Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Micro RS4 Servo Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Micro RS4 Servo Trouble

I just got a new Micro RS4. I was runing it around in the house and sometimes when i crash it into the walls, the servo unsticks from the tape. I don't know if it is just bad servo tape or what, but It keeps hapening. I was sure to get both surfaces very clean (I used cleaner and didn't touch it). Is there a way to fasten the servo on better?

I also wanted to know how long it would run with four AA bateries. I have read things that range from 15 to an hour.

Thanks,
Jake
Old 05-17-2002, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Jake
Try different servo tape. Mine sticks no problem and it has hit numerous items in the house. The car is my 6 year olds She like getting it stuck under the kitchen island. Daddy helps too Cuts great donuts on tile floors. I get between 20 - 25 min on duarcells. Have not tried a NiMh pack yet or rechargable batteries.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I guess I will just go out and get a good quality roll of servo tape. Thanks for the help
Old 05-17-2002, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

shoe goo works great, that's what I use
Old 05-19-2002, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

I used bolink servo tape and my servo hasn't come loose yet. Anybody know when the micro's first hit the market? Cause that's when I got mine. It was the first one around here.
Old 05-19-2002, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Try taking a scotch brite pad or brillo pad and scuff both the servo case and chassis, then use 1 pice of tape on the bottom and 2 on top (one on top of the other), trust me the servo will stay put.
Old 05-19-2002, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Hey, try using 3M Heavy Duty tapes on the main chassis and the top deck, it should secure the servo properly..

The run time of the car actually depends on the motor ya are using, the capacity of the cells and the style ya drive ya car. Some people may be able to get the car to last for an hour provided that they use 1600mAH rechargable cells!
Old 05-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

Hey, thanks a lot for the help. I will be sure to try your ideas.

I have another question though. I have an original Super Brain charger. I want to get rechargable bateries for my Micro and a receiver pack for my nitro. Is my charger capable of charging these? Also, would I need to buy any attactchments?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2002, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Jake
I do not know the spec's on your charger, so I am shooting from the hip here. I had an old Tekin BC112c, but it puked 6 months ago. That did well for both receiver and batt's.

I have not broached the rechargable packs yet for the micro, but I think they are in the same catagory as receiver packs. Your super brain charger should work fine. Sould be able to do a 1C charge without a hitch. I charge my receiver packs at 1 amp for both the 1000's and the 1100.

However, if you want to get a bit anal and install the "C" size 3000's then you will need a better charger. )See the latest R/C Car for that article.) I been talking with Ron @ Pro Match and Danny of SMC on batteries. You will need a high peak detection for the sanyo cells than the std fixed rate of most chargers.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

B3BOY- No the Superbrain will not charge anything other than sub-c cells, now if you get the new superbrain it will,
Old 05-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

what Charger?

I didn't really think my Super Brain would work. I was thinking about getting the DuraTrax IntelliPeak. It is cheap and charges both types of bateries. Do you guys have any suggestions on a good charger that is not more than $75. I want to get rechargeble bateries for my micro, alkalines just wear down too fast.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Jake
I was in the LHS yesterday and talking to "the man". What he has done on his micro is a LRP reversable esc and uses nitro reciever packs. These are bigger than the micro packs Orion sells and you can use 540 motors on the car! I am going to go this route as my daughter smoked the esc and LRP are guaranteed for life. Plus the reciever pack gives ~ 45 min runtime.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

That sounds cool, I bet it would fly with a 540 motor on it. Wouldn't you need to buy a conversion kit or something to get it to fit?
Old 05-28-2002, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Check out this months (July 2002) R/C car mag for the article on the micro with a quatum reverse, 540 motor and 6 cell pack! I am at work so I do not have the article.