SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Oh okay you have any links if its to hard to get some dont bother I was just wondering because they look awesome.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 03-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just received my thrust bearing assembly from Slapmaster Tools. Why is it recommended to use an aluminum locknut instead of the nylon nut?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: New MS

Originally posted by Slapmaster6000
Don't try and cheat and use a plastic nut now! You put more force on the diff nut and the plastic one will fail and cost you a run.

Brian
Fuzzy, here is a direct quote from Brian in page 2 regarding plastic diff nut.

Dom
Old 03-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

I've always been impressed by the MonkeySpanker ever since first seeing Brian's prototype, but have to admit that I fancied it as a very nice hat, rather like the English Cheesecutter style.

I reckon by next carpet season I'll own a Spanker, but I'll still be trying to hang on to Dom's rear bumper no matter what !!

Jacko
Old 03-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Diff Thrust Bearings

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to take a moment to promote some shameless advertising and "thank everyone" for this last years support of Slapmaster Tools. I hope that most everyone has been satisfied with the products that I have been selling, with the support and I certianly I like to hear from you. Slapmaster Tools is a hobbiest level R & D shop that can bring products to market that the big manufactures can not afford to look at. Molded carbon fiber? Really.... who's gonna tackle that one? The MS2.2 has been a work in progress and as a result, I have been very happy with the results the direction the car is going. It's true, it's not a car for everyone. It is a car that can elevate the intermediate driver or take a top level driver just that much further. Rest assured, that refinements from the 2004-05 winter season will turn out an even more exciting car this coming fall. The diff thrust kits have been just amazing. They sell themselves. I can see the word of mouth in action by the locations that I ship to. Just so that everyone knows, I am still trying to wear out my original thrust kit in my mod car. It looks as if I will have to continue this effort next fall. I know have two full seasons on my modified car's diff with the same balls and plates.... and yes.... still feels like glass ("butter" if you are with the cool kids). This diff has been run with nothing less then a 10 turn at least once a week at local and large events. I will carry these in stock all summer for those that are doing out door racing. They are $30 each. Wholesale pricing is available for LHS.

Again, "Thanks" for your support!

Brian; Slapmaster Tools, www.slapmastertools.com [email protected]
Old 04-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Is someone going to try it outdoors?
I would love to know how the spanker goes in the sunshine!
Old 04-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Outdoors?

That's a good question. Who will try it out doors? We do not have a 12th scale outdoor program in my area. Honestly, I have never even turned a single lap out doors in a 12th scale car. I wouldn't even know where to begin! Please, anyone interested in outdoors with the MS2.2, speak up.

I want to congratulate Dominic Chung for winning the Region 11 Champs in Stock class in Salem Oregon at R/C Plus!!! And he took TQ honnors as well. This car now has two consecutive region titles in region 11.

Nice job Dom!!!

Brian
Old 04-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

DOMINATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would try it outdoors....... but we dont have a outdoor 1/12 program (wish we did though). Maybe we can talk debbie into letting us try it lol.

-Korey
Old 04-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Outdoors?

I want to congratulate Dominic Chung for winning the Region 11 Champs in Stock class in Salem Oregon at R/C Plus!!! And he took TQ honnors as well. This car now has two consecutive region titles in region 11.

Nice job Dom!!!

Brian
Thanks Brian! I couldn't do it without your expertise at all. You truly IS the Michelangelo of 1/12th scale!

It was a realy tough fight in the Main consider I have no new batts compare to other racers and I was running old old tired packs. I ended up TQ'ing a lap ahead of the 2nd place guy. In the 1st A, I bobbled and he took the win, I came in 2nd, 2nd qualifer Sam took the win. A2, I traction rolled touching a pipe and by the time marshall freed me up, I was in absolutely dead last with 1/2 lap behind 7th place guy and the leader being the 2nd qualifer was coming up fast to lap me. I thought to myself, just drive the damn thing, now you have nothing to lose cause if anything it is already lost. I drove hard and tight and came up all the way from last to pass 2nd place guys with 4 laps to go and win in the A2, 2nd qualifier Sam bobbled and took 4th. So at that point we were both tied at 1 win a piece so A3 is where the show is. A3 starts and I took a clean escape and just took off, right off the batt I knew I would struggle in this main cause I felt no punch out of my batts at all. I was leading and brushed the pipe onto the straight, flipped on my side and 2nd place guy hits me dead on. I was at the point in 2nd, Sam in 3rd. Somehow I came up to a backmarker and got put into the pipe, 2nd place Sam passed me and I was hot and was vocal on the stand, when corner finally cleared me, I grabbed the throttle and stuck myself in the pipe across again, that was an 18.6 sec lap when I was running 9.5 all day. At that point I was WAY behind. Sam took off after the leader and I don't know what happened, I thought it was all over so I just drove it..... ended up 4th, 2nd qualifier Sam took 2nd.

