Wiki Posts
Search

To Tweak or not to Tweak?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking To Tweak or not to Tweak?

I've finally decided to spend a little extra cash and get the Hudy Ultimate Setup station. Just wondering if it really is needed to get a tweak station as well? If so, wich one is best? And what does the tweak station do? Ran my NTC3 before without having one and it ran OK sometimes but one of my friends put my car on a balancing thing and adjusted the shocks till the car was level and the car seemed to handle better until I got bumped and then the NTC3 lost all its settings. Changed all the time on me. What my friend used, is that a tweak station? Please let me know which one is best. I only want to buy tools and setup stuff once! Not buy something, use it, not good enough and have to buy something again. Thanks for your time.

Later...Richard
Old 02-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: To Tweak or not to Tweak?

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
I've finally decided to spend a little extra cash and get the Hudy Ultimate Setup station. Just wondering if it really is needed to get a tweak station as well? If so, wich one is best? And what does the tweak station do? Ran my NTC3 before without having one and it ran OK sometimes but one of my friends put my car on a balancing thing and adjusted the shocks till the car was level and the car seemed to handle better until I got bumped and then the NTC3 lost all its settings. Changed all the time on me. What my friend used, is that a tweak station? Please let me know which one is best. I only want to buy tools and setup stuff once! Not buy something, use it, not good enough and have to buy something again. Thanks for your time.

Later...Richard
You can do a really quick, easy and most of all CHEAP tweak check with no more than your car, a flat surface and a screwdriver or something similar . Most would find it hard to justify the cost of a tweak board thingy .

HERE is a good example of how it's done .

Your friend's 'balancing thing' may be more like a weight distribution station... maybe not, but I can't say for sure... someone else will know.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you get one the lazer station is better than the bubble one!
Old 02-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Are you talking about the Integy one? What does the tweak board do exactly? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Adept

Yes he is talking about the Integy one.

A tweak board will show if you have more weight on one side of a the car than the other (a condition known as "tweak").

I have a MIP tweak station. It has a bubble sight glass and to be honest, I wasn't very impressed. It just isn't very sensitive. I could push down on my car while it was on the tweak station and get a different reading everytime. I would suspect the laser light set up would be the same,,, not that good.

You can get a digital scale. I bought one from Wal Mart. You can find them in the grocery department. The digital scale is more accurate AND I can weigh my car on it. You can't do that on a tweak station.

With the scale though, I did have to have to cut some boards so that I could set one wheel on the scale and the other 3 on the boards and have everything level. But that wasn't too hard.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

tweak station will check for tweak
makes sure the car is ballanced yep intergy one
have a quick look here

http://www.cmcc.org.uk/review_miptweak.asp
Old 02-08-2004, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

What do you think is better? The MIP one or the Integy Laser one? Thanks. Now I know what Tweak is
Old 02-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

did i say earlier the lazer one???

i have had both and the lazer one is better and you dont need a flat level surface for it!
Old 02-08-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by The Sleeper
Yes he is talking about the Integy one.

A tweak board will show if you have more weight on one side of a the car than the other (a condition known as "tweak").

I have a MIP tweak station. It has a bubble sight glass and to be honest, I wasn't very impressed. It just isn't very sensitive. I could push down on my car while it was on the tweak station and get a different reading everytime. I would suspect the laser light set up would be the same,,, not that good.

You can get a digital scale. I bought one from Wal Mart. You can find them in the grocery department. The digital scale is more accurate AND I can weigh my car on it. You can't do that on a tweak station.

With the scale though, I did have to have to cut some boards so that I could set one wheel on the scale and the other 3 on the boards and have everything level. But that wasn't too hard.
if you want a scale system why not get this?

and the lazer one is acurate!
Old 02-08-2004, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Seems as though I should be getting the Laser Integy Tweak board.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yokomo makes a really good one it has bearings throughout. On all the riding surfaces so there is no friction or stiction when the car is at rest.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SCIDA
Yokomo makes a really good one it has bearings throughout. On all the riding surfaces so there is no friction or stiction when the car is at rest.
so does the intergy one!!