Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

PMRGirl.......... Please tell Jeff I got the packs and supplies, and thank you!
ran them yesterday in my TC3 and WOW. The punch is great. I can't wait to get them in my truck at the track (as soon as it is finished).

Thanks again!

Rick
Old 10-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Battery bar issues

I buy my packs assembled which use the new soldering technique, which appears to be the cold solder approach.

The problem that we are having is that we are breaking the joint loose, between the battery bar and the battery cell, on crashes/rollovers (or driving over dots).

We have been in several races where this has happened. I understand that when you run over dots and do a little banging things get broke, and had me (or my son) driven a little better then they wouldn't have broke (or if we kept driving the way we were then something else would have broke anyhow). This is part where I appreciate the pro level drivers, they never seem to hit/touch anything when they drive.

But in the end it's kind of fustrating. The batteries that break are used in HPI Pro 4 where the carbon chassis is cut out for the cells and the pack is strapped down with tape. I use these with my B3 buggy tub chassis which hasn't had this problem. So I don't if there is too much chassis flex going on, or if I'm not taping the batteries down correctly on the chassis, or I need to refile the battery cut-outs.

So I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they have done. I have had pro-match packs that were pre-built (by promatch) using the older soldering technique and haven't had as much problems, but those packs are our practice packs now.

One thing I have thought about is to redo the bars, either just add some more solder to the existing joint (i.e. touch it up), or to take off the bar and then redo the entire joint.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys I will be down Thursday Morning and leaving again on Monday
Jay I am going to try and remember to call you tonight too

Later guys
Old 10-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Just received my Promatch 3700 battery. They look wicked and i'll be using them at the New Zealand North Island Champ next month!!!

And here are two pics of the shell that i'm going to use at the North Island Champ with the cool Promatch sticker on it! (and Special thanks to my shell painter/sponsor dWorks)

Old 10-19-2005, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by promatchracer
Hey guys I will be down Thursday Morning and leaving again on Monday
Jay I am going to try and remember to call you tonight too

Later guys
Yeah give me a shout....we can try to go out Saturday night and grab dinner and hang out. Make sure you let me know many folks are going to be with you also.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

yellow- good luck!!! Nice Ride!!! Be sure to let us know how things go!!!

promatchracer- appropriate avatar????

rctoyguy- Waaasssuuupp???

promatchrcr- YO!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey girl! Long time no see on the board --- been busy? LOL....

Don't go picking on promatchracer's avatar - it gives us old fat married guys something to keep us going -

I know, I know, I owe you an e-mail... as soon as I possibly can...
Old 10-21-2005, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PMRGirl
promatchrcr- YO!!!
Hey!!!!! Thanks for my "stuff"
Old 10-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Deforest- If you ever have a problem with any of our packs please let me know and we will be sure to fix the problem. You can call me 928-855-2226 or e-mail me @ [email protected]
Old 10-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMRGirl
Deforest- If you ever have a problem with any of our packs please let me know and we will be sure to fix the problem. You can call me 928-855-2226 or e-mail me @ [email protected]
I called and they said to send them back so you can look them over. So they're on the way.

I have just bought some 4 cell packs last month. Last weekend I was running those in my pan car and hit a dot straight on. Sheared the front body posts, split the battery strapping tape into two, and moved the motor so the gear mesh wasn't no longer meshing. But the battery was still intact. So in that case the batteries took a whopping impact and held up.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

This past weekend, we had someone running the new IB cells (from PM, of course) who took a major hit - I didn't see it, but it was bad enough to bend a battery bar into a "U" - but the solder joints held...
Old 10-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

PMRgirl,

This is Michael Skeen I was sitting across from Steve at Vegas.
It was good finally meeting you there.

Do you know how I can get in touch with Steve?

Thanks,

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 10-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What 3 days and no one posts

I just got back home after a long trip home and a hard day on Sunday
My Great grandma past away on Sunday when we where down there but I expected that when we went down that she wasn't going to last to long after she seen us.

Other than that it was a great time and nice to meet Jay Jeff and Charlie and there wifes and kids It was neet at dinner that it went boy girl and we all had 1 kid

Oak Mountin Hobbies was a nice shop too. I am gl;ad I got my Li Po charger so I can run my brushless Spider I got 2 months ago lol
Jay I still need more info on that Much More charger I am still interested in it

Also guys there is a Jim N Nicks in Gardendale too I found out when I was leaving lol
Old 10-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

We had a good time too promatchracer... (we all went out to eat during the Auburn game, and all the guys sat on one side of the table so we could see the TV - LOL... it looked kinda weird, all the husbands across from the wives, with the kids kinda mixed in randomly...)

Sorry to hear about your grandmother - Glad you made it home OK.

It was great meeting you, and hopefully we can all race together somewhere before too long.

BTW - if promatchracer says he wants a LOT of BBQ, he MEANS it - LOL - Didn't the waitress say she had never served that platter to anyone that didn't need a "to go" box?
Old 10-25-2005, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Yeah we had a great time. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Glad you guys made it home safely. I will email you with the info on the charger.

Yeah I must say you can throw back some groceries,LOL.

Help me find a trade for my PSP setup also either a 415 or a FK05

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.