Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Luke W
Wow I charge mine about every 2 qualifiers, just to be sure...
I agree with you. Plus, it depends on the track (lots of heavy braking/steering or not), depends on the type or servos (like Qlone says) and also your driving style (Kenji Osaka probably needs 2000 mAh batteries to survive a 30 mins final!)
Old 07-26-2006, 04:23 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
(Kenji Osaka probably needs 2000 mAh batteries to survive a 30 mins final!)
Is that the "throttle blipping" guy?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I agree with you. Plus, it depends on the track (lots of heavy braking/steering or not), depends on the type or servos (like Qlone says) and also your driving style (Kenji Osaka probably needs 2000 mAh batteries to survive a 30 mins final!)
I used the VXR Li Po 1,000 with the 5A Voltage Regulator, it is lighter including Voltage Regulator, it last the hold day, it will never gets memory, my two digital servos work as never before, you will never get any glitching, and you could field that the card has a more consistent handling due to the more consistence energy.

In my 710 I am using the 750 and it last the hold in the 720 I will used the 1,000.

The only draw back is that care must be taken when charging and using Li Po packs and you can’t allow going below 6v.

RCPANAMA
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 720-dsc01238.jpg  
Old 07-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

I have to invest is new batteries for my 720 i experinced very bad glitching at the midwest series in chicago all weekend and it didn't allow me to finish the main
Old 07-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dan D
I have to invest is new batteries for my 720 i experinced very bad glitching at the midwest series in chicago all weekend and it didn't allow me to finish the main
I have had some issues with the packs connections coming loose or making intermittent contact.
I now resolder the packs using long wires connecting the cells. That way when the cells vibrate or move during a crash the wires can move too.

Haven't had any problems since (knock wood!)

Especially the top mounted cell and the two directly underneeth tend to break their connection.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Julius
I have had some issues with the packs connections coming loose or making intermittent contact.
I now resolder the packs using long wires connecting the cells. That way when the cells vibrate or move during a crash the wires can move too.

Haven't had any problems since (knock wood!)

Especially the top mounted cell and the two directly underneeth tend to break their connection.
I had the same problem before I used the Li Po, I used to make my own packs and I had one of the batteries came loose and that was the end of my race.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
Is that the "throttle blipping" guy?
Well, yes, I would say super-blipping.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcpanama
I used the VXR Li Po 1,000 with the 5A Voltage Regulator, it is lighter including Voltage Regulator, it last the hold day, it will never gets memory, my two digital servos work as never before, you will never get any glitching, and you could field that the card has a more consistent handling due to the more consistence energy.

In my 710 I am using the 750 and it last the hold in the 720 I will used the 1,000.

The only draw back is that care must be taken when charging and using Li Po packs and you can’t allow going below 6v.

RCPANAMA

Very nice, thanks!

My next project this ...
Old 07-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default New 720

What the Hell 2 1/2 years ago my daughter made 2 and i went out to race on road again. I had the impulse and very please with it. I went to the lhs and the 710 was all the talk, i just had to have it. Put it together and put it on a nice track in Rendon, Texas to practice first lap hit the wall (my bad driving ) broke the upper front a-mail and front shock mount and lost the dogbone. I ran the car twice on the streat and once at Rendon. Another 2 years and my son is two now and back on the tread and saw talks about a 720, i thought it was a rumor after reading the first couple of pages I got on the tread today and notice that the 720 thread was still active, I was so excited i just read all 25 pages of thread at work. In my conclusion I MUST HAVE THE 720 and I'm only a week behind the rest of you guys, i'm jealous.

Question:
Who have the cheapest Kits in the US?
Should I sale my 710 or keep it as practice car? (i guess i need to answer that one, but i'm just so happy)

Oh Congrat Team Serpent on the NATS
Old 07-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you guys discharge your receiver packs before you recharge them or you just throw it on the charger after you take it off the car?

Hey Acid what is that you use over the fuel tank? I guess its there to keep fuel from splashing all over the car during refueling right?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maxx
Do you guys discharge your receiver packs before you recharge them or you just throw it on the charger after you take it off the car?

Hey Acid what is that you use over the fuel tank? I guess its there to keep fuel from splashing all over the car during refueling right?
just charge it. I never discharge them.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maxx

You could do that if they are NiMH, but even though they do not create memory as the NiCad, they do in some way, also if you don't recycle them (discharge & charge), they in time will decrease in capacity.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:18 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wap
What the Hell 2 1/2 years ago my daughter made 2 and i went out to race on road again. I had the impulse and very please with it. I went to the lhs and the 710 was all the talk, i just had to have it. Put it together and put it on a nice track in Rendon, Texas to practice first lap hit the wall (my bad driving ) broke the upper front a-mail and front shock mount and lost the dogbone. I ran the car twice on the streat and once at Rendon. Another 2 years and my son is two now and back on the tread and saw talks about a 720, i thought it was a rumor after reading the first couple of pages I got on the tread today and notice that the 720 thread was still active, I was so excited i just read all 25 pages of thread at work. In my conclusion I MUST HAVE THE 720 and I'm only a week behind the rest of you guys, i'm jealous.

Question:
Who have the cheapest Kits in the US?
Should I sale my 710 or keep it as practice car? (i guess i need to answer that one, but i'm just so happy)

Oh Congrat Team Serpent on the NATS
Wap, are you planning to have more kids?...
If so, wait another 2 years then.....
Old 07-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

I found 1000mah sanyos so i bought like 4 packs now i will not have any problems
Old 07-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcpanama
You could do that if they are NiMH, but even though they do not create memory as the NiCad, they do in some way, also if you don't recycle them (discharge & charge), they in time will decrease in capacity.
Even if you do cycle them and be gentle to them at all times, they will gradually lose capacity. The amount of charge cycles for all battery types is limited...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.