R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2001, 07:41 AM   #1
zxt
Tech Regular
 
zxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Manila
Posts: 294
Default Fuel Q's

I'm getting into Nitro, I just want to know if I can mix my own fuel and hoping to save some bucks.

I want to have a fuel mixture so I can have the best of both worlds, long engine life and speed.

What do u guys suggest?
zxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 12:54 AM   #2
Tech Regular
 
ozzyNEOdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: sydney,
Posts: 499
Default Re: Fuel Q's

Quote:
Originally posted by zxt
I want to have a fuel mixture so I can have the best of both worlds, long engine life and speed.
from what people have told me, and my initial experiences with my first engine, 15fe, cheap fuels leave a castor oil varnish on the internals of the engine. this is caused by the castor oil burning up when running the engine, the gum base of the oil doen't leave the engine and sticks to the internals
=

eventual rise in engine temps. just one or two hard days of racing and you will start seeing a brown rusty colour on your piston. either clean the engine after every run or...

get KLOTZ DEGUMMED CASTOR OIL. no gum base, leaves no residue, therfore no increase in engine temps over time, easier tunning, bla bla bla.

good quality nitro metho and that's it.
ozzyNEOdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 08:58 AM   #3
zxt
Tech Regular
 
zxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Manila
Posts: 294
Default so how do I mix

good nice fuels? What are the combination and right mix?

Does a good methanol and 10 percent Nitro is enough? Well...I dont know what I'm taling about can I used Synthetic motor oil for real cars on my RC engine? Say Mobil 1? Some say I can only used motor oil specially for 2 stroke engine.

Pls. shed some light.

Thanks
zxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 10:10 AM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default Re: so how do I mix

Quote:
Originally posted by zxt
good nice fuels? What are the combination and right mix?

Does a good methanol and 10 percent Nitro is enough? Well...I dont know what I'm taling about can I used Synthetic motor oil for real cars on my RC engine? Say Mobil 1? Some say I can only used motor oil specially for 2 stroke engine.

Pls. shed some light.

Thanks
This might be helpful...
http://www.nitrorc.com/fuelws/
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 06:57 PM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14
Default fuel

!IT'S EASY TOMIX FUEL. I MADE MY OWN THE WHOLE LAST SEASON

Last edited by LURCH; 12-18-2001 at 07:00 PM.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 07:27 PM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14
Default

YOU NEED METHANOL AND NITROMETHANE (WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM A LOCAL RACE SHOP, THEY MAY HAVE TO ORDER IT FROM VP RACE FUEL) AND OIL. I HAVE BEEN USING KLOTZ SUPER TECHNIPLATE WHICH IS A MIX OF 20% CASTOR OIL AND 80% SYNTHETIC CASTOR OIL. ( THE SYNTH OIL BURNS CLEANER THAN CASTOR BUT CASTOR HAS A BETTER FILM STRENGTH FOR LUBRICATION ) I STARTED WITH 20% NITRO AND 15% OIL BUT FOUND IT LEFT MY CAR AN OILY MESS FROM THE EXHAUST. I DROPPED IT DOWN TO 13% OIL AND FOUND IT TO BE A GOOD COMPRIMISE BETWEEN LUBRICATION AND PERFORMANCE.(THE MORE OIL YOU HAVE THE LESS NITRO AND METH YOU HAVE, THEY MAKE THE POWER!) FOR A ONE GALLON MIX OF 20% NITRO AND 13%OIL THE RECIPE IS EASY. 1 GALLON = 128 FLUID OZ
20%(NITRO) OF 128 FLOZ IS 25.6 FLOZ
13%(OIL) OF 128 FLOZ IS 16.64 FLOZ
ADD THOES TWO TOGETHER, 42.24 FLOZ TOTAL (NITRO AND OIL)
SUBTRACT 42.24 FLOZ FROM 128 FLOZ = 85.76 TO GET HOW MUCH METHNOL TO ADD TO GET A TOTAL OF ONE GALLON.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. DO NOT USE ENGINE OIL IN YOU RC ENG!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 03:11 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
mailboxck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Philippines
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

