Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

are there many parts/ hop ups for these? any site links you can give me to look at
thanks.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by sonicboom141
are there many parts/ hop ups for these? any site links you can give me to look at
thanks.
These what?
Old 11-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

for the xxx-s
Old 11-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The XXX-S Graphite Plus car is pretty good without any hop-ups; other than the upgrade to the Black Belt kit conversion setup.

Otherwise, possibly look at www.teamtrinity.com to see the Matt Francis XXX-S hop-ups for some bling-bling.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rubbing with foam tires

What are some things I can do to fix the problem with the inside of the front tire rubbing the shocks when fully turned? Do most people trim the tires?
Old 12-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default wheels rubbing shocks

The easiest way to stop 28mm foams fom rubbing the shocks is to replace the losi wheel hexes with associated wheel hexes. The associated hexes are thicker and will space the wheel further out and prevent them from rubbing. Also you may want to turn down the dual-rate for steering on your transmitter. The car will handle better and be faster thru the turns if the front wheels are not turned to full lock. Setting the dual rate to about 50-60 percent seems about right. When the full amount of steering is available many drivers seem to use full lock steering to slow their cars down before the turn. The result is worn out tires and slow laps. If you find that you dont have enough steering with the dual rate turned down look for more steering elsewhere in your setup.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Rubbing with foam tires

Originally posted by slow
What are some things I can do to fix the problem with the inside of the front tire rubbing the shocks when fully turned? Do most people trim the tires?

You can widen the width of the car, as mentioned above, with different hexes or even by creating simple hex-shaped shims out of lexan. (Use those lexan shims in between the standard hex and the wheel to obtain the desired width). You can also replace the shock eyelets with ball ends and ball studs on the arms which will give you more clearance. You can also glue a small washer to the inside of your steering spindle to act as a travel stop.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for answers.

If you use the Losi ball ends how do you get the shock spring cup over the ball end? Or do you use some other type of ball end?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Slow. What I did is limited my steering in my radio, and that stopped the wheels from hitting the springs. I am sure that there is a better way, but I have not heard of any. I was wondering the same thing as you.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

You can also glue a small washer on to the steering knuckle to act as a stop to keep the wheels from turning too far. Even with ae hexes and limiting the servo during a hard turn the force could overpower the servo and put the tire into the spring. Just ca glue a losi .030 washer onto the knuckle where it hits the block at full wheel lock.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shocks

I know this is an old subject but I didn't see the answer I have for why you get/need air in the losi shocks. the reason is because as the shock compresses the shaft enters the chamber and needs to displace an amount of fluid equivelant to the volume shaft entering. Without air to compress you will hydrolock the shaft like a nitro engine full of fuel. What i do is set the shock for a negative rebound. Fill the shock w/ oil and begin screwing the seal cartridge shut. Just before it seals push the shock shaft as far in as it will go, this will displace any extra oil. If it doesn't then you didn't put enough in. Tighten you seal and then pull on the shock shaft, it should suck back into the shock. Put your springs on, mount the shock and all the rest, By the time you run a couple of laps in practice the action of the shock will allow some air to seep by the seal and you will have balanced shocks.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello all. I was wondering when the new xxx-s RTR 2 will become instock at some places. Hoping to get one for the holiday. But don't know when it comes out.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

anyone know if there is an aftermarket shock tower for the xxx-s that has a LOWER set of shock holes + the regular shock holes in them. just seems like it would be easier to get more shock travel and droop out of your car rather than going thru all the trouble in making your shocks longer for those small dia foams I like to run. I like to run the foam down to the rim! and Im running out of thread on the shock shaft.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default towers

Originally posted by rcman6
anyone know if there is an aftermarket shock tower for the xxx-s that has a LOWER set of shock holes + the regular shock holes in them. just seems like it would be easier to get more shock travel and droop out of your car rather than going thru all the trouble in making your shocks longer for those small dia foams I like to run. I like to run the foam down to the rim! and Im running out of thread on the shock shaft.

Thanks
the old prp towers from speedtech. the new ones are taller for the tamiya shocks
Old 12-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Also if you are running threaded shock bodies, you can flip the shock collar over and you will able to thread it down further.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.