Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Reedy BlackBox 1s 2s ESC

Impressive features

Blackbox 410R 1S-2S Competition ESC w/PROgrammer
Part #27001

The long-anticipated and highly developed Reedy Blackbox 410R ESC is now available to racers worldwide. Extensive track testing by Reedy’s engineers and racing team has resulted in a high performance, high quality, and reliable ESC suitable for all levels of competition. A focus on excellent throttle and brake feel, precision adjustability, and robust hardware make the Blackbox 410R suitable for a wide range of racing applications.

Features
• CNC-machined black aluminum case with integrated heat sink
• Fully adjustable brake, throttle, power, and safety functions
• Eight pre-programmed, customizable* profiles
• Blinky mode with ROAR-approved software
• Precision throttle and brake control
• Speed sensitive drag brake function
• Ultra-low resistance FET board
• 12-gauge power wires
• Heavy-duty external capacitor board
• Built-in voltage booster for 1S applications
• RPM data logging*
• Firmware updateable*
*Requires Blackbox PROgrammer #27020

Specifications, Blackbox 410R

Voltage input 3.7 - 7.4 / 1-2 LiPo
On resistance (ohms) 0.00035 x2
Continuous current (A) 150
Dimensions (mm) 40.8 x 33.0 x 19.0
Weight w/o wires (g) 49
Motor limit (2-pole/4-pole) 3.5 / 4800kV
SBEC 5.5 - 7.0V/5A
Cooling fan optional

With the Blackbox PROgrammer, the full potential of the ESC can be exploited. In addition to working as a programming device to fine-tune the eight pre-installed profiles, the PROgrammer operates as a data logger, battery monitor, and USB firmware update device.

Brake
Brake strength, frequency, curve, and drag brake can be fine tuned to change brake performance and feel in different vehicles and track conditions. The Speed Sensitive Drag Brake function allows for different drag brake settings and high and low speeds.

Throttle
Frequency, punch, curve, and dead band make the perfect setup possible regardless of the type of motor chosen and the type of vehicle being raced.

Motor Power
Advanced acceleration boost and top speed timing settings are particularly useful on large tracks in applications such as 1/12 and 1/10 Touring Car and stock classes where ESC timing is permitted. Each setting can be used individually or together to achieve maximum speed. If you choose to leave these settings disabled, the ESC will be operating as if it is in blinky mode.

Miscellaneous Control
Select between open, blinky, and practice modes depending upon the class being raced. Adjust the SBEC voltage to change servo speeds. Forward and reverse power can also be changed.

Protection
Select the desired low voltage cutoff or disable it completely. The temperature at which the ESC cuts motor power due to overheating can also be adjusted.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

great looking esc. I feel like it may be a loose spin off of the hobbywing stuff, although thats not a bad thing . other than that the size does concern me for 1/12 stuff. On another note I have seen the ae off road folks running these for a while without issues. any idea on the price point?
Old 10-08-2014, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

definitely looks Hobbywing(ish)

more like the Orion R10.1 with the wires to the rear as opposed to side on.

7.0V/5A BEC is nice!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

The Programmer looks very "Viperish.."
Old 10-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

This looks really promising. I like that you can use if for 1S and 2S racing. I wish manufactures would go away for programming boxes all together. I wish they would lean more towards IOS and Android interfaces. That way you don't need to have a laptop at all. The program boxes usually need firmware upgrades so you are not eliminating the need of the laptop just reducing the time I have to use it.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Looks similar to the SMC esc...

And Rick said before it was not made by hobbywing...
Old 10-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Talking

230 with programmer. need to sell of my rental properties just to fund my rc habit
Old 10-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

definitely on my to-do list..
Old 10-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure someone from Reedy already revealed earlier in another thread(unofficially?) that the ESC is OEM by Viper but it is the software that is exclusively Reedy which is the only basic difference between any and all speed controls of similar spec.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:38 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wanted to let everyone know we have finally been given ROAR zero timing approval.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

why does it not come with a fan?
Old 02-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Cause if it is viper internals it wint need one.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by patorz31
Cause if it is viper internals it wint need one.
sorry to say but it does...friend got his last weekend for our Nats and kept over heating in Mod and shutting down and once he hooked a fan up to it(not the factory fan as not available) the overheating issue went away.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:43 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
sorry to say but it does...friend got his last weekend for our Nats and kept over heating in Mod and shutting down and once he hooked a fan up to it(not the factory fan as not available) the overheating issue went away.
Mod TC is the one class that might need a fan.
We can also provide an updated firmware that has the ESC temp adjusted we think the original firmware is too sensitive to temperature, meaning it turns off the speed control at too low a temp.

We are trying to get the website working to provide these items but we are having issues with the webmaster.

Please contact us by email and we can try to get you sorted.
[email protected]
Old 02-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Mod TC is the one class that might need a fan.
We can also provide an updated firmware that has the ESC temp adjusted we think the original firmware is too sensitive to temperature, meaning it turns off the speed control at too low a temp.

We are trying to get the website working to provide these items but we are having issues with the webmaster.

Please contact us by email and we can try to get you sorted.
[email protected]
Thanks Sean..will pass that on...I know the guy got prity frustrated with it as tryed to reset the temp cutoff but couldnt.
also he ended up breaking the sensor lead as it needs to come off everytime you make changes which eventually caused the small little wires to break..maybe something to look at as others go thru the wire from the speedi.
also the sensor wire is female/female? or female/male so not compatible with other motors..something like that he mentioned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.