Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree105Likes

TLR 8ight 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ight 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: racer1812
Welcome to the 8ight 4.0 Wiki!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Ive run the alum diff mount in truck for years and never had an issue with the diff.
people drive different. And it’s been known that this happens in the center diff, watch the in touch series and Kevin Gahan talks about it. I am very hard on the throttle and I run for long periods of time, very very rare if I go less then 45 minutes a run and pretty normal for me to run 2 runs each day that are an hour or hour and a half each run. I’m very hard on stuff. That’s why I have to completely tear down and rebuild my cars after each day of running. Also that’s why I run at the test track every week! I work stuff hard. I may not be top speed but I’ve won nationals like silver state in open class.

anyways, I just wanna try this part because it holds more oil in that diff case and has aluminum pins that hold the cross pins where the small gears go on and I can see a huge overall benefit to running it in the center. Any chance you have one I could buy off u or know someone that may have gotten one over the years when they produced them?? I’ll pay $40 for one. I don’t need it in the front or rear. Just center so my cars a bit more solid and I know that case works with the 8x so when I get it I can use it there too. I can’t see it atleast being as good as stock so I think it’s worth a shot. It forsure won’t fail faster then the plastic case and I plan on loctiting everything so it stays together.

Last edited by Matt Piva; 05-14-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Piva

people drive different. And it’s been known that this happens in the center diff, watch the in touch series and Kevin Gahan talks about it. I am very hard on the throttle and I run for long periods of time, very very rare if I go less then 45 minutes a run and pretty normal for me to run 2 runs each day that are an hour or hour and a half each run. I’m very hard on stuff. That’s why I have to completely tear down and rebuild my cars after each day of running. Also that’s why I run at the test track every week! I work stuff hard. I may not be top speed but I’ve won nationals like silver state in open class.

anyways, I just wanna try this part because it holds more oil in that diff case and has aluminum pins that hold the cross pins where the small gears go on and I can see a huge overall benefit to running it in the center. Any chance you have one I could buy off u or know someone that may have gotten one over the years when they produced them?? I’ll pay $40 for one. I don’t need it in the front or rear. Just center so my cars a bit more solid and I know that case works with the 8x so when I get it I can use it there too. I can’t see it atleast being as good as stock so I think it’s worth a shot. It forsure won’t fail faster then the plastic case and I plan on loctiting everything so it stays together.
Again - been running it in trucks since it came out and NEVER had an issue.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

So i came across a 4.0 buggy with the tuning kit chassis for my son. But its missing the front aluminum spindles.
1st question- Do you guys run the universals or the CV shafts?
2nd question- will the 3.0 aluminum front spindles fit the universals for the 4.0?
Old 07-12-2019, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys I’m looking for some advice on what # inserts (pills) to put in my A/B/C/D blocks to try!! I’m really looking forward to testing something new!! If possible (so it’s a little easier for me to understand) could you just say what pill # to use in what direction in each block, I’m still not totally sure how to understand what # pills equate to specific kickup or castor when reading the manual. I believe right now I’m using pretty much pill #0 in my A&B blocks and the C/D blocks I know I may have the same but I’m not totally sure I just know they are wrong and I’m driving on a pretty dry and dusty high speed track with big jumps!! We do water in mornings and I have 2 4.0 buggies I drive each day, one for dry and one for wet! Any advice for these specific conditions would be awesome and I absolutely will try it out with much appreciation!!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys I’m looking for some advice on what # inserts (pills) to put in my A/B/C/D blocks to try!! I’m really looking forward to testing something new!! If possible (so it’s a little easier for me to understand) could you just say what pill # to use in what direction in each block, I’m still not totally sure how to understand what # pills equate to specific kickup or castor when reading the manual. I believe right now I’m using pretty much pill #0 in my A&B blocks and the C/D blocks I know I may have the same but I’m not totally sure I just know they are wrong and I’m driving on a pretty dry and dusty high speed track with big jumps!! We do water in mornings and I have 2 4.0 buggies I drive each day, one for dry and one for wet! Any advice for these specific conditions would be awesome and I absolutely will try it out with much appreciation!!
Best set up is Phends last set up for that car. The pill information can be found in the manual.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Best set up is Phends last set up for that car. The pill information can be found in the manual.
ok sounds good, I’m pretty sure I gel with his style of driving aggressive and could figure it out. It’s about time I understand the pill direction and what(front kick up and rear toe) they equate to anyways so I can put these in right. I was actually looking at my cars and they do have set ups that are correct I just don’t know what degree they come out to. Once I figure it out I’ll know what fronts and rears to use for what I want changed.

