Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Cold, dark and boring. Not much to do down here
Sheesh . . . "Cold, dark and boring" . . . that's our department.
Go home via Melbourne. I'll find you a drive and . . . . oh yeah, we have two dogs you can pat.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Does the V one S handle better with the floating rear end?
Never try it but it should work the floating rear end should go well on it for Gas tourer.

Damo

Last edited by VoneRkid; 06-25-2003 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:40 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Originally posted by finchy
Yeah I was having this discussion with a guy the other day at hobbyrama and he seems to think the same thing. His other comment was that the Evo is not that much different than the RR and that the cars may be becoming to adjustable. He said when he was running the Fantom that Kyosho was coming out with up grades for the car every couple of months, and that some of these upgrades actually made the car worse. That's his comments anyway. I'll still be keen to test the EVO as soon as it arrives on my doorstep. Catch up with you later AMG.
Ohh yes though I do know this guy loves to have A LOT of adjustable things anyway
Why dont you just get a V one S I hear that it drives just as well as a V one R
I must say I couldnt feel any major differences in the floating rear mounts and the standard rear end on a tourer. Maybe on a can am body there would be a bigger difference.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The biggest difference between the standard VoneR-VoneS rear end and the VoneRR floating rear end isn't the position of the body mounts, but the angle of the shocks (lay down more with the VoneRR mounts)

On my cars I found that the car had both better traction coming out of tight corners and rotated better entering corners, and I tried the rear mount on both my VoneS and my VoneRR

Lue
Old 06-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Talking of floating rear ends, do you think there is any advantage of this rear end as apposed to the standard rear end. I've heard some people think that's it's not really effective and the standard one is better.
Yea..I think so too.. I raise the question as i I haven't experience running a car with that item on it. And wonder what this item can do for me.. I still satisfied with the standard rear floating.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

The only problem that I have found with the floating pod is that you can only get so much down travel with the arms.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I personally run the floating rear end. Just wanted to see what others though of the FRE. I have also run a V1S and I don't think the floating rear end would be tangible an that car. The S is pretty good straight out of the box with a 2 speed. TBR I have just bought a very cheap V 1 S from somebody down at the track. Pretty good deal, put it this way for less than the price of a new 2 speed I got a whole car with a box of spares. But I won't be going back to Gas Touring. Might do some modifactions to it and see what donk I can shoe horn in there. See ya on Sunday or maybe Saturday.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Taylor Racing are we competing on the weekend. Hope you do well. Smoke that opposition.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Taylor Racing are we competing on the weekend. Hope you do well. Smoke that opposition.
Yep, we have the second round of the VORTEC inter-club challenge coming up at Castlemaine on Sunday.
These are always good events. VORTEC runs four classes and there are six clubs involved. The basic principal is that each club sends the top three points scorers in each class to compete at these four events during the year.
So, on Sunday, there will be 72 drivers looking to earn points for their club towards the VORTEC shield that'll be awarded at the end of the year.
It'll be great fun, as these VORTEC events always are.
Actually, the competition is quite hot - might be luckey to get in the final.

You guys should get a VORTEC thing going in Qld. I've been trying to convince the NSW guys to do the same thing - Now THAT really would be good.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

That sounds really cool I think the idea was talked about getting the guys from Murwillimbah club to come up to our track for a State of Origin type thing. But that idea quickly fizzled out. Yeah I would like to try and organise something like VORTEC sound like a heap of fun.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

That sounds really cool I think the idea was talked about getting the guys from Murwillimbah club to come up to our track for a State of Origin type thing. But that idea quickly fizzled out. Yeah I would like to try and organise something like VORTEC sound like a heap of fun.
Do you think you would have some clubs that would be interested?
Our VORTEC runs on the KISS principal.

Since you are racing for your club, and not so much just for yourself, the atmosphere of these events is quite different to an IFMAR one - friendly rivalry and lots of team spirit stuff.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Just a FYI on the Kyosho pinions. I bought a few sets recently and noticed that they looked different than my old ones. They have the same dull grey appearance that the hard annodised mugen items have. Also I ran around 10 tanks on them already with no visible scarring. I suspect Kyosho has started to hard annodise the pinions now.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Just a FYI on the Kyosho pinions. I bought a few sets recently and noticed that they looked different than my old ones. They have the same dull grey appearance that the hard annodised mugen items have. Also I ran around 10 tanks on them already with no visible scarring. I suspect Kyosho has started to hard annodise the pinions now.
AMG

are these pinion with the same part no. ???
Old 06-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tl2111
AMG

are these pinion with the same part no. ???
Yep they sure are. This is not in anyway confirmed, I might be dreaming. I will take a pic soon and you can make your minds up for yourselves.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Hello, If i chance the standard stock front pulley from 27 to 25 is it will make the front wheel abit faster tahn the rear? (Front Overdrive) And what will be the advantage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.