Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Dude don't blame Andrew! He was with you... LOL It doesn't get any better than quality time your you kid at the race track! I understand, I am just giving you a hard time...

I had the "kid" with me today..... Brandon!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I wils I did run as my 2 year old made me 20 years older today
Old 10-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Freddy,
Thanks for the cohiba, I enjoyed it at the U of Miami game saturday night!!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while guys, the 'net is down in the dorms again so it might be a few more days...I finally made an effort and climbed some stairs to get to the library to post this.

L8, TK
Old 10-03-2005, 06:59 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

sup tag...
Old 10-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by barnacle
Freddy,
Thanks for the cohiba, I enjoyed it at the U of Miami game saturday night!!
No prob... glad you enjoyed it.... !!!!!!!!!
Now if we could just have another night at S&W... with a nice piece of steak and another nice Stag's Leap bottle or two.. or three....
Old 10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A Look Back at Vegas!

Well now that I'm finally back hame from Vegas and my oversees adventure I can take a look back at what happened in Vegas. First of all Scotty Earnst put on the best race I've ever been to. Everything went flawlessly. Next I need to thank Jon Williams and the rest of Team eXpress for all the support given to me at the race. I CAN"T say that I was down on HP's. I had all that I needed and then some. My eXpress motors and batteries were great.
I began the week feeling a bit worried as I practiced with Drew Ellis and Jeff Dayger and was not able to keep up with them. I tried several things but none seemed to work so the first round of qualifying came around. I ran my 1/12th scale and the car was great but the heat I was in was very rough and traffic was a problem so my qualifying result was not too good but I figured I would bump up to a better heat for the third round which I did. Then came 19Turn. I had decided to change a few things on the car to try and make the car better from practice. The plan was to run 19 Turn and use it as a test session for stock. Well needless to say the car was awesome and was TQ after my run, slipped to 3 or 4th by the end of the round but not to shabby I thought. Since the car was awesome in 19 turn I ran Stock with the same tires and setup. Again the car was dialed. Good enough for TQ at the end of the round. Knowing that it was the first round I would have to go faster was already in my head. Well the second round came around. My 1/12th scale car had a few issues. My 19 Turn car was a bit loose for some reason and didn't go any faster. I decided I needed to make a change for the next Stock heat so I did. Still the car was loose in the rear around the 180's. Although things didn't look too good going into the second and last day of qualifying I was TQ in Stock TC, 5th in 19 Turn and 15th in Stock 12th but I knew I would need to figure out my TC to maintain my positions. Well the second day of qualifing proved to be no treat. My 1/12th scale was good and I put it 6th on the grid for the A- Main the my TC was a handful once again. Almost embarrasing! I slipped from 5th in 19 Turn to 16th and from TQ in Stock to 6th. That is where I ended Up at the end of qualifying.
As my week had went from good to bad it only had one more place to go and that would be worse! The mains were a disaster. Three DNF's is nothing to be happy about let me tell ya. Anyways I did learn alot and I know now what I should have done with the TC that I didn't do. But all in all I did what I went there to do and that was to represent Team eXpress and make both Stock A-mains. Yes, I feel I left a lot on the table but it makes me that much more hungry for the next big event which will be the Halloween Classic at The Gate in October. Thanks again to all of Team eXpress and I hope I made a good first impression with you guys.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 10-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You're my hero Hermannski!! Great Job in Vegas!
Old 10-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

WOW! This is like Jim's first post to the forum and it was 1/4 scale, baby!

Seriously, Jimmy, great run in Vegas. You had the car to beat the first two rounds. You'll have it figured out for the Gate. You're definitely a favorite there going in in stock and one of them in 19T.

HP will be even finer at the Gate 'cuz Taggers himself will be there to build motors and such. I was a stand-in for the real bugger.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Holy SH** I wasn't forgoten about...

Great job in Vegas Jim.... and the Entire Express crew.....

Jim looking forward to being in Ohio for the classic..I'll finally get to drop my car on the rug the 15th when I make a surprise visit to a carpet track not near me..

Well were off to the On Road Nats now so I'll get my wife and Jon as many updates as poss. and the'll post..talk to ya's soon..Fla. here I come baby
Old 10-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dobbs- you pitting with Corally or you gonna pit with Roly again? If not with Corally, try and get up with Tag so we can all be close, we are gonnabe ptting under EZ-ups, not the track pits. If you guys are bringing canopies, we can get them close. See ya there!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Make sure you guys keep us in the loop! I want to hear the updates.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Make sure you guys keep us in the loop! I want to hear the updates.
hmmm, maybe we'll all just turn off our phones and say it's because we're "focused" .
Old 10-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

No comment.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Brandon..Mapquest says 9hrs 34 min..Lets see who gets TQ...

I'm gona run for 7 hrs and 20 min..JP bring a helmet ..well off to bed got a TQ to try for in the morning

Dobbs..bring the luckey chicken powder

JW...I'll call as much as we can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.