is this Vegas worlds the set up your talk
ng about? I wonder how much different that car is from my 4.0
*Well friggin A I’m gonna have to look it up online. Just Incase it’s helpful this is everything they have in the book which is helpful just doesn’t go into depth. I left out the stock set up sheet.

Last edited by Matt Piva; 07-16-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Looking for Losi 2.0 or 3.0

GOT ONE THANKS

Hello guys!

I own 2 a RC8.2e and an RC8b3.1e Team Associated bought from this great forum and now I am helping out a friend. He loves Losi and he is a great racer. Sadly he is really short on money so he is looking for a second hand Losi 2.0 which is a beast! I am sorry to bother you guys here, but I though it would be a great idea to post here since you all use Losi and have upgraded your car. Maybe you have that car sitting somewhere and didnt put it on sale for some reason like it always happens. Maybe you got those spare parts packs sitting somewhere and he could use them! It does not matter if it is a nitro version, he is really skilled and will convert him by making the pieces himself like lipo tray and stuff.
I will leave you guys my phone number (hope ir works because the format sometimes it doesnt) and you can also text me a PM here. Please do not respond in this thread because I dont want to make an offtopic conversation.
If you happen to have anything, even worn out parts he will take them for emergency cases. Like I said, I am giving him a hand cause he is really short on money so if you can spare 5 min and look for anything I will really appreciate it! Anything from Losi 3.0 is an option too, but I dunno about prices.

Thanks a lot for your time guys, and I am sorry again for the off topic. I forgot to mention that we are from Argentina, I already bought a lot of stuff from this great forum. I will help him out by covering shipping.

Hope to hear from you!

Jose Ariel Mikulas <--------- facebook as well.
+5493518014212

Last edited by Joselox; 07-22-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: add phone number
Old 07-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

just doesn’t go into depth.
https://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/...4527a27dcf07e4

Here you go.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Adjustable hinge pin brace??

can someone explain the difference between LOSA1755 and TLR344010. They are both adjustable hinge pin braces. I’m looking to buy a set for my 4.0 buggy, but I’m not sure which one to get. From what I read, they both fit??

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2019, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by solidsnake83
can someone explain the difference between LOSA1755 and TLR344010. They are both adjustable hinge pin braces. I’m looking to buy a set for my 4.0 buggy, but I’m not sure which one to get. From what I read, they both fit??

Thanks!
im pretty sure those are the same, the first one is the older blocks which we now call hrc (high roll center) but after sometime people started flipping the D block (farthest back block) upside down because it worked better on the newer cars, so in turn losi made the llrc (I’m guessing low low roll center) anyways I’m not to forsure on it they geometrically come out the same I just know I run the old hrc rear block upside down and like it. They have the lrc block which I ran forever but I’m now testing to see if I like the flipped hrc d block.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by solidsnake83

Thanks!
They are slightly different. At the end of the 4.0, most of the guys were running the LLRC brace.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

They are slightly different. At the end of the 4.0, most of the guys were running the LLRC brace.
which one goes lower? I also saw u may need to modify the hrc to go upside down? I just put it on a week ago but there doesn’t seem to be a gap to the chassis..

tell me the secrets...

Last edited by Matt Piva; 08-02-2019 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quick question, does the 4.0 compatible with the X?
Old 09-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jlopez
Quick question, does the 4.0 compatible with the X?
nope. Pretty much nothing other then some diff parts.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

which one goes lower? I also saw u may need to modify the hrc to go upside down? I just put it on a week ago but there doesn’t seem to be a gap to the chassis..

tell me the secrets...
Sorry just seeing this. LLRC is the actual part. We modded the HRC to do the same job before the LLRC was released. You will need to grind the HRC to work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.