So here how my score went, 99. 100, 97.... Sam's score 100, 97, 99. So we tied in the best 2 mains, tied in 3rd main so we had to go with lap tie breaker...... and I pulled 2 laps more than he did, so that was it.

I was in absolute bad shape in the pits, Wes my mentor thought the same thing that I just tossed it out the window until race director announced I won by laps tie breaker. What a surprise! Car was working absolute awesome and fastest in the corners, a truly class of its own. It was my lack of experience being my first regional race and my nerves that created some bad mistakes on my part that I could have just took the A1 win to seal it up with the A2 win. But it created some real exciting racing this weekend. Quite a few out of town racers paid "pilgrimage" to the Spanker this weekend and the car was TRULY a class of its own. Thanks to Brian and Slapmaster Tools,and my mentor Wes for helping me out on anything I need. Also ChadK's late night advices and beer talk as well. And TS Tuning for motor advice!!!

Sorry for the long post but that's the story and life of a R/C racer.

Dom

Last edited by litespeed-dom; 04-04-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Great post and Great story about why to never toss it out the window!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default MS2.2 in Xtreme RC Cars Magazine

Check out p. 156!!!

Dom
Old 04-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Outdoors?

That's a good question. Who will try it out doors? We do not have a 12th scale outdoor program in my area. Honestly, I have never even turned a single lap out doors in a 12th scale car. I wouldn't even know where to begin! Please, anyone interested in outdoors with the MS2.2, speak up.
I'd like to give this car a try on outdoors asphalt. How do I get one?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default Summer Production

Production of the MS2.2 has slowed considerably now that the carpet season has concluded. There will be some that will want to race outdoors, so I will be build a car upon receiving an order. Just to clear up any questions at this point, the MS2.2 is a conversion kit based off of Asc style parts with a few Hyperdrive parts mixed into the rear pod. CRC or IRS parts will work as well. The kit comes with the chassis, the vertical uprights, foam bumper, instructions with photos, parts list to complete the kit, set up tips for mod and stock. The kit is $175.

Diff thrust kits are readily available for $30

There was a lot of testing going on in the last 6 weeks with a short wheel base car. A few drivers had a chance to test it and we all came back with the same conclusion. Basically, the swb car had only a few benafits over the standard wheel base car, but made it more difficult to set up. The range of adjustment was very narrow. Driving the car required more concentration and focus. The standard car had a broader range of adjustment and could be driven harder without the intense focus needed. At this point, it's not likely that a swb car will come to market. For those that are curious, the swb was 193mm and the standard; 196mm. In heads up testing between the two cars, on the same track, in the same conditions, with in minutes of each other; the standard wheelbase car got the "thumbs up" in my own little personal race off.

Brian; slapmastertools.com
Old 05-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good day Slap fans,

last night at Ripon CA I ran the MS2.2 on asphalt. Pink rear, purple front 063 T bar. no side spring and .020 springs on the front stock motor class.

The car was great, i took TQ and won the A-main.

i started with a little toe out but made it parallel as it was diving in a little. i went to max castor before I even tried it which was a good move apparently.

It was a decent size track with a good amount of corn syrup sprayed down.

I was putting down laps almost as fast as the sedan 19T class and I think I can get an extra couple of tenths as I increase my traction compound on the front (niftech, I REALLY like this stuff).

I'd like a little more in the corners but it's just a matter of tiny amounts. Also Brian I was in the bottom hole on the front blocks, what will happen if I go up a hole or two?

Car was excellent.

Chris
Old 05-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all,

yet another slaptastic weekend. TQ, A main win and fastest laps of the day. Car was great, I did run a little less side damping and still without side springs. I was running 12th stock on a good sized purpose built asphalt track.

I love this car on asphalt.

Chris.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.