Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree451Likes

Mayako

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

In others news I saw Beach rc is no longer the American distributor for Mayako. This made me really happy to see and now makes me want to buy the car.

Not that I don’t like Beach Rc, it’s because I really hate them. In case you care, who most will not. I put an order for over $200.00 in Procircuit tires on a Wednesday evening. Friday evening roles around and they still did not ship. So started thinking that’s odd they usually ship quick. Monday I get call asking if I want a refund on the tires or different compound because they sold them out the trailer at Fall Brawl. So I say no biggie just send what you have in stock. Then I start thinking 🤔 this is some BS. So I call them and say just cancel the order, to which they said okay will do. Either way these companies gotta step up their game with Amazon. People hate on Jeff Bezos, but he always gets my stuff delivered in a day or two. None of this we ran out of stock cause we can’t manage our inventory correctly.

I also returned any and everything I had previously purchased that was still new in the package so they would have it for the trailer.
purplemonkey likes this.

Last edited by Mickey_B; 01-07-2022 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
In others news I saw Beach rc is no longer the American distributor for Mayako. This made me really happy to see and now makes me want to buy the car.

Not that I don’t like Beach Rc, it’s because I really hate them. In case you care, who most will not. I put an order for over $200.00 in Procircuit tires on a Wednesday evening. Friday evening roles around and they still did not ship. So started thinking that’s odd they usually ship quick. Monday I get call asking if I want a refund on the tires or different compound because they sold them out the trailer at Fall Brawl. So I say no biggie just send what you have in stock. Then I start thinking 🤔 this is some BS. So I call them and say just cancel the order, to which they said okay will do. Either way these companies gotta step up their game with Amazon. People hate on Jeff Bezos, but he always gets my stuff delivered in a day or two. None of this we ran out of stock cause we can’t manage our inventory correctly.

I also returned any and everything I had previously purchased that was still new in the package so they would have it for the trailer.
Yeah, sadly that fell through. Fortunately the powers that be thought ahead and had contingency plans in place. As I understand it, there will still be a MayakoUSA website and a company handling parts orders for the US. So we’re all good there.

Every time I ordered from Beach, it’s always taken a couple days for them to process orders. It’s kinda frustrating. I’m on the west coast, so I usually order from AMain. Even when things come from their east coast warehouse, it’s on the way the next day.

purplemonkey likes this.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello MX304,

The C&D Blocks are custom made for them. And They are using MBX6 Rear Arm.

Cheers..

You can use this

from Swedish edtion in Sweden

i would buy Mugens now tough
Old 01-08-2022, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Medic29358
Yeah, sadly that fell through. Fortunately the powers that be thought ahead and had contingency plans in place. As I understand it, there will still be a MayakoUSA website and a company handling parts orders for the US. So we’re all good there.

Every time I ordered from Beach, it’s always taken a couple days for them to process orders. It’s kinda frustrating. I’m on the west coast, so I usually order from AMain. Even when things come from their east coast warehouse, it’s on the way the next day.
Yes I am thinking they want to be like Tesla and have direct sales to consumers. No middle person.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

A Mayako member not so long back was quite triumphant about Beach RC being a dealer. I wonder what happened there?

Not sure narrow vs wide will be a deal breaker for the majority of racers. As I understand it, narrow pivot normally results in more grip, but is less forgiving. So on rough, worn tracks, wider pivot might prove more consistent.

The thing is, personal driving style will also determine who gets on best with which type. Thus it's impossible to determine which is better, because of the variables.

Ideally, you can choose parts to allow for either at both front and rear ends.

​​​
Old 01-08-2022, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Horatio
A Mayako member not so long back was quite triumphant about Beach RC being a dealer. I wonder what happened there?

Not sure narrow vs wide will be a deal breaker for the majority of racers. As I understand it, narrow pivot normally results in more grip, but is less forgiving. So on rough, worn tracks, wider pivot might prove more consistent.

The thing is, personal driving style will also determine who gets on best with which type. Thus it's impossible to determine which is better, because of the variables.

Ideally, you can choose parts to allow for either at both front and rear ends.

​​​
In my opinion couple things happened.

Beach RC would give out sponsorships thus competing with consumers that paid to become member. Eventually the people would figure why pay for a membership when I can get a sponsorship and pay the the same as a member.

The other big one is Beach Rc and for that matter any other distributor adds only marginal value. Take Sworkz for example Amain was the distributor and didn’t really care how the brand did from a racers perspective by not signing big drivers, pushing the brand or marketing it. Resulting in the brand failing and amain not distributing it. I think for Mayako this is a great approach as it allow them to keep tighter control over there product and cuts out the Middle man. Xray has done a great job of this with RC America as that is the primary product they sell and sponsoring a bunch of drivers. I’m guessing they will set up some type of Mayako RC America that focuses exclusively on the brand.
Horatio likes this.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

In my opinion couple things happened.

