Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP
If you are not already, run the 12mm rotor. And I run zero drag brake with as little stab brake as I can still go fast with. I am running a 17t pinion on the bigger tracks with the 12mm rotor. Don't forget the fan on the speedo!

I am running a lightened chassis so maybe drop one tooth from where I am for the weight difference.

Another big one is your throttle control. When I race mine I have to think 12th scale and making 8 minute run times. Smooth on and off the throttle and don't pull full throttle on the straight every lap.
Why not the 14mm? I'm down to a 12t pinion with my 12mm 4.5 and came off the track last night at 180. Zero drag, zero minimum, and 50% brake.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you are not already, run the 12mm rotor. And I run zero drag brake with as little stab brake as I can still go fast with. I am running a 17t pinion on the bigger tracks with the 12mm rotor. Don't forget the fan on the speedo!

I am running a lightened chassis so maybe drop one tooth from where I am for the weight difference.

Another big one is your throttle control. When I race mine I have to think 12th scale and making 8 minute run times. Smooth on and off the throttle and don't pull full throttle on the straight every lap.
Casey. That is EXACTLY how I drive. And when it comes down to it I know I can pull at least 2 more teeth on the pinion in a long main. Its also a nice 'push to pass button'. I think the problem is most people have not had to deal with 4cell sces a 16triple and 8minutes in a tiny car.

I'd suggest that the best thing is to start with the 3/4ths of the the straight top speed rule for gearing. My guess is most people will be 1-2 two teeth less with almost identical lap times.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nta01
Unfortunately, I can't do Thursday anymore. FF is getting too popular. Got to go to work in the morning.
I'm retiring from Thursday too, Friday at work was not fun.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wild gopher
I'm retiring from Thursday too, Friday at work was not fun.
Can I run your pro-lite motor?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Bizkt Racing
some one tell me why NC is going to be at FF and not the pit for?????????
FF is to small for a big event like that that track has to grow some. not saying any thing bad about it i like it but just needs to get bigger. inform me on this one guys. i know i havnt been around a few months but comon ppl work with me lol. pm me why
The Nightro Challigne will be of the chin dewd!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

Kenny
+1 on Washington track, dirt looked sweet!
Props on kids races, did you just start that this week?
+1 on high fives
Outbursts: Start a Swear jar? We could have a separate generator just for 1/10 track paid for in quarters, and escalators for the drivers stands!
Kids marshaling limit: What age did you have in mind? McKenzi is 8. She does ok flipping for another novice race or MT, but she's a bit timid to jump out in front of the fast cars. Self-preservation is ok with me, but it's tough on those racing.

Anyone running losi trucks at FF 1/10th track, are you switching down to 50t spur for super tight track or stay 48?

thanks!
Travis
Old 07-25-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kenny and I have been talking about how to make sure racing is over by 11 or 11:30 at the absolute latest if he keeps getting 70+ entries.

The first big problem was that people were still trying to sign up until 7:30pm. That will end quick, at some point soon if you miss the end of sign ups you will have to wait until round 2 to race. Kenny is just working out a way to make sure everyone can call in a sign up if they are running late. There are so many new racers coming weekly that it will take some time to make sure everyone is up to speed. So please try to sign up as soon as you arrive at the track to help prevent a giant line forming at 6:45 like we had last week.

The second big thing is we're looking at adjusting the program based on entries. We were getting 7 heats on average running 5 min quals and 10 minute A-mains worked great. But if we get 10 heats, we might go to 4 minute quals and 7 minute A-mains (this shortens the program almost 40 minutes). Personally I think taking one minute off of qualifiers is a lot better than having to run 5 minutes A-mains. We all love longer mains.

So the bottom line is that race time will be adjusted by turnouts to try and hit a target finish time. Hopefully we can do this and never have to go below 7 minute A-mains.

So don't give up on Thursdays completely. Kenny understands that most people have to work in the morning and is working hard to make sure the program is as efficient as possible. Fear Farm's racer base is growing so fast (with people completely new to racing) that it's taking everyone by surprise. But with Kenny I guarantee he's always working to make things better and better every week.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

70+ racers on a Thursday! What a wonderful problem to have lol!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
70+ racers on a Thursday! What a wonderful problem to have lol!
Thats more than some tracks get for a weekend race, thats great for us.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyway to e-mail signups in or set up an online signup? I know collecting the $$ could be chalenging. Just a thought?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Casey,
Thanks for the reply. I thought the Novak Truhe Edition with the 14mm rotor was specifically made to handle the Losi's weight?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

I might be wrong, but I think you can text a sign up in to Kenny?

Originally Posted by THE DAD
Anyway to e-mail signups in or set up an online signup? I know collecting the $$ could be chalenging. Just a thought?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Are you running this setup in the Phoenix heat?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Juice
No chit, my stock 4.5 would ignite into flames after 30 seconds with a 17t pinion, haha.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Juice
No Tucson heat Lmfao

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.