above for the parts as you may not find the kit anymore.
(I do have one but is cost me more to import it to the UK and I would have to pass that cost on)
3racing do most of the parts in their range if you cant find the Kyosho parts.
The conversion is worth it but even fitting just the RRR front hubs makes a huge difference to the steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.