GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chris K
There's always the Heart of America series in Lincoln, NE

www.heartofamericaseries.com

Consistent IGT class and a growing Electric GT class.
It’s refreshing to know that the "Heart of America Series" still has a sensible set of GT rules that encourage the growth of the class and are proud to have them in print for everyone to see. The "Firecracker" is on the list for next year.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
It’s refreshing to know that the "Heart of America Series" still has a sensible set of GT rules that encourage the growth of the class and are proud to have them in print for everyone to see. The "Firecracker" is on the list for next year.
"Sensible Set of Rules" Strong words Jspeed. I like it....and I've read 'em !!

Jacko
Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

I disagree with the set motor list on a national/world level event. I can't see a set of rules like that working for a national let alone a worldwide standard. We all do things different than each other so the limitations should only be .21-.28 motor wise. It’s very simple. At big events this is very safe and very easy to manage. This also doesn't push manufacturers away from showing interest in our class. We see new chassis, motors, tires and electronics show up all the time because it’s an open market.

In my mind you shouldn't be going to a large event expecting to beat World/National Champion racers and then stepping back and saying its tires or motor when you don't. Yes the top drivers have very fast motors, yes they have lots of tires to go through, what everyone seems to miss is they are significantly better drivers than the rest. The wins come from driving and experience not motor or who has the most companies on their shirt. You earn sponsors either by building relationships with the teams or being that driver that really stands out. When you are at the level to compete with them chances are you will have companies on your shirt as well.

Now the flip side of that coin is the local crowd. Each track has a set of locals attached to it, the real heart of GT racing. If they want to set up their own rules to run as a club more power to them. For local club racing set rules if agreed upon by all are great and can add a bit of spice to the mix. It’s pretty cool to see what others are using to make the racing more their flavor. However setting limits for a hosted race may save you money but it makes just as many if not more travelers spend money on a one time use motor.

We run 100% open here in Utah and it works great. 3500 grams with a .21-.28 and lets race! The top drivers are in fact drivers. You cannot buy your way to the top here, you have to drive your way. I've seen crazy modified motors and monster run time but that still won’t get you a win here unless you are very smooth and consistent. Every win here is earned by driving plain and simple. We have a wide range of drivers here from sponsored to just picked up a control for the first time. We all set realistic expectations of our performance and then set out to grow together in preparation for bigger events. If we aren't growing together and getting faster we are falling even further behind the National/World circuit.

GT is evolving everyday and that is exciting to me. I plan to do what I need to do to stay current as living in the past will only put me further back in the field.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
I disagree with the set motor list on a national/world level event. I can't see a set of rules like that working for a national let alone a worldwide standard. We all do things different than each other so the limitations should only be .21-.28 motor wise. It’s very simple. At big events this is very safe and very easy to manage. This also doesn't push manufacturers away from showing interest in our class. We see new chassis, motors, tires and electronics show up all the time because it’s an open market.

In my mind you shouldn't be going to a large event expecting to beat World/National Champion racers and then stepping back and saying its tires or motor when you don't. Yes the top drivers have very fast motors, yes they have lots of tires to go through, what everyone seems to miss is they are significantly better drivers than the rest. The wins come from driving and experience not motor or who has the most companies on their shirt. You earn sponsors either by building relationships with the teams or being that driver that really stands out. When you are at the level to compete with them chances are you will have companies on your shirt as well.

Now the flip side of that coin is the local crowd. Each track has a set of locals attached to it, the real heart of GT racing. If they want to set up their own rules to run as a club more power to them. For local club racing set rules if agreed upon by all are great and can add a bit of spice to the mix. It’s pretty cool to see what others are using to make the racing more their flavor. However setting limits for a hosted race may save you money but it makes just as many if not more travelers spend money on a one time use motor.

We run 100% open here in Utah and it works great. 3500 grams with a .21-.28 and lets race! The top drivers are in fact drivers. You cannot buy your way to the top here, you have to drive your way. I've seen crazy modified motors and monster run time but that still won’t get you a win here unless you are very smooth and consistent. Every win here is earned by driving plain and simple. We have a wide range of drivers here from sponsored to just picked up a control for the first time. We all set realistic expectations of our performance and then set out to grow together in preparation for bigger events. If we aren't growing together and getting faster we are falling even further behind the National/World circuit.

