Wiki Posts
Search

Team-Powers XPS V1.1 New Speedos

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
Its very simple the current ESC did not meet the NO TIMING rule. Also when the new esc model is available Team Powers will submit it.
This is very obvious to anybody, thanks for the help! If you had not read in previous, I am a team driver with Team Powers, I am simply not allowed to explain WHY it did not pass, many people probably can figure it out easy enough. I know they will submit it when the new one comes out, it will not be a new esc all together, simply new software.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
This is very obvious to anybody, thanks for the help! If you had not read in previous, I am a team driver with Team Powers, I am simply not allowed to explain WHY it did not pass, many people probably can figure it out easy enough. I know they will submit it when the new one comes out, it will not be a new esc all together, simply new software.
Randy, FYI, Ron does the speedo testing for ROAR.

Art
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Advil
Randy, FYI, Ron does the speedo testing for ROAR.

Art
My apologies then, I was not aware of this. Thanks for the info
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I got all my new gear in this week (7.5t plutonium motor, Primus servo, 6800 70c lipo, XPS pro esc, and new tires) I got it all in the car today and had it on the track, our smaller indoor facility though so i wasnt able to really open the car up. However, based on my findings, the settings i had will be great for outdoor, i have a good starting point for indoor as well. The power band was very smooth and on point, the power was there when i needed it, i think my start rpm was to high though, it has like a second gear on the straight and i dont care for this indoors. The battery seemed very punchy after the third run and charge, didnt swell a bit and got to a nice warm temp. Motor was barely warm at all, could probably have increased the endbell timing but then that seemed to caused excess heat in the ESC so instead i think it would be better to add timing and turbo to it and probably drop the delay down some. Overall it was a good testing session, Ill find more on saturday provided the weather hold out for us. -Randy
Old 06-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great Randy,

which settings did you use?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jonnydb
Great Randy,

which settings did you use?
I finished on thursday with these for a 7.5t plutonium motor:

FDR-9.18
motor timing-1
Start rpm- 3000
timing boost- 26
turbo delay- 0.2
turbo boost- 25
power band- 90
timing burst- 75
dead band- 10

track was 100x48 with a flowing layout. motor didnt get very hot at all, speed control didnt either. Next week i might try dropping start rpm and turbo delay and maybe increase the timing or turbo. I will post my settings after tomorrow when i will run on a 160x60 track, much larger and more open outdoor track
Old 06-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

Ran the XPS Pro at the UK BRCA National this weekend just gone which is 10.5 boosted. Been about a year and half since I raced so had to set it up along the way.

Thoughts are the power is decent, I accompanied the XPS at first with an X12 10.5, which suddenly faded at the 4:30 mark, and then cutout, tempreture came off at 80 degrees C, so perfectly in the comfortable margins of what an X12 can take...
I decided to keep the X12 in for round 2 and turned the cutoff off, even though it's default is set to 100 degrees C I thought I'd try it.

Round 2 didn't help, and also noticed the brakes at high speed, coming from full throttle to a progressive brake, to fullbrake had a delay, which didn't help on a certain section of the infield.
Decided to change motor to a Novak,, which worked alot better with the XPS, stayed much cooler, however the high speed brake delay was still there, and with nothing to change apart from brake frequency/brake force I just had change my driving style and let off early
through the infield and roll it through.

Main settings as follows ;
Dead Band - 5%
Power Band - 100%
Timing Burst - 35%
Start RPM - 5000/6000
Timing Boost - 45%
Timing turbo - 40%
Turbo Delay - 0.2
Brake Force - 100
Frequency Brake - 4
Frequency Forward - 4

Best laptimes - 15.2 ( A final guys around low 15's, few high 14's)

This is with a Novak 10.5 standard can timing.
Was quick as anything else I could gauge, geared at 7.2 for a small/medium sized outdoor track. Novak came off at 55 degrees C.

X12 was the same settings apart from Boost timing of 30 and Turbo of 25 with the 4 dot motor insert geared at 7.2.

Last edited by steveonamission; 06-18-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Ran the XPS Pro at the UK BRCA National this weekend just gone which is 10.5 boosted. Been about a year and half since I raced so had to set it up along the way.

Thoughts are the power is decent, I accompanied the XPS at first with an X12 10.5, which suddenly faded at the 4:30 mark, and then cutout, tempreture came off at 80 degrees C, so perfectly in the comfortable margins of what an X12 can take...
I decided to keep the X12 in for round 2 and turned the cutoff off, even though it's default is set to 100 degrees C I thought I'd try it.

