Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MichaelS
We need the winter testing this year more than ever before. We probably will get our drivers in Florida, japan and Italy to do a lot of testing, and will go to maybe Italy ourself.

I don'think we will test in Nuremberg though...
Mist! But there are so many interesting obstacles on the track at the moment - leaves, twigs and acorns - you never know when this knowledge would come in useful!
Old 11-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MichaelS
We need the winter testing this year more than ever before. We probably will get our drivers in Florida, japan and Italy to do a lot of testing, and will go to maybe Italy ourself.

I don'think we will test in Nuremberg though...
And if you need a photographer/journalist, just ask!
Old 11-15-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Michael/Rene,

Got a question for you - a bit off topic in this 710 thread:

I reacently got a Vector NT via ebay (apparently the ex-KHM car!). What improvements does the 950 have over the NT in terms of how it drives on the circuit?

I'm still collecting all the bits I need to get the NT onto the track (motor, servos, etc.) - I'm really looking forward to seeing what it is like to drive. It knocks me out every time I see the 1/8th cars race - the are so damned quick!!!

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
Julius mind if I ask what route do you usually fly? Do you fly AMS-KL? I take that sometimes but most of the time with code sharing MAS flight.
Unfortunately the Kuala Lumpur flight is executed by a 747-400

I'd love to go there as we stay in a super hotel with its own golf course.
Actually Kuala Lumpur is one of the few big far-eastern cities I never visited.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: 710 on Rubber Tyres

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Can anyone from Serpent comment whether the 710 has been tried on rubber tyres, unfortunately for us Serpent racers in the UK the rubber class is by far the biggest which hasn't traditionally been a Serpent playing field, it would be nice to know that the 710 will be more competitive than the Impulse Pro/705 on rubber tyres with the solid axle or front ball diff.
Actually during initial testing the special prototype plastic somtimes required some CA-glue
When we got all the parts upgraded to the "real" material, we ran out of glue to stick the rubber tires to the rims
Old 11-15-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Julius
Unfortunately the Kuala Lumpur flight is executed by a 747-400

I'd love to go there as we stay in a super hotel with its own golf course.
Actually Kuala Lumpur is one of the few big far-eastern cities I never visited.
Here's something I've wanted to know for a long time: how much input do the pilots have during take off and landing. Is it pretty much automatic thesedays?
I heard it was all auto, but I can't quite believe this.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Mark, the pilots acctually just hang out in the bar on the upper deck with the stewardesses for most of the time. The only time they are in the cockpit is when people board and deboard the plane, to give you that nice feeling of somebody being there. All the modern planes are connected via satellite to a "flight command" in India where a bunch of software guys that developed the FS for Microsoft actually fly the planes. At least this is what my pilot told me....
Old 11-15-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fmolzer
Mark, the pilots acctually just hang out in the bar on the upper deck with the stewardesses for most of the time. The only time they are in the cockpit is when people board and deboard the plane, to give you that nice feeling of somebody being there. All the modern planes are connected via satellite to a "flight command" in India where a bunch of software guys that developed the FS for Microsoft actually fly the planes. At least this is what my pilot told me....
I knew I hated flying for a reason!
Old 11-15-2003, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fmolzer
Actually you can do much as a passenger......
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-bluetooth-aangepast.jpg  
Old 11-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

It's the restart after installing that'd kill you, though
Old 11-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: 710 on Rubber Tyres

Originally posted by Rene C.
Hi Diesel Racer!

To be honest, we never tried the 710 on rubber tyres. But we are getting some good tyres from UK soon. So then we can tryļ.
I have no experience to drive on rubber tyres. The only thing I know, that the car should be good in balance. And the 710 is good in balance. So I¡¦m pretty sure that it will work well.
I know, that it is very important for UK to have a good car on rubber tyres but this is not an international racing class. So for us testing with foam tyres was more important. With rubber tyres we even don¡¦t know witch tyres are good, so we would start from begin. Now we use the knowledge from a UK driver to get the right stuff. We keep going.
Thanks Rene

Now if I could just have that free 710, I would be more than happy to do all the rubber tyre testing.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: 710 on Rubber Tyres

Thanks Rene

Now if I could just have that free 710, I would be more than happy to do all the rubber tyre testing.
I also want to have some cars (big real one's) to test. I still wait and nothing happend.

You are not the only one.

Last edited by Rene C.; 11-15-2003 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: 710 on Rubber Tyres

Originally posted by Julius
Actually during initial testing the special prototype plastic somtimes required some CA-glue
When we got all the parts upgraded to the "real" material, we ran out of glue to stick the rubber tires to the rims
Julius if only I had Known, our companies electrician uses CA-glue for everything, I'm sure we could have traded for a 710.

If I carry on posting like this I could end up as a Tech Initiate just like MS.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: 710 on Rubber Tyres

Julius if only I had Known, our companies electrician uses CA-glue for everything, I'm sure we could have traded for a 710.

If I carry on posting like this I could end up as a Tech Initiate just like MS.
Follow MS's example:

1) Take a bottle of wine
2) Drink!
3) Write anything, even if it's not relevant
4) Collapse
5) Wake up and see what you wrote

You'll soon be a star!
Old 11-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 on Rubber Tyres

Originally posted by Rene C.
I also want to have some cars (big real one's) to test. I still wait and nothing happend.

You are not the only one.
At the FOARGAS side i have seen some pics of the Serpent Factory and there was a 1:1 Serpent car in the garage (to race at Zandvoort) Is it still there, or is it sold? if it's there take take car for a testdrive if you haven't already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.