Like Tree98Likes

TLR 8ight 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ight 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: racer1812
Welcome to the 8ight 4.0 Wiki!

Print Wikipost

Old 05-14-2019, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token View Post
Ive run the alum diff mount in truck for years and never had an issue with the diff.
people drive different. And itís been known that this happens in the center diff, watch the in touch series and Kevin Gahan talks about it. I am very hard on the throttle and I run for long periods of time, very very rare if I go less then 45 minutes a run and pretty normal for me to run 2 runs each day that are an hour or hour and a half each run. Iím very hard on stuff. Thatís why I have to completely tear down and rebuild my cars after each day of running. Also thatís why I run at the test track every week! I work stuff hard. I may not be top speed but Iíve won nationals like silver state in open class.

anyways, I just wanna try this part because it holds more oil in that diff case and has aluminum pins that hold the cross pins where the small gears go on and I can see a huge overall benefit to running it in the center. Any chance you have one I could buy off u or know someone that may have gotten one over the years when they produced them?? Iíll pay $40 for one. I donít need it in the front or rear. Just center so my cars a bit more solid and I know that case works with the 8x so when I get it I can use it there too. I canít see it atleast being as good as stock so I think itís worth a shot. It forsure wonít fail faster then the plastic case and I plan on loctiting everything so it stays together.

Last edited by Matt Piva; 05-14-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post

people drive different. And itís been known that this happens in the center diff, watch the in touch series and Kevin Gahan talks about it. I am very hard on the throttle and I run for long periods of time, very very rare if I go less then 45 minutes a run and pretty normal for me to run 2 runs each day that are an hour or hour and a half each run. Iím very hard on stuff. Thatís why I have to completely tear down and rebuild my cars after each day of running. Also thatís why I run at the test track every week! I work stuff hard. I may not be top speed but Iíve won nationals like silver state in open class.

anyways, I just wanna try this part because it holds more oil in that diff case and has aluminum pins that hold the cross pins where the small gears go on and I can see a huge overall benefit to running it in the center. Any chance you have one I could buy off u or know someone that may have gotten one over the years when they produced them?? Iíll pay $40 for one. I donít need it in the front or rear. Just center so my cars a bit more solid and I know that case works with the 8x so when I get it I can use it there too. I canít see it atleast being as good as stock so I think itís worth a shot. It forsure wonít fail faster then the plastic case and I plan on loctiting everything so it stays together.
Again - been running it in trucks since it came out and NEVER had an issue.