Beach RC would give out sponsorships thus competing with consumers that paid to become member. Eventually the people would figure why pay for a membership when I can get a sponsorship and pay the the same as a member.

The other big one is Beach Rc and for that matter any other distributor adds only marginal value. Take Sworkz for example Amain was the distributor and didn’t really care how the brand did from a racers perspective by not signing big drivers, pushing the brand or marketing it. Resulting in the brand failing and amain not distributing it. I think for Mayako this is a great approach as it allow them to keep tighter control over there product and cuts out the Middle man. Xray has done a great job of this with RC America as that is the primary product they sell and sponsoring a bunch of drivers. I’m guessing they will set up some type of Mayako RC America that focuses exclusively on the brand.
Perhaps there was a conflict of interest.

I just read on LiveRC:

"Brent Densford explained his disappointment in the situation and apologized to the loyal JQ Racing customer base for not being able to deliver on his word after the details of the deal were changed unbeknown to him."

Seems Mayako moved the goal posts. Beach RC said 'nah' and walked away with their ball.
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

i will disagree with you on amazon. i hate ordering from them with a passion. order 5 items at 5 different times. they just up and cancelled 3 orders without telling me. go back and look and they said they had plenty of inventory they just didnt want to ship per vendor they where getting the products from. so EVERY company has issues.
Buckland and outcast32 like this.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

Originally Posted by Horatio
Perhaps there was a conflict of interest.

I just read on LiveRC:

"Brent Densford explained his disappointment in the situation and apologized to the loyal JQ Racing customer base for not being able to deliver on his word after the details of the deal were changed unbeknown to him."

Seems Mayako moved the goal posts. Beach RC said 'nah' and walked away with their ball.
correct on that. the behind closed door issues all companies have and go thru..
Horatio likes this.
Old 01-08-2022, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MX304
MBX6 C&D blocks. Not sure which arms they used. I have seen a few pics with what looked like MBX6 arms, and other pics that had some arms with the carbon plates which was never an option with the MBX6. Might have been Mugen prototype parts, or maybe something from an SWorkz that had a narrow pivot design.
FWIW, Adam mentioned in a recent video talking about the MBX8R that the buggy he had in front of him was his MBX8 with the R prototype parts that will be in the kit - so essentially he had an R in front of him.
Horatio likes this.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
i will disagree with you on amazon. i hate ordering from them with a passion. order 5 items at 5 different times. they just up and cancelled 3 orders without telling me. go back and look and they said they had plenty of inventory they just didnt want to ship per vendor they where getting the products from. so EVERY company has issues.
Are you ordering directly from Amazon or a third party? I’m gonna have to call you on that no way AMAZON the company just up and cancelled your 3 orders. 3rd party that was not prime 2 day shipping maybe. Some specifics on what you ordered and timeline would make you more believable.

I order a crazy amount of stuff from Amazon and cant recall anything being cancelled.

Anyhow really might have to go through with that Mayako membership.

Last edited by Mickey_B; 01-08-2022 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Are you ordering directly from Amazon or a third party? I’m gonna have to call on that no way AMAZON the company just up and cancelled your 3 orders. 3rd party that was not prime maybe.

I order a crazy amount of stuff from Amazon and cant recall anything being cancelled.

Anyhow really might have to go through with that Mayako membership.
directly from amazon.com website. and a prime member.. 3d filement.. 3 orders just cancelled. no reason.. so ya im going to call you out on that.. EVERY company has issues.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

directly from amazon.com website. and a prime member.. 3d filement.. 3 orders just cancelled. no reason.. so ya im going to call you out on that.. EVERY company has issues.
Also never a single issue with Absolute Hobbies, Rc America, Amain, or Tekno. Ordered from them last five years so it’s a little bit of wishful thinking to say EVRY company has inventory issues.

Anyhow let’s all get back to discussing Mayako.

Last edited by Mickey_B; 01-08-2022 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

correct on that. the behind closed door issues all companies have and go thru..
Most companies have been through the mill for the last 2 years as it is.

Let's hope 2022 brings a better 12 months for everyone. I look forward to seeing a full compliment of manufacturers at the big races this year and hope to see how the Mayako stacks up - all eyes are on Ronnefalk.

No pressure or anything...... 🤣
​​​​​

Old 01-08-2022, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Regards Amazon Prime vs what Beach RC did - I think taking parts that your customers have already placed orders for, only to take them to an event and sell them there instead is a very poor show. It should always be - first come, first serve.

You'd like to think that it was some kind of error, surely? Hardly a supply issue. The fact that they told you quite 'matter of fact' about it, smacks of DGAF attitude. Not cool.

As for Amazon Prime - I don't do a lot with them, but my wife does. Stuff just magically appears in the post, often the next day. Very impressive. However, more than once, orders have been randomly late and then cancelled. If it was a re-seller, my Wife wasn't aware of this. I'm fairly certain it was a stock file error - ie computer states in stock, but reality being 0 stock at the warehouse - thus order cancelled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.