Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel Q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 06:41 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default Fuel Q's

I'm getting into Nitro, I just want to know if I can mix my own fuel and hoping to save some bucks.

I want to have a fuel mixture so I can have the best of both worlds, long engine life and speed.

What do u guys suggest?
Old 12-17-2001, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Fuel Q's

Originally posted by zxt
I want to have a fuel mixture so I can have the best of both worlds, long engine life and speed.
from what people have told me, and my initial experiences with my first engine, 15fe, cheap fuels leave a castor oil varnish on the internals of the engine. this is caused by the castor oil burning up when running the engine, the gum base of the oil doen't leave the engine and sticks to the internals
=

eventual rise in engine temps. just one or two hard days of racing and you will start seeing a brown rusty colour on your piston. either clean the engine after every run or...

get KLOTZ DEGUMMED CASTOR OIL. no gum base, leaves no residue, therfore no increase in engine temps over time, easier tunning, bla bla bla.

good quality nitro metho and that's it.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:58 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default so how do I mix

good nice fuels? What are the combination and right mix?

Does a good methanol and 10 percent Nitro is enough? Well...I dont know what I'm taling about can I used Synthetic motor oil for real cars on my RC engine? Say Mobil 1? Some say I can only used motor oil specially for 2 stroke engine.

Pls. shed some light.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2001, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: so how do I mix

Originally posted by zxt
good nice fuels? What are the combination and right mix?

Does a good methanol and 10 percent Nitro is enough? Well...I dont know what I'm taling about can I used Synthetic motor oil for real cars on my RC engine? Say Mobil 1? Some say I can only used motor oil specially for 2 stroke engine.

Pls. shed some light.

Thanks
This might be helpful...
http://www.nitrorc.com/fuelws/
Old 12-18-2001, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default fuel

!IT'S EASY TOMIX FUEL. I MADE MY OWN THE WHOLE LAST SEASON

Last edited by LURCH; 12-18-2001 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2001, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

YOU NEED METHANOL AND NITROMETHANE (WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM A LOCAL RACE SHOP, THEY MAY HAVE TO ORDER IT FROM VP RACE FUEL) AND OIL. I HAVE BEEN USING KLOTZ SUPER TECHNIPLATE WHICH IS A MIX OF 20% CASTOR OIL AND 80% SYNTHETIC CASTOR OIL. ( THE SYNTH OIL BURNS CLEANER THAN CASTOR BUT CASTOR HAS A BETTER FILM STRENGTH FOR LUBRICATION ) I STARTED WITH 20% NITRO AND 15% OIL BUT FOUND IT LEFT MY CAR AN OILY MESS FROM THE EXHAUST. I DROPPED IT DOWN TO 13% OIL AND FOUND IT TO BE A GOOD COMPRIMISE BETWEEN LUBRICATION AND PERFORMANCE.(THE MORE OIL YOU HAVE THE LESS NITRO AND METH YOU HAVE, THEY MAKE THE POWER!) FOR A ONE GALLON MIX OF 20% NITRO AND 13%OIL THE RECIPE IS EASY. 1 GALLON = 128 FLUID OZ
20%(NITRO) OF 128 FLOZ IS 25.6 FLOZ
13%(OIL) OF 128 FLOZ IS 16.64 FLOZ
ADD THOES TWO TOGETHER, 42.24 FLOZ TOTAL (NITRO AND OIL)
SUBTRACT 42.24 FLOZ FROM 128 FLOZ = 85.76 TO GET HOW MUCH METHNOL TO ADD TO GET A TOTAL OF ONE GALLON.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. DO NOT USE ENGINE OIL IN YOU RC ENG!
Old 12-19-2001, 02:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

zxt: try askin' how to mix fuel in manila racers so you wont have a prob buying the ingredients. They'll tell you where to buy em'
Old 12-19-2001, 03:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by LURCH
YOU NEED METHANOL AND NITROMETHANE (WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM A LOCAL RACE SHOP, THEY MAY HAVE TO ORDER IT FROM VP RACE FUEL) AND OIL. I HAVE BEEN USING KLOTZ SUPER TECHNIPLATE WHICH IS A MIX OF 20% CASTOR OIL AND 80% SYNTHETIC CASTOR OIL. ( THE SYNTH OIL BURNS CLEANER THAN CASTOR BUT CASTOR HAS A BETTER FILM STRENGTH FOR LUBRICATION ) I STARTED WITH 20% NITRO AND 15% OIL BUT FOUND IT LEFT MY CAR AN OILY MESS FROM THE EXHAUST. I DROPPED IT DOWN TO 13% OIL AND FOUND IT TO BE A GOOD COMPRIMISE BETWEEN LUBRICATION AND PERFORMANCE.(THE MORE OIL YOU HAVE THE LESS NITRO AND METH YOU HAVE, THEY MAKE THE POWER!) FOR A ONE GALLON MIX OF 20% NITRO AND 13%OIL THE RECIPE IS EASY. 1 GALLON = 128 FLUID OZ
20%(NITRO) OF 128 FLOZ IS 25.6 FLOZ
13%(OIL) OF 128 FLOZ IS 16.64 FLOZ
ADD THOES TWO TOGETHER, 42.24 FLOZ TOTAL (NITRO AND OIL)
SUBTRACT 42.24 FLOZ FROM 128 FLOZ = 85.76 TO GET HOW MUCH METHNOL TO ADD TO GET A TOTAL OF ONE GALLON.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. DO NOT USE ENGINE OIL IN YOU RC ENG!
you make it sound so simple...i wonder if as good at trinity monster fuel or o'donell
Old 12-19-2001, 04:06 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default LURCH

hey thanks, I'll ry your mixture as soon as I know where can I buy stuffs.

Mailbox: do u mix your own fule or you buy mixed?
Old 12-19-2001, 04:14 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default Mauler

forgot to say thank you for the link. Nice to read.
Old 12-21-2001, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I buy mixed fuel from branded companies to ensure my engines life. Try buying from Mang or manilahobbies. Or try asking in nitro r/c forum in manila racers. They know how to mix em here.
Old 12-21-2001, 05:51 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default mailbox

You're right to use branded fuels to save your engine but sometimes kya tayo nasa ganitong hobby is to try different things, most of us like to experiment a little and to save a lot. Of course we must be careful or else we lose our engine for the sake of little bucks from the fuel cost we save.

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can someone pinpointwhere to buy Nitromethane and sysnthetic oil in manila.

Store : __________
LandLine # ___________
Cell No. # ______________
Contact Person : _________