Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by hooked_on

At this stage i am going to use a Os Cv Hyper....... If i like the car, i will end up getting another one to replace my v1rr and use a novarossi Rs12.........

sell your RR to me - I'll take it
Old 08-07-2002, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ray, Where do I check for the mail you sent? Will it be in my own e-mail, or somewhere on this site? If it goes to my own e-mail I don't think I got it. Could you please try again? I really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think its safe to say that picking a brand and sticking with it for a season at a time will give you the most consistant Shore ratings and performance.

I have been running Nitro Shoes by Jaco great life and traction
Old 08-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

I have been using the Nitro shoes and Ellegi foams with great results from both on different track sufaces.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default e-mail me!!!

Ray, Where do I check for the mail you sent? Will it be in my own e-mail, or somewhere on this site? If it goes to my own e-mail I don't think I got it. Could you please try again? I really appreciate it. Thanks!
Please send me an e-mail and I'll reply.

INFERNO-I have the Nitro Shoes, lots of em actually. I havent been able to use them yet. I only got my car last month so it has been a very steep learning curve and one thing that makes it so steep is finding a set of tires I like!!! I have used 26, 28, 30mm wide tires in 40 to 45 shore, front compounds, rear compounds, stnadrd foams from electric!!! It's mind boggling all the tires I have used!!! If I could afford a Tire Durometer, 60% of this hassle would have been avoided!!!
Old 08-08-2002, 01:07 PM

Hey Ray I went through the same tire deal myself and have found the CRC Trackmagnet hard to beat!! try the 2119 and 2120, my favorite is the 2112 and 2117, you might want to look into them! 28mm frt and 30 mm rear. BB
Old 08-09-2002, 07:23 AM
Tech Initiate

sorry for this stupid question but what air filter are you guys running with your engines. I have a Nova Rossi S12 just got for my NTC3 just need a air filter. Will any 10mm air filter do?
BigDog
motorsaver air filters, seem to be the best for rc cars on the market, thats what i think anyway. I know some people who did use k and n (till these new motorsavers came out), but they are not really designed for rc.

I think there url is motorsaver.com though im sure google will find them.

Also for the NR RS12 S1 you want a 15mm filter, for some strange reason they have them listed as filters for .21 engines. Though trust me i ordered one direct for my RS12 and they sent me the 10mm, its far to small, i got them to find out the correct one and they sent me the 15mm it fits fine.

Not such a stupid q afterall

Last edited by fiasco; 08-09-2002 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-09-2002, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

the carb on those .12 nova's takes motorsaver .21 filters.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

you are correct. They take the larger .21 filters...

Also the K&N filters maybe good but they must weight alot more then a motor saver unit
Old 08-09-2002, 07:40 PM

Could we please stop talking about air filters on the NTC3 board. HOw's everyone's 1-ways holding up? Who is trying the upper outer arm mount in the front? Anyone weighed this thing to see if the weight percntage is the same as serpent/mugen/kyosho front to rear? What oil/spring for bumpy asphalt? Anyone tried using a regular TC3 diff ring w/o the friction disc?
Old 08-10-2002, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs down Quality!

People,

I am about 50% through building my new NTC3.... And so far i have been a little disapointed about the quality of the kit. I have on numerous occasions found that screws are missing from there bags and one of the screws for the mounting the shocks had a bit of of a hes driver broken off in the head of the screw. And this was a sealed bag from the factory! I have also had problems with getting the screws to fit into the plastic and had to bore it our to make the screws fit....

Did i just get a bad kit or is this a problem?

Cheers,

Andrew
Old 08-10-2002, 02:49 AM
Tech Initiate

i have a Novarossi CX12PS2 and im going to put it in a NTC3 and i was wondering what parts i need for it to fit?? also im going to take off the pull starter does anyone know the part number and a pic of the place that replaces the pullstart???

thanx in advance!!!
Old 08-10-2002, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

hello, i would like to find out more about the ntc3, i heard people talked about the car and i saw it at the hobby shop but i never seen it run until last week, well you might of guessed we got smoked by it, we did drag races and we noticed that the launch on the ntc3 kinda sucked, even though it had better engine than we did, the launch sucked but the car did catch up and smoked us, the car top speed was about 55mph, so what are the weaknesses of this car? and i keep hearing something about a fuel tank problem, what's wrong with the fuel tank? and would it be possible to use foams without making any adjustments to the suspension? i'm going to probably meet up the guy next week i know i'll smoke him, cause last week i borrowed somebody's plastic pipe cause my pipe was messed up, so tommorow or next week i'll get a new pipe and we will see who is faster, also his car was like 3 or 4mm off the ground and the chassis was never scratched when we raced, and he told me his secret and now i'm doing it, i might tell you what it is later, thanks for the replies.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Here are some issues i have had with the car after some "races" at "race tracks" :

-steel pivot balls will snap
-titanium pivot balls will bend
-using an rpm front bumper lessens the chance of both above
-bearings used in the hub carriers are junk, and just too small for the power and long mains. I had to replace all 4 in the rear last weekend
-tranny cases tend to strip out after a while. Front shock tower will become loose. Carry a spare tranny case. If i could get an alloy top half i think i would rest easier when running 30min + mains
-front outdrive going to main shaft should get the alloy treatment as the plastic peice tends to open and make the shaft look as though its bent.

Thats my issues.

Other then that i love working on it. When you leave it off the walls and i have it is a joy to drive as well. No belts failures and no crud in the gears and pulleys i sgreat.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

I see...... titanium bends, do you guys have similar problem that he described? and will a rb x12 fit on the car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.