Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

hey come on more pictures please
Old 07-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

i had a very big crash on sunday Today i had time to look at my car the front bumper is damge the lower wish bone has a crack . my pipe is damage
Old 07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gervais
hey come on more pictures please
Ok, here's a picture of one of my mechanics...

(it has its own sleeping basket and lots of toys but apparently my toolbox is way more interesting...)
Old 07-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by madbeats
i had a very big crash on sunday Today i had time to look at my car the front bumper is damge the lower wish bone has a crack . my pipe is damage
It's just parts... easy to replace and it will be as good as new

(and you haven't been in a big crash until you actually bent a crankshaft as I did )
Old 07-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Qlone
Ok, here's a picture of one of my mechanics...

(it has its own sleeping basket and lots of toys but apparently my toolbox is way more interesting...)
Must be nice to have a mechanic with cat-like reflexes, huh?
Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

what a mechanic. i have me myself and i.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default stock gearing

This 720 rocks. It does everything better than the 710...ie corner speed is awsome as well as the punch coming out of the corner. Good job SERPENT
Old 07-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default WHO'S GOING TO GREAT LAKES CHALLENGE

guys' im going to greatlakes challenge any advice especially on gearings and set-up
Thanks a lot'
Old 07-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcpanama
You could do that if they are NiMH, but even though they do not create memory as the NiCad, they do in some way, also if you don't recycle them (discharge & charge), they in time will decrease in capacity.
My experience is different.

I deal with a battery pro who only does batteries and nothing else. Sells 'em, packs 'em, even contracts a factory in China to make 'em. The guy tells me over and over, don't cycle the NiMH batteries. These batteries are made not to be cycled and do not have a memory effect. Cycling is not required. It doesn't damage cells but a quality cell is only good for 500 charge iterations before the cells starts to die. Cheaper cells won't last 500. The best advice on NiMH batteries is that they are very sensitive to heat so over charging them has the potential to shorten their life as well. I typically charge my Sanyo AAA 1000mAh packs at .8A to 1.0A. If I have the time, .6A

The other factor to keep in mind is that all battery chargers are not equal. Some are a lot better than others. I've seen 'dead' battery go to 'live' battery just by adjusting a charger's settings or using a different charger. Lower priced chargers tend to cut out during a false peak and have no way to get around this problem. Typically chargers measure the output voltage of a cell during charging and once the cell reaches the typical 1.2v, charging will stop. A false peak is when the cell puts out 1.2v but is not fully charged. Some chargers can be told to ignore the false peak and keep charging.

If you notice your batteries are consistenly undercharged, your charger may also be part of the problem.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maxx
Do you guys discharge your receiver packs before you recharge them or you just throw it on the charger after you take it off the car?

Hey Acid what is that you use over the fuel tank? I guess its there to keep fuel from splashing all over the car during refueling right?
Hey Maxx

The bateries, well I discharge first - suppose to help with keeping the charge for a long while. I use digital servo for accel/brake and hi-torqe analogue for turning.

The stuff over the fuel tank is a piece of high absorbption cloth, nothing special. Go to convenient store and you should find it in the cleaning agents section, not expensive at all. By now you would have read about all the problems guys have with electrics - so, I figure why not protect against fuel spills during pit stops Only down side, it costs you in weight, prob around 10 grams.

Acid
Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default personal transponder location???

"where are you all mounting your personal transponder???"

have any of you tried to see if the "new" 960 steering servo mount "fits" in the 720 ???

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=4273
Old 07-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ghoppa
"where are you all mounting your personal transponder???"

have any of you tried to see if the "new" 960 steering servo mount "fits" in the 720 ???

I have it on the place it was designed to sit. On the front downstop plate.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ghoppa
It fits on the 710 like this.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=156087
Old 07-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default More Info

Originally Posted by Julius
I have it on the place it was designed to sit. On the front downstop plate.

Julius, which is the down stop plate - the new nose?

Please see pic....

Thanks

Acid
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 720-serpent-nose.gif  
Old 07-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default Info

Hi Guys

Does anyone know how many teeth the standard rear gear diff for 720 has? The one that comes with the kit.

Thanks

Acid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.