Round 2 didn't help, and also noticed the brakes at high speed, coming from full throttle to a progressive brake, to fullbrake had a delay, which didn't help on a certain section of the infield.
Decided to change motor to a Novak,, which worked alot better with the XPS, stayed much cooler, however the high speed brake delay was still there, and with nothing to change apart from brake frequency/brake force I just had change my driving style and let off early

Dead Band - 5%
Power Band - 100%
Timing Burst - 35%
Start RPM - 5000/6000
Timing Boost - 45%
Timing turbo - 40%
Turbo Delay - 0.2
Brake Force - 100
Frequency Brake - 4
Frequency Forward - 4

Was quick as anything else I could gauge, geared at 7.2 for a small/medium sized outdoor track. Novak came off at 55 degrees C.

X12 was the same settings apart from Boost timing of 30 and Turbo of 25 with the 4 dot motor insert geared at 7.2.
I dont know maybe this settings could help

Power Band - 100%
Timing Burst - 100%
Start RPM - 4000
Timing Boost - 45%
Timing turbo - 40%
Turbo Delay - 0.2

about the brakes i didnt noticed a delay yet,maybe the reverse force at 100% could help try this and see what you think... after test tell us if worked.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Dead Band - 5%
Power Band - 100%
Timing Burst - 35%
Start RPM - 5000/6000
Timing Boost - 45%
Timing turbo - 40%
Turbo Delay - 0.2
Brake Force - 100
Frequency Brake - 4
Frequency Forward - 4

Power Band - 100%
Timing Burst - 100%
Start RPM - 4000
Timing Boost - 45%
Timing turbo - 40%
Turbo Delay - 0.2

about the brakes i didnt noticed a delay yet,maybe the reverse force at 100% could help try this and see what you think... after test tell us if worked.

Set the speed control to Fwd/brake only, then set reverse force to 100% and brake force to 100% and also set your brake frequency to 2. Doing this should help with the delay, also try opening the band a little to say 10% which is the default. I normally run the smallest deadband i can until i started to use this speed control, i found that the XPS esc seems smoother like this. Hope this helps!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Power Band - 100%
Timing Burst - 100%
Start RPM - 4000
Timing Boost - 45%
Timing turbo - 40%
Turbo Delay - 0.2

Set the speed control to Fwd/brake only, then set reverse force to 100% and brake force to 100% and also set your brake frequency to 2. Doing this should help with the delay, also try opening the band a little to say 10% which is the default. I normally run the smallest deadband i can until i started to use this speed control, i found that the XPS esc seems smoother like this. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the input chaps.

It feels to me the brakes are being effected once the turbo engages at full throttle... The brakes work OK once the timing is released once i'm off the throttle, but that's no good. I already have Fwd/brake only set, and reverse force/brake force at 100%, and going to a lower brake frequency only made my off full throttle brakes weaker. I don't have a problem with the feel of the throttle of the speed controller, it was pretty good.

Timing burst at 100%? Surely that's just going to heat my motor up faster? And not take advantage of the motor torque and bog it right down? I'll try it though!

Might try a plutonium motor and see if it works better with it.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Also I'd like to find out what the 1% of timing equates into degrees, as 1% can't be 1 degree....
Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Also I'd like to find out what the 1% of timing equates into degrees, as 1% can't be 1 degree....
This is something I am trying to figure out myself. I actually think, based on experimenting, that 2% on the XPS is about 1 degree on an esc such as tekin. This seems to be the case but i am not entirely sure about this. If you do any experimenting yourself, please let us know. All i know is in boosted this is got to be the best esc i have ever used, very smooth.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone know how much timing is built in to the old gold band motors and how much timing +2, +4 really adds?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Conrad
Does anyone know how much timing is built in to the old gold band motors and how much timing +2, +4 really adds?
Each +1 is 12 degree's of timing.

The maxium you can get ius 48 degree's on the old gold band motor.

The plutonium can add 60 degrees with Version 2.0 board fitted that offsets the timing by +1
Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

This is something I am trying to figure out myself. I actually think, based on experimenting, that 2% on the XPS is about 1 degree on an esc such as tekin. This seems to be the case but i am not entirely sure about this. If you do any experimenting yourself, please let us know. All i know is in boosted this is got to be the best esc i have ever used, very smooth.
the official figure is each 1% = 0.6 degree's of timing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.