Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I just got into downtown Liberty City, I hardly ever play

Originally Posted by Solara
You damn generation X teenager....btw, what stage are you in now..? I just blew up some cars and shot down the LAPD helicoper, my 4 years old daughter is getting good at that....
Old 05-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Thanks guys.

Adam - Placed my order through website.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb
I have no rear grip on my MI3, it's setup per the Tarmac Test Day setup. I've removed the antirollbars and am using blue springs on the back, which improved things greatly but the car still spins out.

Is it something as simple as standing the rear shocks up, or something more serious
what tires are you running? I would also put the white springs in the rear instead of the blues. How is your rear diff set??
Old 05-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I know what you mean JB. I think that setup should be included in the manual.
Yep....the only changes I've made to it is 2.25degrees of rear toe & about 50% of shock rebound. Our bite at SIR isn't at all high but it's decent.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I'm running a lot of rear toe to help with the same issue, about 3.75 degree's of toe to be exact, I found that helps a ton.
Thanks mate i'll give it a try and report back.

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
what tires are you running? I would also put the white springs in the rear instead of the blues. How is your rear diff set??
Rear diff is very loose. Same handling with white springs. Have tried sorex 32 and 36 , take off cs 22 and power tires in 32 shore and they are all very similar
Old 05-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Default Very exciting day!!

A brief synopsis of practice today....

First off McGoo, I forgot along side the changes with the shock rebound and rear toe, the biggest difference is, I have the Med-flex arms on the car also.

I went into practice today with the mind set of finally settling on some things. I have 2 foam cars with different setups on them- different electronics- different radio settings.
I have 2 bodies to choose from too, the new Protoform R9F & the Parma Mohawk- 2 outstanding bodies for carpet btw....
I wanted to play with ROAR legal 13.5 motors too- the LRP, Hacker & SpeedPassion. I have a sneaky suspicion that SP could be the handout motor for the IIC. After today I hope so!
I've been running the LRP as of late and really have been pleased with the performance. In my other car though, the Hacker has been put through a few packs and it out performs the LRP, if only by a little bit plus it's couple with the SP GTv1.1. Very strong motor though.
The car I ran exclusively today has the TC Spec in it.
The newly revamped SP13.5 I just got, if history repeats itself, there's nothing but good things expected.
To do away with most of the details, practice didn't go as thorough as I would have liked but I didn't care. Once I strapped in the SP and geared it with a 39mm rollout (which was where I was at with the the 'non-legal' SP13.5s), I could tell the motor was okay but just didn't have that pop. Motor was only at 123 degrees too. Went up a couple teeth (from 37t to 39t), motor was better but gearing I wanted to push a bit- temped at 136 degrees, in my mind, gave me the okay to do so...LOL.
8 runs later, I ended up at a 41t pinion/96t spur combo. Finally on 56mm tires, that's somewhere between a 42-42mm rollout. Yeah baby!! Motor was a whoppin' 166 degrees & is the best 13.5 motor that I've driven to date.
The speed of this thing is insane!!
When I said that practice wasn't as thorough as I wanted, that wasn't a bad thing, LOL.
I ran both bodies- the Parma Mohawk is faster with this set-up. My average 20 laps with it, is .3 faster. 'Nuff said. No doubt the ROAR legal SP13.5 has ALOT to do with that. But the Mohawk feels more nimble & steers on the 'nose' harder. I like that. The only change I made to the car today is going to 1.25* of rear toe. Low 12's w/ a best of 12.146 was a awesome feeling today. A local Corally Hot Shoe turned a few high 11's with his 12th-scale with a 19t Komodo in it.
The MI3 is the best/fastest car I've driven, EVER, and having Schuie's top guys work hard to find these set-ups for us & actually give them to us mere mortals is an awesome thing. Big ups to McGoo/ Seaball for this one!!
On a side note-
Started a set of Jaco Magentas at 58mm today. Measured them after the 4 run & they were between 57.35-57.50mm. Tossed them after the 8th run and they were just a tad below 56mm!! No chunkage or excessive peelage to be noted. Good set-up indeed!! =)

End synopsis.....
Old 05-25-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb
Rear diff is very loose.
There's your problem.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks heaps guys for all your help. Will try to get some tuning done during the week but I will post up how it goes.

Cheers

Ash
Old 05-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey guys I am back from the reedy race. I placed 6th in the A. The car was really good but just had bad luck in the mains with a bad call in A2 and a bad mistake I made in A3 which costed me a podium finish. I will try and get my setup to Adam and see if he can post it. For anyone who is going to the nats I will be there if anyone needs help.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HEWITT
Hey guys I am back from the reedy race. I placed 6th in the A. The car was really good but just had bad luck in the mains with a bad call in A2 and a bad mistake I made in A3 which costed me a podium finish. I will try and get my setup to Adam and see if he can post it. For anyone who is going to the nats I will be there if anyone needs help.
congrats on making the A, i'll be one talking to at nats about setups, what day you showing up. I've been running a very "wide" car lately and i think i like it, not sure its "better" but for our track it works good. going to go back to the standard average set ups for this coming weekend to compare. by wide i mean, 3mm spacers on the front hinge pins, and on the rear, 4.5mm front and 2mm on the rear, right on the tip of 190mm.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Congrats on the finish brah I was wondering if anyone of us made it to the Reedy.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrat's on making the "A" at Reedy. Great combo Schuie and eXpress power.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skypilot
congrats on making the A, i'll be one talking to at nats about setups, what day you showing up. I've been running a very "wide" car lately and i think i like it, not sure its "better" but for our track it works good. going to go back to the standard average set ups for this coming weekend to compare. by wide i mean, 3mm spacers on the front hinge pins, and on the rear, 4.5mm front and 2mm on the rear, right on the tip of 190mm.

I Get there the 17th late at night. Yeah, I have been running 1mm in the front with a .5mm hex spacer and in the rear its 2.5 in the front and 1mm in the rear with a 1mm hex spacer. Not sure though what it takes my width to
Old 05-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

You did a great job making the A and having a chance at getting on the podium.You will get them next time.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I Get there the 17th late at night. Yeah, I have been running 1mm in the front with a .5mm hex spacer and in the rear its 2.5 in the front and 1mm in the rear with a 1mm hex spacer. Not sure though what it takes my width to
Steve "Magic" Marker and I will be sure to reserve you a special spot under the big top at Nats!

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 05-26-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.