GT is evolving everyday and that is exciting to me. I plan to do what I need to do to stay current as living in the past will only put me further back in the field.
+1000
Well said Sir! Hope to race with you someday.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I concur, we here in Utah have a great and diverse group of GT racers and we all live with simple rules and encourage the development of drivers with help and information to make them better drivers .
Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Excellent!! cant see how anyone can argue with this, it is simply the truth
Old 08-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes very well said. Was just talking to a friend who travels a lot especially for gt class and all I can say is " rc racing and economical are 2 words that simply don't go in the same sentence" the fast are fast with a $200 or a $600 motor. Races are won in the infield, not down the straight!
If u wanna race economical race tcs
Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Amen brother !
Old 08-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Originally Posted by jrz93
Yes very well said. Was just talking to a friend who travels a lot especially for gt class and all I can say is " rc racing and economical are 2 words that simply don't go in the same sentence" the fast are fast with a $200 or a $600 motor. Races are won in the infield, not down the straight!
If u wanna race economical race tcs

Very well said
I should have the freedom to get a $200 or a $600 when I race
And I see people winning with motors that don't cost that much anyway
It depends on what you want and how you use it
Choose your weapon and race
No need to limit the dollar amount of a motor
Old 09-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Z
Tech Master

I am the series director for the Heart of America Series. After I saw you guys talking about our rules, I went and looked. Somehow, the wrong motor rules got back on our website. There is no motor list. Only a $300 limit. No bigger than .28.

Z
Old 09-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Z
Tech Master

Z

Last edited by Z; 09-10-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: duplicate message
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

I can understand the feelings behind some of these comments and I feel they all stem from the truth .... no one here is wrong in what they say.
Yes you can win with a $150 engine .....
You should be allowed to race what engine you like ....
etc ... etc

But think of this ..... racing is a comparative sport. Have you ever been to a Snail Derby? .... (Snail Racing) People get very excited about it. Sprints are over an inch long race .... medium full race is 3 inches and endurance are 6 inches and above.
Hardly electrifyingly fast racing which ever you choose......!!
My point is you need to race against like-wize cars
(No good placing you Snail against a centapede is it now ..... very unfair!

But also its not fair if you have a different species racing against you. Just as racing Indy car against Formula 1. Same open wheel racing car but different species.
So we can all run our GT cars, but we need to have restrictions within the rules to ensure we do not have different species racing against each other.
That way, you can race your fully modded .28 at minimum weight against likewize cars while my son can race his single speed, $150 .21 offroad engined buggy with his GT shell on and slick tires against similar "Spec" ... or stock cars. Yes he may still get very similar times to the Mod engines cars out there ..... well some of them piloted by clowns like me haha.....
But he's racing against his own class of cars ..... his own species.

Remember also. ...... no matter how much work I do to my car or how much money I put into modding my engine.... I wont be in the A main with Mr. Morganti and the likes..... but it may beat the others around my skill level if I am allowed to run my highly modded car/engine against other more "stock like" cars........ Is that really fair? Isn't that like bringing a club to a UFC fight?
Its still fighting.......

What do you think?
Lol .... somewhere in this dribble is my point. Thank you for reading.

British Menace
Old 09-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Yes you can win with a $150 engine .....
You should be allowed to race what engine you like ....
etc ..

.... no matter how much work I do to my car or how much money I put into modding my engine.... I wont be in the A main with Mr. Morganti and the likes..... but it may beat the others around my skill level if I am allowed to run my highly modded car/engine against other more "stock like" cars........ Is that really fair?

What do you think?
Lol .... somewhere in this dribble is my point. Thank you for reading.

British Menace
A talented racer driving a slow car can never win a race against a talented driver with a fast car, unless of course, everyone else racing in the main DNF’s in front of him/her; this is true regardless if the driver is a “pro”, or not.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

A talented racer driving a slow car can never win a race against a talented driver with a fast car, unless of course, everyone else racing in the main DNF’s in front of him/her; this is true regardless if the driver is a “pro”, or not.
Actually Thats not not correct.
I have watched a talented driver win a National A main with 3 wheels ..... deffinately a slow car!. OK the others were catching him but he lasted about 5 minutes in the lead in that condition. ...... and he was lapping fasted on three wheels then I could on four. Lol

BM
Old 09-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Actually Thats not not correct.
I have watched a talented driver win a National A main with 3 wheels ..... deffinately a slow car!. OK the others were catching him but he lasted about 5 minutes in the lead in that condition. ...... and he was lapping fasted on three wheels then I could on four. Lol

BM
Actually, your story proves my point.

If a talented racer was able to hold the lead to win on only three tires, with five minutes left in a main and nobody could catch him; he must have had a much faster car than everyone in the field.

Was it because the guy was “Superman” or did he have a fast car that allowed him to have already lapped the field a bazillion times before dropping a tire?

Were the rest of the drivers in the main of equal caliber or was it like a “dead-ringer” situation?

If two guys are running the same cars and both racers are of equal driving talent, the one with more horsepower will always have the upper hand.

Think of it this way, if you ever see an average Joe in a Hyundai Accent beat a pro racer in a Ferrari 458 on the race track, it’s because the guy in the Hyundai is God’s new gift to the auto racing world or because the Ferrari just broke or scored a DNF.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.