Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Popularity of 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I run both and for the first two years I really enjoyed Nitro but this season I just had bad luck with my engines. The electric conversions are looking pretty appealing right now. There is a somewhat golf like achievement buzz you get when your nitro engine is spot on though.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i really want to do an 1/8th electric conversion, but i might just have to settle for a crt.5 which is fine, cause id be mostly for bashing. in an ideal world id have a gas and electric of both 1/8th and the .5 i think its time i get another job....
Old 11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doodad
1/8 elec. is intriguing. I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of the people doing it aren't buying a kit with the sole pupose of converting it to elec. A purpose-built 1/8 buggy elec. kit, CF chassis and what not, would certainly pique my interest.
Hundreds of people do and also with the Jammin CRT.5. Check out www.rc-monster.com/forum
Old 11-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I know Turbo is gonna laugh or something, but i heard 1/10th 4wd truck and just have to post this lol. Its affordable at least, so maybe some of you can get it and putt around with it at a track...

http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...no=TSUNAMI-EPX

http://cgi.ebay.com/Redcat-Tsunami-E...QQcmdZViewItem

Personally, im not one for driving mod but if there was a stock 4wd off-road class of any kind, id be all over it.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Personally, im not one for driving mod but if there was a stock 4wd off-road class of any kind, id be all over it.
Just put a stocker in a 4wd and run...you would be surprised. I won out at Pegasus with a 13.5 once. You crash less with less power...LOL
Old 11-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

it also sucks that parts arent widely available for the buggy i want

Academy SBV2 pro whyyyyyyyy

How did you win? Only person left after everyone broke? hehe.
Im just not a fan of mod. I dont think i have the skill to drive it well enough yet, 2wd or 4wd and figure if i jumped into it id lose a ton of money in broken parts because going faster = higher risk. At stock or even 19turn (or 10.5) speeds, if it was popular enough id do it.

Anyways, im just a broke college student as well...so thats another big reason i dont have one haha. Thats why i wanted to buy that electric redcat buggy, throw my 15turn p-94 that hasnt been used in years in it, and be like "LOL GUYS WATS UP"
Old 11-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

well ive always wanted an academy, before i even got into onroad (maybe 5-6 years ago?)...i had an ofna OB4 international electric RTR race thing...was awesome 2 belt car. Got it from pegasus as a matter of fact, went for $160. Raced it for a long time...then realized nobody carried parts so if it broke, i would be done. Never broke, but the risk was too high so i jumped on the TC3 bandwagon...but i was really wanting an STR4 Pro.

I also like to be unique lol, but that comes with its own problems apparently.

ZX-5? wahhh. Matter of fact, i was thinking converting my TC3 to the TC3 "O" and with my chassis, it sure would be interesting.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ultimate has Academy, so does Amain. Srew that thing, though...get a Kyosho. That way you don't have to carry a bunch of parts. Between James, me and all the other Kyosho Kooks out there, we'll have you covered.

BTW -- I just won it the old-fashioned way. Not crashing. It wasn't some hardcore night, with all the pros, just regular guys...me, James...I think Jeff and a couple other guys. It ain't always blistering speed or great driving prowess.

(Oh yeah...UCR '98 )

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
it also sucks that parts arent widely available for the buggy i want

Academy SBV2 pro whyyyyyyyy

How did you win? Only person left after everyone broke? hehe.
Im just not a fan of mod. I dont think i have the skill to drive it well enough yet, 2wd or 4wd and figure if i jumped into it id lose a ton of money in broken parts because going faster = higher risk. At stock or even 19turn (or 10.5) speeds, if it was popular enough id do it.

Anyways, im just a broke college student as well...so thats another big reason i dont have one haha. Thats why i wanted to buy that electric redcat buggy, throw my 15turn p-94 that hasnt been used in years in it, and be like "LOL GUYS WATS UP"
Old 11-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

i hate it when my post goes before the person's i was responding...

stupid forums lol.
oh yeah... UCR 2009, baby! Probably closer to 2010 though haha.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, CEN is coming out with an electric truggy 1/10th. It doesn't look like it is made for racing, but maybe some can hop it up enough to race.

http://www.cenracing.com/censports/me10tr.html
Old 11-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

SORRY
now i see its great
i realy liked the elec convert monsters.

sry againe.
but
its will be way expencive!!

Bar.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I agree with what's been said about to many classes , but if a new class is developed that's more durable, easier to drive and last longer , then I think that can renew interest in people that mite have gotten frustrated with the existing size and class, and also bring in new people, which is what 1/10 electric needs to compete with 1/8 gas.

Now you have the track size issue, some places only have 1/10 size tracks and others only have large blown out 1/8 size tracks .

Were I live in Phx. we now have three different size tracks, SRS (1/10) , Papago (mid.size) and the Nitro Pit (huge 1/8) .

At the Pit it's great for 1/8 , but I find it difficult to race 1/10 there because I'm old and can't see that good any more .

I like gas, I started racing gas and electric together, but I find my self leaning more towards electric now for ease, especially with BL/Lp, and no pit man needed , and it is more calm and relaxing , again probably because I'm getting old .

My favorite class is 10.5 BL/LP Truck, because at SRS club racing it's always the biggest most competitive class, and now we run 10min. mains.

In reality, in 1/10 I can go quite a long time with out breaking, but the strength and durability of 1/8 is pretty hard to beat , especially for beginners.

All this being said, I would love to see a 1/10 4wd BL/LP Truck that is built like an 1/8.

All of this has been discussed in this thread already. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173482

Here are couple of the current trucks that were talk about converting to BL/LP.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/kit.p...=66501&lang=en

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsand...ars/31097B.asp

This Kyosho has not officially been released,but it looks pretty nice.
there is another one that Is a buggy that I saw on A-main that mite be good as well but I can't find any real good pictures of it.
Here's the A-main link. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18396

I would like to see all these in person, the Hot Bodies, and the Kyosho buggy for the price look like they would be cheap enough to try to convert, The Kyosho truck looks really good, I just hope it's not super expensive.

Ether way when I get some extra money, I'm going to try to convert one of these, and see if SRS will let me run it with the other 4wd elec. and maybe it will work great and some of the other guys will be willing to build one and start a class of it's own.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Srew that thing, though...get a Kyosho. That way you don't have to carry a bunch of parts. Between James, me and all the other Kyosho Kooks out there, we'll have you covered.
(Oh yeah...UCR '98 )
Do you have any experience with the Sbv2? It the most durable 4wd buggy on the market. This is Fact.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Do you have any experience with the Sbv2? It the most durable 4wd buggy on the market. This is Fact.
after my main yesterday I tried to break it... I couldn't

I just wanted to see what it would take to break something. I tried everything that I can see happening during a race and nothing broke popped off, nothing. Just kept going.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Doodad
1/8 elec. is intriguing. I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of the people doing it aren't buying a kit with the sole pupose of converting it to elec. A purpose-built 1/8 buggy elec. kit, CF chassis and what not, would certainly pique my interest.
i bought a rc8 when they came out. just to convert to electric... all of the nitro components are unused and are for sale..
once i went to electric 1/8 i wont touch antoher nitro vehical..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.