zxt: try askin' how to mix fuel in manila racers so you wont have a prob buying the ingredients. They'll tell you where to buy em'
mailboxck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 04:26 AM   #8
Regional Moderator
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,181
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by LURCH
YOU NEED METHANOL AND NITROMETHANE (WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM A LOCAL RACE SHOP, THEY MAY HAVE TO ORDER IT FROM VP RACE FUEL) AND OIL. I HAVE BEEN USING KLOTZ SUPER TECHNIPLATE WHICH IS A MIX OF 20% CASTOR OIL AND 80% SYNTHETIC CASTOR OIL. ( THE SYNTH OIL BURNS CLEANER THAN CASTOR BUT CASTOR HAS A BETTER FILM STRENGTH FOR LUBRICATION ) I STARTED WITH 20% NITRO AND 15% OIL BUT FOUND IT LEFT MY CAR AN OILY MESS FROM THE EXHAUST. I DROPPED IT DOWN TO 13% OIL AND FOUND IT TO BE A GOOD COMPRIMISE BETWEEN LUBRICATION AND PERFORMANCE.(THE MORE OIL YOU HAVE THE LESS NITRO AND METH YOU HAVE, THEY MAKE THE POWER!) FOR A ONE GALLON MIX OF 20% NITRO AND 13%OIL THE RECIPE IS EASY. 1 GALLON = 128 FLUID OZ
20%(NITRO) OF 128 FLOZ IS 25.6 FLOZ
13%(OIL) OF 128 FLOZ IS 16.64 FLOZ
ADD THOES TWO TOGETHER, 42.24 FLOZ TOTAL (NITRO AND OIL)
SUBTRACT 42.24 FLOZ FROM 128 FLOZ = 85.76 TO GET HOW MUCH METHNOL TO ADD TO GET A TOTAL OF ONE GALLON.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. DO NOT USE ENGINE OIL IN YOU RC ENG!
you make it sound so simple...i wonder if as good at trinity monster fuel or o'donell
disaster999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 05:06 AM   #9
zxt
Tech Regular
 
zxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Manila
Posts: 294
Default LURCH

hey thanks, I'll ry your mixture as soon as I know where can I buy stuffs.

Mailbox: do u mix your own fule or you buy mixed?
zxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 05:14 AM   #10
zxt
Tech Regular
 
zxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Manila
Posts: 294
Default Mauler

forgot to say thank you for the link. Nice to read.
zxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 06:16 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic
 
mailboxck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Philippines
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I buy mixed fuel from branded companies to ensure my engines life. Try buying from Mang or manilahobbies. Or try asking in nitro r/c forum in manila racers. They know how to mix em here.
mailboxck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 06:51 AM   #12
zxt
Tech Regular
 
zxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Manila
Posts: 294
Default mailbox

You're right to use branded fuels to save your engine but sometimes kya tayo nasa ganitong hobby is to try different things, most of us like to experiment a little and to save a lot. Of course we must be careful or else we lose our engine for the sake of little bucks from the fuel cost we save.

Thanks.
zxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #13
Tech Regular
 
Zaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dipolog City
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Zaint
Default

Can someone pinpointwhere to buy Nitromethane and sysnthetic oil in manila.

Store : __________
LandLine # ___________
Cell No. # ______________
Contact Person : _________
Zaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
O'Donnell Racing Fuel vs. R2R Fuel SKOT Nitro Off-Road 4 12-28-2007 07:34 PM
Tower Hobbies Power 20% nitro fuel VS Trinity Monster Brew 20% nitro fuel? needhelpPLZ? Nitro Off-Road 1 07-23-2007 06:01 AM
30% fuel motohead24 Electric Off-Road 14 02-08-2006 03:36 AM
<NEW> MONSTER TRUCK FUEL FROM MAXY'S PRO RACING FUEL !!!! <Maxy's> Nelson Racing Forum 0 11-08-2005 10:13 AM
Does O'Donnell fuel make a huge accel. gain on HPI fuel Smoke21 Nitro On-Road 3 05-03-2004 05:44 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net