Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
what the hell did you do to that poor car??
No doubt.

Please someone put this thing out of its misery.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looks like it was shot at and missed and sh--t at and hit.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I really like the motor mount. I want to see video of it running.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
I really like the motor mount. I want to see video of it running.
with a smaller motor..........two months ago......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbldPlefyNI
Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default Wheelbase

how do you shorten the front and rear wheelbase. i have read the directions but there is no real explanation on what goes where...could some one help me out. thanks.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obi wun
how do you shorten the front and rear wheelbase. i have read the directions but there is no real explanation on what goes where...could some one help me out. thanks.
You can move the spacers in either the front or rear of the a arms to lengthen or shorten the wheelbase. Without the spacers your a arms would move back and forth about 4mm so I assume you already have spacers in now.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hoping someone can offer a little setup help. I have a TC5R with the out of box rubber setup w/ slipper spool on it with the exception of a 1.25 (black) sway bar in front and an addition 1mm shim (2mm total) on the rear hub to angle the link more and free up the back end. Running rubber tires on asphalt. I need more steering everywhere but especially off power and the slower 180s. Like I said I need more everywhere, but more noticeably in those areas. I was thinking 2.5 or even 2 deg of rear toe (down from 3) or playing with ackerman. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g26er
Hoping someone can offer a little setup help. I have a TC5R with the out of box rubber setup w/ slipper spool on it with the exception of a 1.25 (black) sway bar in front and an addition 1mm shim (2mm total) on the rear hub to angle the link more and free up the back end. Running rubber tires on asphalt. I need more steering everywhere but especially off power and the slower 180s. Like I said I need more everywhere, but more noticeably in those areas. I was thinking 2.5 or even 2 deg of rear toe (down from 3) or playing with ackerman. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Is this for asphalt or carpet?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Is this for asphalt or carpet?
Runner on asphalt. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Runner on asphalt. Thanks!
I would use Rick Howart's set-up from West Coast Rc Raceway. Most of all the recent set-ups from Team Asscociated are all pretty close. But I would start with this set-up and go from there.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The TC5R kit setup has a good amount of steering under most circumstances. If you haven't already, use the o-ring/washer soft mounts for the front of the top deck. Use some blue Loctite on the screws and don't tighten them very tight. Try no bar up front. You can raise the droop in the back, but you might get tail happy. Different tires seem to like different camber, so that's a hard call. HPI Vintage tires like very little camber -- 1° or less. Other tires like up to 3°. I don't know what to tell you there. I'm also not stingy with the tire sauce. The TC5 also seems to dislike hard throttle and brake application. For a long 180, try straight-line braking, maintenance throttle through most of the corner, slow throttle application from about mid-corner on out. Mine gets very loose if I go in too deep or lift in mid corner.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jhberger
The TC5R kit setup has a good amount of steering under most circumstances. If you haven't already, use the o-ring/washer soft mounts for the front of the top deck. Use some blue Loctite on the screws and don't tighten them very tight. Try no bar up front. You can raise the droop in the back, but you might get tail happy. Different tires seem to like different camber, so that's a hard call. HPI Vintage tires like very little camber -- 1° or less. Other tires like up to 3°. I don't know what to tell you there. I'm also not stingy with the tire sauce. The TC5 also seems to dislike hard throttle and brake application. For a long 180, try straight-line braking, maintenance throttle through most of the corner, slow throttle application from about mid-corner on out. Mine gets very loose if I go in too deep or lift in mid corner.
Thanks! Already did the o-ring/blue countersunk washer thing. I will try no sway bar up front. I've tried sauce and no sauce and it's still pushy. Unlike what you've experienced I can nail the throttle at any point going in, during or coming out of the turn and the rear is flat out planted. I can lift or break hard or peg the throttle at any point during the turn and the rear maintains composure always. Tires were Absolute 32 and ambient temps in the high 80s I'd guess. Very stable but really lacking corner speed.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

g26 -- Sounds like you have an abundance of rear grip. My tendency would be to work on the back to get the front to behave a little better. Raising the rear ride height would get the weight to go forward better under braking. Reducing the rear toe will make the back less stable, but you may pay a price with twitchiness down the straight. That's also a pain to change on the TC5, so maybe I'd try stiffer springs, stiffer bar, or less wing first.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jhberger
g26 -- Sounds like you have an abundance of rear grip. My tendency would be to work on the back to get the front to behave a little better. Raising the rear ride height would get the weight to go forward better under braking. Reducing the rear toe will make the back less stable, but you may pay a price with twitchiness down the straight. That's also a pain to change on the TC5, so maybe I'd try stiffer springs, stiffer bar, or less wing first.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. For what it's worth the back tires have almost no wear... just scrubbed the mold line off whereas the front tires show wear for sure though not terrible. On the scales I'm about 10 grams lighter in the front than the rear.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Definitely no front sway bar. My suggestion would to work mainly on springs, droop and toe. One thing I learned is that no one set up works for anyone other than the one who set it up. Nobody drives alike, so use anothers set up sheet as a start point ONLY. go from there. Make one change at a time, test than tune, test then tune.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.