Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revoluv
,but I would reconize that radio intenna anywhere...
Looks like those days may be gone.........
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Like cr said-both tracks offer a good time. I remember G's last year being the lowest traction track I ran on so it was challenging. Drums is a 1/8 course-big n fun. Since I'll be east this weekend, I may try to hit hobby hut on Sunday for the first time this year
Old 06-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a new date for the charity race?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike
Rescheduling the Ronald McDonald House Charity race for June 25, 26, and 27th, 2010.

If you would like to sponsor, donate or provide an R/C related product for the door prizes, please let me know.

Let's raise as much money as we can for the RMHC.
Here you go Rob.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Looks like those days may be gone.........

What do you mean???
Old 06-11-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lovell
G's would be almost a 2 hour drive from Altoona...
Drums would be almost a 3 hour drive from Altoona...

I ran at both tracks this year and they have been a great experience...

Load the vehicles up and experience new tracks, see how other tracks are run, meet new faces, and spread the word about your home track...

Nice trophy race at McCullough's this Saturday...2 hour drive but worth every mile...If you want to race against the best in the western Pa and Ohio area...go this Saturday and see for yourself...great run program, a lot of talent and also a challenging track layout

Don't be afraid...put it down and run it...the way to be a better driver/racer is to travel to other tracks and learn...

I agree,being that I just started racing last August I am just now getting around to seeing new places and new faces and its awesome!!!!had a great time at Lostcreek and cant wait to see McCulloughs track and G's and a few others in surrounding area.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hambone
Is there a new date for the charity race?

Hambone,the charity race was reschedule for June 25,26,27...
Old 06-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What do you mean???
Tom figured out that his M11 was causing glitching in his vehicles so he is looking for a new radio. He had been chasing the problem now for a couple of weeks.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Maddmaxx,this is jim,I helped tune your Revo the day you and your uncle came to the track.Did you get the associated buggy yet?

Not sure you got the right guy hehe, I haven't been out there yet
Old 06-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by robwike
Jim, the guy you helped with his uncle is Todd. We never met MaadMaxx. Hopefully he can make it down sunday.

Probably gonna be a week or two till I can make it out for the first time, got a lot of things to do this weekend, especially sunday. Plus I am waiting on a new servo to come for my Ten-T.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, couple of months now-all season, every race day. Its been fun I ordered an M11X to try out.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovell
G's would be almost a 2 hour drive from Altoona...
Drums would be almost a 3 hour drive from Altoona...

I ran at both tracks this year and they have been a great experience...

Load the vehicles up and experience new tracks, see how other tracks are run, meet new faces, and spread the word about your home track...

Nice trophy race at McCullough's this Saturday...2 hour drive but worth every mile...If you want to race against the best in the western Pa and Ohio area...go this Saturday and see for yourself...great run program, a lot of talent and also a challenging track layout

Don't be afraid...put it down and run it...the way to be a better driver/racer is to travel to other tracks and learn...
In addition to...

I am not saying...do not support the local track...off weeks and off days, go and race at another track and you will see drastic improvements in your driving skills and set-up skills...

This statement is a general statement and not towards any one person...
Old 06-11-2010, 05:59 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Yeah, couple of months now-all season, every race day. Its been fun I ordered an M11X to try out.
It's a win win situation for everyone. Something that works and a shorter, non-lethal antenna.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:10 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KARO
Uhhh...it would be an "engine" on the way...smart a$$. There were quite a few e-scale issues that people were experiencing...one guy had a motor problem, a couple others had speeder problems, and yet another had a battery problem...what's going on?
Electric problems are mostly "user error". Haas is the one that burned up 2 speeders, but he is only 23. So his mind is so cluttered with thoughts of beer parties and young chicks that I'm not even sure he knows what an ESC is. Roeder had battery problems with an inexpensive soft-case.....you get what you pay for. Brad had a multitude of problems, electric and nitro......I think it was just his turn in the barrel.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:12 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OSR
Electric problems are mostly "user error". Haas is the one that burned up 2 speeders, but he is only 23. So his mind is so cluttered with thoughts of beer parties and young chicks that I'm not even sure he knows what an ESC is. Roeder had battery problems with an inexpensive soft-case.....you get what you pay for. Brad had a multitude of problems, electric and nitro......I think it was just his turn in the barrel.
Roeder's wasn't really a problem.....the battery still works!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.