Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Roar going in the right direction

I like this idea.Gonna help a lot of guys and manufactures make plans

http://www.roarracing.com/?cat=1

Thanks Roar.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Big plus if you go to Nationals in my book.

I can now plan vacation and other races around it. Should also help tracks that want to put it on. You know the dates ...... if you want to host, you can adjust your schedule in advance.

Now just need a current rule book and include GT8 rules.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Going In The Right Direction......maybe but someone is 'traveling-with-blinders-on'. There is a VIBRANT GT8/IGT culture that is being ignored by those put in positions at ROAR that have been entrusted to address this class of racers and adopt some rules and get us on the 'playlist'. What in the heck is the problem...............?????

I'm waiting for the 'expose' to be written about this one.....just like "Too Big To Fail" and movie to follow......maybe I'll Tweet Sorken.....

Does ANYONE have an answer to this one? I totally understand why 'our government' is screwed but for our hobby industry ruling body not to be able to pull off a set of rules that are essentially WRITTEN, USED BY CROSS-SECTION of HOBBY, THE "ACCEPTED NORM".........can be grabbed 'out of the cosmos' in any region of the great US of A.

To have GT8/IGT as an 'Invited Class' at so many events is absolutely appreciated. WHO is it that isn't seeing 'the writing on the wall'...???

All I can figure is that it is a class that is not RIDICULOUSLY expensive and ROAR caters to the faction of the r/c car industry that only wants the 'money boys' to play.......shame on you. Maybe another organization should pick up the class and their rules....... "don't let others play".

You guys that are running the ROAR classes, keep on enjoying your cars ...I'll continue to do my turn at marshaling your nifty machines as the bastard driver I am..........
Old 03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Going In The Right Direction......maybe but someone is 'traveling-with-blinders-on'. There is a VIBRANT GT8/IGT culture that is being ignored by those put in positions at ROAR that have been entrusted to address this class of racers and adopt some rules and get us on the 'playlist'. What in the heck is the problem...............?????

I'm waiting for the 'expose' to be written about this one.....just like "Too Big To Fail" and movie to follow......maybe I'll Tweet Sorken.....

Does ANYONE have an answer to this one? I totally understand why 'our government' is screwed but for our hobby industry ruling body not to be able to pull off a set of rules that are essentially WRITTEN, USED BY CROSS-SECTION of HOBBY, THE "ACCEPTED NORM".........can be grabbed 'out of the cosmos' in any region of the great US of A.

To have GT8/IGT as an 'Invited Class' at so many events is absolutely appreciated. WHO is it that isn't seeing 'the writing on the wall'...???

All I can figure is that it is a class that is not RIDICULOUSLY expensive and ROAR caters to the faction of the r/c car industry that only wants the 'money boys' to play.......shame on you. Maybe another organization should pick up the class and their rules....... "don't let others play".

You guys that are running the ROAR classes, keep on enjoying your cars ...I'll continue to do my turn at marshaling your nifty machines as the bastard driver I am..........
I agree with you man, but I will say that there is something big on the horizon coming! Something that needed to be done from the get go of this class and something that will appeal to all of us GT guys. Just hold tight and watch! your views are what the majority of us feel about how ROAR is handling things......DUMB and with blinders on
Old 03-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The only problem with fixed dates is that you could have nasty weather at that time of year in some places. Like Fuel offroad in late June. That's great for the northern half of the country but could be awfully hot in Texas or southern Florida. And onroad in September. Florida has seen hurricanes that late in the year. So why not keep it flexible but schedule a year in advance?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is Bashing ROAR really gonna help the cause???????????
Old 03-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by J-MAN
Better then voting in a broken election process...
Old 03-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
The only problem with fixed dates is that you could have nasty weather at that time of year in some places. Like Fuel offroad in late June. That's great for the northern half of the country but could be awfully hot in Texas or southern Florida. And onroad in September. Florida has seen hurricanes that late in the year. So why not keep it flexible but schedule a year in advance?
So maybe the other part of this is to have it at the same location each year?

You could fully lock in travel plans, book rooms and flights.

Just my thoughts, but it works for other types of racing.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by J-MAN
Wasn't a 'Bash'.......NASCAR 'nudges' are used to see 'who's AWAKE'........

