How about an Associated RC10-T44?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about an Associated RC10-T44?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Default How about an Associated RC10-T44?

Now with all the hype about the B44, how about Associated making a T44 Truggy with the quick change wheels on it. This is a class waiting to get huge if somebody would take on the project to mass produce it!!!

Losi and AE need to look at this seriously!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

hmmm.. wouldnt it go along the lines of RC8T? T44 would be a 1/10 electric 4WD truck... not really a class thats racing at this point in time.....
Old 07-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

it sounds pretty cool to me , ray
Old 07-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Legend

Don`t need another truck class....
Old 07-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I think HPI made a 4wd electric off road truck not so long ago.... If I recall, it went over like a wet phart in church! Then again, I could be wrong!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craps
Now with all the hype about the B44, how about Associated making a T44 Truggy with the quick change wheels on it. This is a class waiting to get huge if somebody would take on the project to mass produce it!!!

Losi and AE need to look at this seriously!!!
I think that would be cool!! I am sure it will happen one day.

Originally Posted by NJA82
hmmm.. wouldnt it go along the lines of RC8T? T44 would be a 1/10 electric 4WD truck... not really a class thats racing at this point in time.....
yeah...... they would be the first to start making something like this, someone has to start every new class don't they? Or do they all get together and do it at the same time?? And what does a 1/10 4wd truck have to do with a 1/8 truck?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I like the idea Craps. Maybe the electric pro truckers can figure out a conversion kit. I've never owned a 1/10 offroad 4wd, but I see where a "T44" could fill a niche in that 4wd almost seems like overkill to me on most high traction 1/10 oriented tracks whereas all 1/10 buggies have trouble racing on big nitro tracks like you guys do with 2wd trucks on a regular basis.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

I think this would be a great class to develop. I've been looking at my BJ4 and my old T4 a lot lately and thinking how much fun a 4wd truck would be.
Associated pretty much was responsible for the explosion of the 2wd truck class in the early nineties with the introduction of the 10T. So why not?

Last edited by mfishel; 07-22-2007 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

LIPOS, BRUSHLESS, 4WD ELECTRIC TRUGGY, 20 MINUTE MAINS, ON A BIG NITRO TRACK.

SOUNDS LIKE FUN........

IT JUST NEEDS TO BE BUILT LIKE A TANK.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

with the rules that are in place from ROAR and IFMAR they dont allow a 4wd 1/10 truck. so if your a top level manufacturer that is into racing then why waste the time and money designing building and producing something that is illegal. as it is the 4wh class struggles anyway, in club nights. i do remeber HPI making a 4wd gas truck but not an electric one but again it is illegal. that is why they changed. with them changing that truck and the new 4wheeler they have im expecting them to put out a truck and a 2wh. i hope Kyosho also puts out a truck and then they could be four manufacturers in all three classes worth having.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

I don't think the sanctioning organizations are really a problem. R/C racing is still basically a bunch of 'outlaw' groups that cater to what is popular in their area. If it was anything else we would have some sort of meaningful championship and the ROAR Nats might actually signify something. Then this sport might actually start to get some recognition. Oh here I go again.
Anyway if there was a demand it would become available. Heck I've seen an Academy conversion on this forum already. And I know I could do a conversion for my BJ4.
Besides you have the 1/8 electric conversions that are getting popular. What is the IFMAR formula for that? The sanctioning organizations do not develop racing , they 'organize' it.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AzBobby
with the rules that are in place from ROAR and IFMAR they dont allow a 4wd 1/10 truck. so if your a top level manufacturer that is into racing then why waste the time and money designing building and producing something that is illegal. as it is the 4wh class struggles anyway, in club nights. i do remeber HPI making a 4wd gas truck but not an electric one but again it is illegal. that is why they changed. with them changing that truck and the new 4wheeler they have im expecting them to put out a truck and a 2wh. i hope Kyosho also puts out a truck and then they could be four manufacturers in all three classes worth having.

Ifmar doesn't even recognize a 1/10 scale truck class now anyways. At one time there was only 4wd stock, no mod no 2wd and no truck. A class does have to start somewhere and if it turns into a hit it continues to live. If not it becomes a basher have fun in your neighborhood toy.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mfishel
I don't think the sanctioning organizations are really a problem. R/C racing is still basically a bunch of 'outlaw' groups that cater to what is popular in their area. If it was anything else we would have some sort of meaningful championship and the ROAR Nats might actually signify something. Then this sport might actually start to get some recognition. Oh here I go again.
Anyway if there was a demand it would become available. Heck I've seen an Academy conversion on this forum already. And I know I could do a conversion for my BJ4.
Besides you have the 1/8 electric conversions that are getting popular. What is the IFMAR formula for that? The sanctioning organizations do not develop racing , they 'organize' it.
and i totally agree with you. as T Thomas said ifmar doesnt recognize 1/10 truck and i didnt mean to include that part as to the 1/10 trucks. my fault. as for the 1/8 conversions and the academy one which i also saw, very well done too. but these are private individuals doing the conversions. what i am refering too is that a manufacturer would spend the design time, development,tooling and the whole manufacturer process for a car or truck to be built that is yet to be recognized by the racing organizations. however a point could be made that if you build it they will change their views, like brushless and maybe soon lipo.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

I so hope that brushless and lipo are allowed to develop. I also hope that 1/8 scale electric really takes off with those technologies powering them.
It is my fear that some day soon the enviro-nazis will pounce on our sport and legislate the nitro engines out of existence. Just as you can't get a MX bike with a 2-stroke engine, we may soon be forced to develop cleaner burning 4-stroke powerplants to motivate our little racers. And the current nitro 2-strokes are about as dirty as you can get. In fact I'm surprised it isn't happening already.
So think green guys and start looking at the new stuff out there. Besides, they are faster. An electric motor is as powerful as the energy you put in to it. Where as an internal combustion engine has a certain level of available energy.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Great, just what we need another class to dilute the current classes even more.

I remember back iwhen there were 20-30 racers in the 2 or 3 club race classes in the old days and now with all the classes you can't even fill a single class. Even the big races had alot of racers. My first big race was the '91 Nationals and there were 190 mod buggies. It got so bad they actually split the stock and mod Nationals into two seperate events. Now what do they bring in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.