Ask Jr., K+K Busch, Biffle, etc.......
Old 03-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Antagonizing ROAR is not going to help the GT8 cause. Adding another class to the Fuel OnRoad nats makes the event longer, making people spend more money in hotels, car rentals, and lost wages from work(not everyone gets paid vacation). Perhaps you guys should work towards your own nationals, you could include the electric GT guys as well.
Before 2008 the 200mm sedan nats were separate from the the 1/8th class nats, and different tracks from eachother.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Antagonizing ROAR is not going to help the GT8 cause.
The backside story is that ROAR (up to and including the president) has said that they have had rules done down to how to work with the engines for somewhere between 1-2 years (based on who you talk to) and yet have nothing to show for it. There was a request for a consortium of race series / events to help come up with rules. This was done and sent to ROAR about this time last year and still nothing. Heck, they could even copy the Rally rules as a starting point and just add the 2 speed for the type of tracks we run on.

Others have run GT Nationals, which is gaining ground, but the best events I went to last year had a good showing of 1/8 open, 1/10 touring and GT.

Since 2008 the 1/10 and 1/8 scale have been combined due to lower turn out. I've run many ROAR nats for 1/8 open that had a limit of 250 racers and they filled it out ...... but that is not happening currently.

But the real reason for GT, other than it is a lot of fun, is that the cars can take alot of racing (abuse) and do not need to be maintained like the 1/8 open. With rubber tires, you take out part of the cost and equipment needed and they basicly start out as an off road buggy. So, it is a GREAT class to get new racers into the sport / hobby. This is a car that you can drive in ANY open paved area.

All nitro onroad classes will benifit with more racers.

Think of it as Short Course Trucks on pavement.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

None of which has anything to do with this topic.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Better to have a direction or planned dates than not have any at all
As for Gt we need the class to at least have a form of entry level racing to bring in new racers
As a track owner & racer we need to grow this class & promote it
I don't have a Gt but driven 1 & there ton's of fun to drive so I agree to disagree with you Muller we need to take on every venue to grow the hobby not divide ourselves from fellow racers depending on what they enjoy racing
Old 03-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
The backside story is that ROAR (up to and including the president) has said that they have had rules done down to how to work with the engines for somewhere between 1-2 years (based on who you talk to) and yet have nothing to show for it. There was a request for a consortium of race series / events to help come up with rules. This was done and sent to ROAR about this time last year and still nothing. Heck, they could even copy the Rally rules as a starting point and just add the 2 speed for the type of tracks we run on.

Others have run GT Nationals, which is gaining ground, but the best events I went to last year had a good showing of 1/8 open, 1/10 touring and GT.

Since 2008 the 1/10 and 1/8 scale have been combined due to lower turn out. I've run many ROAR nats for 1/8 open that had a limit of 250 racers and they filled it out ...... but that is not happening currently.

But the real reason for GT, other than it is a lot of fun, is that the cars can take alot of racing (abuse) and do not need to be maintained like the 1/8 open. With rubber tires, you take out part of the cost and equipment needed and they basicly start out as an off road buggy. So, it is a GREAT class to get new racers into the sport / hobby. This is a car that you can drive in ANY open paved area.

All nitro onroad classes will benifit with more racers.

Think of it as Short Course Trucks on pavement.
Originally Posted by GMartinez
Better to have a direction or planned dates than not have any at all
As for Gt we need the class to at least have a form of entry level racing to bring in new racers
As a track owner & racer we need to grow this class & promote it
I don't have a Gt but driven 1 & there ton's of fun to drive so I agree to disagree with you Muller we need to take on every venue to grow the hobby not divide ourselves from fellow racers depending on what they enjoy racing
I get both points and agree with them. Am I going to buy a GT, its not my thing, but I understand the fact that its another segment of the OnRoad side of racing that must be respected. All Im saying is that perhaps you guys need to try a different road/aproach to get into the ROAR rulebook.

As far as having set dates for the Nats, I think its great, even with some of the weather concerns that somebody else pointed out I think its better than having to guess when they're going to be every year.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Like bypassing ROAR!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.